Volume 1: Epilogue
49 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day at the headmistress’ office…

“And to conclude the incident report, we have found the suspect named Toshiko Sakawa along the forest perimeter exhibiting no form of resistance. It could be a possible backlash of the experimental medicine that she ingested.” Henrietta Thompson gives the details regarding the arrest of Toshiko Sakawa.

“The stolen evidence was also found not far from where the suspect is located and is recovered completely intact. It has been turned over to the school analysts to continue its examination and to keep it more secured. And lastly, Toshiko is currently under hospital arrest to monitor her paralysis condition.”

“I see. Well it’s a good thing that things are getting back to normal.” Miss Violet folds her arms in relief.

“So wait, does this mean I’m now safe?” Katsuo asks puzzled.

Miss Violet takes in a deep sigh.

“No. In fact, suffice it to say, you are in more danger from her onward.”

“W…what the…why?” Katsuo asks confused.

Miss Violet leans back with an elbow on her chair’s armrest while rubbing her forehead.

“Miss Thompson, you are dismissed. This is something we have to discuss privately.”

“But…headmistress…”

“That is an order!”

"U-understood." Henrietta's voice stammers as she stomps her feet together and stands up straight in attention.

She then turns around and exits through the door. Once the door closes shut again, Miss Violet continues the discussion with Katsuo.

“That's better. Now that we have a little privacy, here's what's happening. Since the assassination attempt was botched, it’s safe to say that they will try again, possibly with more extreme measures.”

“Well then, why not move me some place safer?”

“There is no place safer. Only AEGIS has the technology and training to make sure you’re safe. Going back out to the general public will stick you out like a sore thumb. Besides, they now know who to look for.”

The lady in violet gives a thin smile as she adjusts her hand to support her head by the cheek.

“And another thing: I wasn’t exactly sitting here all day while all of this is going on. I was busy making some arrangements.”

“What is it this time?” Katsuo asks in annoyance.

“Oh don’t worry, it won’t cause you any trouble. In fact, it’s actually of help. I know someone who is more than capable of keeping you safe while you’re attending this school as a student. You’ll get to meet that person in about a week.”

“Why a week?”

“It’ll take time for that person to get here, so I suggest you lay low for the time being.” Miss Violet advises him.

“And another thing, what is this evidence that you and Miss Thompson are talking about?”

Miss Violet sits up straight sequentially taps her fingers on the top of her desk.

“Well I suppose you deserve to know since it concerns you, anyway. I already told you that it’s related to the massacre that took place five years ago. It surface just around a week ago. It’s actually a single contact communication device.”

“So that’s what they used to talk with whoever staged the whole thing?”

“Yes, although we had a lot of trouble getting it to work. It was battered badly with whatever beat those armed men back then. If we can get it running again and trace back where it contacts to, we’ll finally be able to find out who they were working for.”

“You waited just last week to start investigating a mass genocide that took place five years ago?”

“Hey it’s a good thing we even found anything. Nothing was moved or touched since the village was so remote. How did you even get out in the first place?

Katsuo thinks back to that time but just shakes his head. It’s as though a void is left in his mind shortly after being carried away from the fire those many years ago.

Miss Violet sees Katsuo's reaction and responds with the same light smile as before.

“I understand. Look I may be the last person you expect to say this, but information is a very powerful thing. It has the ability to make or break even nations.”

“I’m sorry but…” Katsuo looks at her puzzled.

“No, it’s nothing. You’re free to go if you want.”

Katsuo turns for the door and is about to open it when…

“Oh, I forgot one thing. You told me back then that someone in armor was the one who saved you that day. It wouldn’t happen to be, by any chance…”

“No.” Katsuo gave an immediate answer.

“It was more…angelic.” He swings the door open and leaves the office.

Once the door closes once more, Miss Violet hastily picks up her intercom’s phone and dials a set of numbers.

After a short wait…

“Yeah high, is this the contractor? …Yeah I need work done to fix some things for the school.”

“Look I know we called you in earlier to reconstruct the Boy’s Dormitory, but you’re the fastest guys we know who can work on it. Also we need additional work done.”

“Yeah there’s half of the old school building and a hole that goes through one of the the floors of the main campus.

What followed was the breakdown of the cost of all of the repairs. The usually calm and cold Miss Violet sits shocked when she was given an absurdly high amount for the total cost.

“HOW MUCH?!?!?!?!”

Spoiler

Extra

In an unknown location, various monitors show different feeds from all of the hacked security cameras within the school grounds.

One person watches them. These monitors show various angles of the rampage Arsenal has made while fending off three students.

This person is clad in a red cape and metal armor. Their face is hidden in the shadows formed by the light that these monitors give off. A tinted mask large enough to cover one's face sits on the same table that these monitors are on.

This person picks up this mask and places it on their face. The mask wraps around their head and turn into a helmet, then puts on the hood attached to their cape.

"At long last, I finally found you." Its distorted voice whispers to the lonely darkness.

The helmet it wears changes their voice, hiding their identity apart from just their face alone. It glares at the array of monitors; its display reflects on its dark tinted visor.

"And this time, there is no escape for you."

This reflection shows an image of Katsuo holding a shining sword ready to fend off Arsenal.

All of the sudden, a hefty blood-red sword stabs through the monitor that shows this image.

"For the sake of the world, I will do whatever it takes...Katsuo Kiyabu."

[collapse]

 

2