Chapter 1: What’s this?
4.6k 11 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1: What's This?

"They say that every legend has its own story. That's why I'm here to tell you about my own. All of it happens in a snap of a finger.

One moment I'm on Earth and the next thing I know. I was here. In a strange world where mana and aura exist."

-------------------------------------------

As soon as I opened my eyes I was immediately greeted by a strange sight. In front of me is an unfamiliar ceiling with a classic and elegant design.

As far as I can remember, my room doesn't look like this.

It doesn't suppose to have this elegant and elaborate design. It's supposed to be just a plain slab of cement.

I don't know what happened to me, and how I end up in this room. I don't even have any Idea of what's going on.

Also, I can't recall the last thing I did before falling asleep. For me to end up in this situation. And no, I don't take drugs nor pills, so it's impossible for me to have lapses in my memory.

But I'm sure about one thing, and that is I don't have enough money to rent an expensive room like this. My card would surely decline.

I spent several minutes staring at my glamorous ceiling contemplating on what happen to me before I end up in this place. But I still can't recall anything.

I finally give up thinking, and just decided to blink my eyes several times hoping that all of this is just a dream. 

But no matter how many times I blink my eyes nothing has changed at all. And everything stays the same. Everything that I'm seeing around me is real. This is all real.

I spend a few moments gazing at nothingness before I decided to accept my fate.

It took me some time before I finally decided to sit up on my bed to decide what action should I do now.

And upon roaming my eyes I was immediately stunned by what I saw. Inside this lavish room, is a sight to behold.

All the furniture is made out of heavy wood, which has a luxurious and noble design. Not just some cheap wood that you can buy online.

"The heck!" I whispered to myself.

Everything within my sight could be considered an antique, and probably expensive to my standard.

At the same time, all the furniture pieces in this room have a remarkable similarity to the design of the Victorian era or even older than that, and from this alone, I already know that something isn't right.

I was about to wipe my eyes with my hands to check if I'm still dreaming, but before I can do that I find something more horrifying.

"what the hell is this?" I gape as I looked into my hands in shock.

I didn't pay it any attention at first, but now that I'm standing it looks like I become smaller.

"The fudge? what happened to my hands?" 

"Did they shrink?" I whispered in horror as I take my hands closer to my face.

"This isn't my hand, how did they become like this?" A childish voice comes out of my mouth.

"Wait, my voice, what's wrong with my voice?" As Panics set in my mind.

"What the heck is going on?" I uttered in fright.

Bewildered by the strange event, I quickly decided to investigate my body in order to confirm my growing suspicion.

Thankfully, there is a mirror beside my bed.

And it shows the reflection of a young boy with soft silver hair, a high nose, and plump cheeks, with a pale complexion and red piercing eyes.

"Eh?" I said as I tilted my head while carefully touching my face as the boy in the mirror did the same thing.

"Eeeeeeh!" I uttered in shock.

"Is that me?" I said upon seeing my reflection.

"Wa-Wait." "Hold up."

"NO, No, Ho-How is this even possible?"

"How did I become like this?"

"What the hell is going on here?" I said one after another in a confused voice as panic is starting to eat my mind.

I hurriedly look at my surroundings to find out that this is obviously not a hotel room. There's not even a piece of any appliances in here.

But the most important question is.

"Where the heck am I?" I ask, as the scene around me gradually sinks in into my mind.

Okay, Don't panic. I need to calm down and take a deep breath… let's… be logical and think of a possible reason.

"Ah! Maybe this is just a dream, like lucid dreaming. Yeah, that must be it." I said as I convinced myself with this broken thought before I decided to lie back in my bed.

"But why do I feel tired all of a sudden? I didn't even do anything and is it even possible to feel tired inside a dream?" I whispered in the air as my mind is still comprehending everything that happens this night.

"What a strange night. I should just go back to sleep," I said to myself, finally convinced that I'm just dreaming.

So, I closed my eyes once again and drifted back to sleep hoping that once I woke up I would be back in my room. I thought that everything would return to normal the next time I woke up. But I was wrong. I was far too wrong because the worst is just about to come.

In the middle of my sleep, my chest suddenly became uncomfortable, and even if I tried to forcibly wake myself up to ask for help, something seems to be stopping me from doing it.

So I spend the entire night in my bed, being tortured by the terrible pain, that suddenly appears in my body. I thought it would eventually pass by if I just let it happen. But no, it didn't.

Instead, it got more intense. It feels like someone has set my body on fire, and there was just too much pain in my body.

Eventually, the pain got so intense that it causes me to lose consciousness and everything becomes blank.

Not until I was woken up by a noise coming from my door.

(*knock knock*) Sound of continuous knocking on the door.

Once again I find myself awake in the same room.

And surprise, surprise. Everything that I experience last night wasn't just a dream it was all real. But thankfully, all the pain from that time was already gone. Thank goodness, because I don't even know what would I do if I woke up still suffering from that torturous pain.

"Young Master, it is morning now. Breakfast has been served in the dining room" said an unknown female voice outside the door.

I wanted to ask her a question about my situation. But suddenly a severe pain struck my head, but it also vanished as fast as it came, and with that, all the memory of this body merged into me.

I don't know what kind of reaction should I show, or what kind of question should I even ask. But I transmigrated.

I don't know how, or why, It just happen. However, only one thing is clear and that is one of my unrealistic dreams has finally come true.

I have finally become the protagonist of my own life. The unthinkable has happened, and the impossible has become possible.

Transmigration is real this- "Yeah this is bullshit." I said quickly but then, I was cut off by the voice outside my door then I remembered that I still haven't answered her.

"Young Master, are you awake?" said the lady outside.

"Yeah, I'm awake already, so stop knocking on my door. It's annoying" The heck was that? It's not me. That's not what I'm thinking about saying at all.

"Young Master. Do you need some assistance in changing your clothes?" This time I finally recognized the voice outside the door.

It was Melissa, my maid. She's been working for our family for more than 25 years, starting from the time of my parents.

"No need. I can do it by myself, and besides, I'm not feeling good right now, so just bring my breakfast here in my room." I automatically ordered. It seems like even the personality of the original owner of this body has been engraved on my own.

"Then do you want me to call a priest to help you, Young Master?" said by Melissa as she enters my room and looked at me in concern.

"You don't have to Melissa. I just need to take some rest, just give me a day to recover. This is just the same illness that I have every year." I replied. Since bringing a priest means that we need to spend money. And what does he gonna do anyway, pray for my illness to go away?

I accidentally possessed the body of this child by sheer luck and based on the memory I received, this body has an illness every year and it always happens during the night.

Every time it happens the house of Beaufort would be thrown into a mess and they would always resort to doing anything including calling for the assistance of some priest in hopes that it will alleviate my situation.

But there are still a lot of missing pieces in my memory due to the huge information that I suddenly gain, I will need to take a couple of days to digest all of it. And a few days of rest is the perfect solution for this. Since I also need to adjust to my new environment as I need to familiarize myself with this new world.

Especially now that I possess this ill-ridden body. I can't just let anyone know about this secret, since one small mistake can lead to a huge disaster.

"Are you sure, Young Master? You don't feel uncomfortable or unwell, Do you? We can still call a priest if you need help." Melissa insists with worry in her eyes.

"You don't need to be worried about my condition. I know my own body better than you. Aside from that, We all know that their blessings don't have a great effect on me. All their healing arts did on my body is just lessened the pain to tolerable levels. But as long as they stop using their healing arts it would immediately come back. All they want from us is our wealth and nothing more." I plainly said to her, besides I don't feel that much pain now, so why would I need to call them?

*Gasp*

"Young Master, you mustn't say those words out loud. The people from the church wouldn't like it," Melissa uttered in shock.

"I don't care it's the truth anyway, and all the high nobility on this continent knows about that. The church uses its healing prayers as a front to make money from the people. And because they have this skill in healing they became popular with the masses and other kingdoms."

The Church in this world are run by wizards who use divinity instead of mana. They established this religion for the mortal kingdom to have an order. Their intention at first was clean, but as time passes by, the church has become one of the most rotten organizations of this era.

"We know that Young Master, but your father has forbidden us from spreading that knowledge nor to talk about anything that has something to do with the church."

"It's dangerous." She added in a low voice.

My father must have noticed it too. That the church is becoming more powerful and corrupt than before.

"Well, I know that. Especially now, that the church has become more aggressive about purging those people who bad-mouth them. Anyway, I don't need a priest, just bring my breakfast here in my room." I replied calmly.

"Okay young Master, I'll make sure to deliver all your meals to your room today. But aside from that, Do you have any other requests?" Melissa said in a mellow voice.

"No, you can go." I said as I waved my hands to Melissa as an indication of refusal. And as the door of my room closed. I immediately focused on learning everything about this world.

Somehow, I managed to recall the basic information about the church without breaking a sweat, but as I try to go deeper, everything becomes a little bit blurry in my memory. And based on what I can recall, It turns out that I was the only heir of the Beaufort House.

My mother passed away when I was young due to complications from childbirth and my father is always busy.

Despite this, my father is still popular with the ladies. Especially to single and widowed women, as most of them have taken an interest in becoming the second wife of my father. Many of them are attracted to the title of Viscount. Which is a hereditary title bestowed on us.

Aside from this, my father is also known for his incredible strength, plus he is a good-looking man and he is at the peak of his career. So, it's no wonder why many women would take an interest in him. But my Father is a loyal man to his wife, and he never bothers to take a look at other women, nor look for a replacement for my mother.

Even though some of them offered him a lot of benefits he still disagrees. And with that, all the talks about remarriage have died down.

My father's name is Hubert Francis Beaufort. Many people considered him as a fool for only taking one woman in his life and denying himself the benefits of remarrying.

But for the original owner of this body, his father is a great man. The original Lucas might not have a close relationship with his father, but he truly respects and admired him. He is not a perfect father, but he has done his best.

Also, The Beaufort family has a huge territory which is very unusual for a viscount, but it also has a small number of inhabitants since it is located at the very corner of the kingdom.

And most of its population is located in the city named Florentine City, which was under the rule of our family.

55