Chapter 86: The Mysterious Cube (Part 2).
87 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Chapter 86. The Mysterious Cube part 2.
 
When they first came into this room and saw the floating cube inside, Michael was immediately taken aback by the mere sight of it. He had never expected that Lucas was right about his intuition, that they had really missed something important inside this ruin.
 
Michael was astonished to see such a bizarre sight - a floating object inside this weird room. He was certain that the cube was a type of unknown magic artifact. He was about to warn Lucas not to approach it hastily, as some traps might lie around it.
 
But it was already too late. When Michael came back to his senses, Lucas was already close to the cube and was about to touch it. And before Michael could even say anything to stop him, the cube suddenly rotated really fast and gave off a blinding red light before exploding into countless dust-like particles.
 
Michael immediately sensed the danger coming their way and quickly ran towards Lucas, trying to pull him away from the cube. But an invisible barrier suddenly appeared, separating them and stopping Michael from moving closer.
 
"What's going on? What the heck is this?" Michael shouted in haste as he tried to push his way inside the barrier.
 
But all of it was for naught - no matter how many times he punched or kicked it, the barrier didn't budge an inch. "Dammit, what the heck is this? Where did this barrier come from?" Michael exclaimed in frustration as he pounded his fist against it.
 
He was only a few feet away from Lucas, but this short distance felt like an eternity for him, as he could do nothing but watch Lucas suffer in agony.
 
"AHHHHHH, STOP IT! DON'T." Lucas shouted, trying to pull himself away from the dust particles of the mysterious cube that were now burrowing under his skin.
 
Lucas couldn't describe the pain he was feeling - it was even worse than his own genetic disease. No matter what he did, he couldn't grab anything as the cube particles were already sinking into his skin. It felt like molten metal was trying to fuse onto his body as the dust particles sank into his bones and veins, mixing into his blood and cells.
 
"F*ck! Get away from me." Lucas groaned in anger and pain as he tried to resist its invasion by releasing an aura field around his body. But even this last attempt to save himself was ineffective, as it only quickened the progress of their fusion.
 
When the dust-like particles of the cube came into contact with his aura, they quickly acted as a powerful glue that bound them together. It didn't take long for all the dust particles in the air to enter his body, and Lucas almost collapsed mentally as it even affected his mental strength.
 
As the cube finally enters his body, it immediately goes after his spiritual world eating large chunks of his mental strength causing him to buckle in absolute pain and horror.
 
Mental strength is one of the most important things for a transcendent human, as it is the power that helps them control the aura or mana around them, shaping it to their desire. But now, with the mysterious cube taking over, Lucas felt like he had lost control of his body and mind. He was terrified and didn't know what to do.
 
Michael, on the other hand, was frantically trying to find a way to break through the barrier and save him. He didn't know what the cube was, but he knew it was hurting Lucas and he had to do something about it. Michael wouldn't just let his only cousin die in front of him without doing anything to save him.
 
Michael tried using his own aura to shatter the barrier, but it was no use. The barrier was too strong and his aura was too weak in front of it. As he continued to search for a solution, Michael noticed that the dust particle of the cube inside the barrier had already banished, and Lucas was left alone. Kneeling inside the platform with his hands clawing towards his chest.
 
Michael tried to talk to Lucas outside the barrier, but he seemed unresponsive, as if he was in a deep trance. Michael called out to him again and again, but there was no response.
 
Michael knew he had to find a way to help him before it was too late. But how? He had no idea what the cube was or how it worked.
It's certainly is a magic artifact but his knowledge about it is little to none. He frantically search his mind for any information that might be useful, but he came up empty.
 
Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the aura field around Lucas started to dissipate, and the barrier around him disappeared. Michael rushed to his side, trying to see if he was okay.
 
Michael didn't waste any second as he quickly drag him away from the platform and inspected him for any signs of damage. With a quick look at his body, no sign of wounds or intrusion can be seen on his armor but to make sure he is okay Michael still asks him a question.
 
"Lucas, can you hear me? Are you okay?" Michael asked, shaking Lucas gently by the shoulders.
 
"Dammit, come on Lucas!"Michael yelled.
 
But all of it was for naught as he didn't receive an answer from Lucas as he is currently lost in his own thoughts. Unknown to him, Lucas mind is currently inside the cubes world.
 
The mysterious cube had brought Lucas' consciousness into an unknown place - a world full of modern tall buildings with giant spaceships sailing in the sky.
 
It was a spectacular scene that Lucas had never expected to see in this world, but as he looked around, he noticed something weird in some places. It was as if there were some spots around some space that were damaged, and only random bits of data could be seen flowing on them like a stream of data that made up the entire world.
 
It was like seeing a world inside a virtual game with his own consciousness inside of it. That's right - the cube that had fused into Lucas' body was now showing him its place of origin, a world far different from his own.
 
It was a civilization where magic met science, where they coexisted with each other, using their best products to supplement what the others lacked. Lucas even saw an entire island floating above his head, with modern buildings peeking out from above it.
 
Upon taking a closer look, Lucas discovered that the island floated by itself, with no machines sticking out underneath. It was a floating island that was supported by a giant magic formation, with runes upon runes of magic circles encircling it like a giant ring belt.
 
Not far in the distance, a giant spaceship darted towards the sky with bright jets of plasma behind it, contained by a magic circle.
 
Lucas watched everything with awe, certain that he had never known a place like this existed in his memories. The place was so majestic that Lucas couldn't believe it was real, but nevertheless, he still noticed something bizarre - no matter where he looked, he couldn't see any human presence around him.
 
"Where am I?" Lucas asked as if expecting to receive an answer from someone.
 
"Where is this place?" he added, looking around as he noticed the scene rapidly changing as if every second that passed was equal to a hundred years.
 

Lucas watched in shock as he saw how this advanced civilization collapsed on its own with the passing of time, without even seeing any humans in sight.

"What is this?" Lucas uttered in shock. "What's happening?" he asked, inspecting the now ruined world.

"What the hell is going on here?" Lucas asked in frustration.

Suddenly, someone answered him from behind.

"This is my world. All the things you saw happened in my world of origin." The voice simply said, as Lucas quickly turned his head.

"WHO?" Lucas asked, and was surprised to find a child standing behind him, staring at him like he was a fool.

 
(End of chapter)
 
Authors note: Yeah, I like to end this chapter in suspense as I'm currently trying a new way of writing style.
 
3