Volume 3: Epilogue
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(“I’m sorry…”)

The rapier that Katsuo has thrust forward misses its mark.

It instead hits her mask and then slides upward. This knocks the glossy pink wig off of Deathwish’s head.

The impact of the rapier leaves a crack down the middle of the silver mask.

As the mask slowly breaks apart, a trickle of tears fly off of Alexia’s eyes as she gives a weary smile. Her face is filled with regret and lamentation.

(“…I tried to protect you. We all did. But there’s really nothing I can do right now.”)

On the other hand, Alexia’s palm strike lands on Katsuo’s chest, directly over his heart.

Her tender palm gives off black smoke which carries the influence of her Alter.

(“Now…all I can do is set you free; free from your eternal torment. I just wish there was any other way.”)

There was no scream.

No words.

No sound.

Katsuo’s body falls to the hard concrete floor. His eyes, still open, are dull and lifeless. Not a single shimmer of light can be seen in his pupils.

As the echo of the thud from his falling body resonates within the wide room, footsteps start to enter from the hall.

Henrietta, Kagami, and Natalia rush in to try and save Katsuo. But they soon learn that they have arrived too late; stunned by the sight before them.

Mein gött…” Natalia whispers in a quivering teary voice as she covers her mouth in terror.

Kanade’s eyes stare into Katsuo’s lifeless body.

Tears start to flow out of her brown eyes. She grits her teeth as she sees her plan end in failure.

(“No…no, no, no, please! I didn’t want it to end like this!!”)

And with a torrent of emotion, a single sound fills the once quiet room. Words fail to justify what it is.

Frustration? Grief? Regret? Loneliness?

Whatever it may be, it is enough to break the hold that has paralyzed Kanade.

Kanade gives off a loud ear-splitting scream. And for the first time since they have met, she screams out his name.

“KATSUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

0