Volume 1: Prologue
179 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a lone chaotic night, a small village is engulfed in flames.

A young boy runs for his life searching for his family.

(“Stay here. We’ll come back for you.”)

These words are what echo in the young boy’s mind only 11 years of age.

"Mom! Dad!" A small voice tries to call out for his parents.

As he roams the village street, he is surrounded by blazing fires. Every house which is made out of wood and a thatched roof glow an infernal light of red. Nothing but the crackling sound of fire eating away the surroundings into a heaping pile of ash surrounds the boy.

Bodies lay lifeless on the ground as they have been either consumed by the fire, or mercilessly slaughtered as they tried to escape the inferno.

“I think I see someone!” A voice overflowing with hostility calls out.

What follows shortly is a merciless rain of gunfire. The shots drown out the sea of blazes that has engulfed the small village. Bullets ricochet at the boy’s general direction as he frantically run away from the pursuers.

Every turn the boy makes leads to more armed men. There is no use running away.

He makes his way into one of the houses to hide from the people out to kill him. He goes through a door that has been broken down that leads to a basement and follows the staircase down into a cellar where even the blazing fires have already claimed as their territory.

“There’s nowhere for that brat to run. Surround the area.” One of them commands the rest as the voice echoes through the cellar’s walls.

The boy runs deeper and farther, but just then; a large beam that is holding up a mass of rubble suddenly gives way.

While the burning debris that is too big to get out of the way of falls towards the young child, he closes his eyes and crouches down to brace for the inevitable.

The boy screams at the top of his lungs as his only thought is that he is about to die.

However, the impact never reaches him.

He slowly opens his eyes and sees someone carrying the unimaginably massive chunk of wood and stone on their shoulders. The young boy sees the figure donning a full set of armor, but the heat from the inferno combined with the sudden shock did not let him see anything else.

As the figure tosses the debris away, the child loses consciousness from the lack of oxygen and falls to the ground. The last the boy recalls from that incident is the sensation of suddenly being carried off.

These are the memories of a young boy named Katsuo Kiyabu of the incident that has cost him everything he has held dear.

Five years later…

0