Chapter 3
1.8k 4 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 3

The next day.

I was awoken by a bright, warm light shining on my face but I almost pissed myself in a panic thinking that I was kidnapped by someone, as I woke up in an unfamiliar room but then, I remembered the events of the previous night and realized that I was no longer on Earth.

"So last night was not a dream?" I whispered to no one.

"I really transmigrated." - I thought as my mind became sober. Then reality hits me. I mean it's weird.

This is not something that I would expect to happen in my everyday life. No normal person would expect to be transmigrated when they die right?

When you think about it, it's strange that I can accept everything calmly without going crazy. But... I don't feel any loss at all.

Although I'm sure that I would miss the internet in the old world. But there are more things to discover in this world, that I would never find on the internet.

Although it may be more convenient to live on modern Earth, this doesn't mean that this world has nothing to offer. In fact, based on my memory, this world has a lot of potentials.

I was about to continue my thoughts to see if I could find something more interesting or important stuff that I should remember, but the door suddenly opened and James, our family butler entered my room.

"Young Master, you're awake! You've been sleeping for a whole day, sire decided not to disturb your rest, but it's night now and sire is worried about your condition." James said with a surprised expression on his face.

"I've been asleep for the whole day?" I loudly asked.

I mean I only felt exhausted upon waking up yesterday, but I didn't expect that it would take me an entire day to recover.

"Yes, young master." James briefly confirmed it with a nod.

Is that the reason why I feel so refreshed? All the previous fatigues and pains in my body are gone.

I know for a fact that this body has a remarkable recovery but this is too fast.

Even for the original Lucas, this is astonishing. Every time he experienced the illness he would still feel some sequelae after the "Creeping Death" illness showed up. But Lucas was the type of person that doesn't want to show any weakness to other people.

That's why he pretends to be okay although he is not fully recovered yet.

But now it's different, I feel more fresh like the pain never happen at all.

Did something change in this body?

Is it because I now possess this body? or is there another reason?

My thoughts were interrupted when James opened up the curtains in my room, and that's when I noticed the two bright moons in the sky.

"By the way, Young Master your father is waiting for you in the dining hall." James suddenly said while I'm staring at the two bright moons. Mesmerized by its beauty.

Even if I have the original memory of Lucas I am still surprised to see the actual thing.

For him, everything here is normal and nothing is out of place, but for me, it's not.  

That's why till now, I'm still not able to perfectly adjust to this world, but one thing is for sure. The moon on this planet is dangerously close to my liking. It is too big.

Yes, they might be fascinating to look at, but I'm worried about a planetary collision. But it seems like it is pretty normal for everyone.

I tried to remember if I have any related knowledge about these two moons but everything that I remember has no use at all.

One thing is for sure though, one of these moons might be capable of nurturing life.

The surface of one of these moons is covered with greenish-brown and blue colors. It is very similar to how our planet looks like.

While the smaller moon is covered in a purple-green haze which seems kinda dangerous to me.

"What an amazing sight." I unconsciously uttered while looking at the night sky.

Everything is just so detailed.

A skyline that I have never seen before appeared before me. And to be honest, I never knew that there were actually so many stars in the sky.

"Fascinating isn't, especially if the sky was clear," James said while pulling the curtains.

"People must love gazing at them every night."

"Yes we do, especially for kids, but as you grow older it just becomes a normal sight until eventually, everyone will just ignore it." He answered as he arranged the flower vase on the table.

"But doesn't anyone have any question if there might be life or other people living on those moons besides us?" Which earn me some serious gaze from him.

"A lot of stories and legends told us that there were elves on the Faramis (the bigger moon). It tells us the legend of the home planet of the elves, and how they decided to venture out from their cradle. But most of the human story consisting of elves has a tragic ending and no one has ever seen an actual elf on this land for thousand years." James said seriously while gazing at it.

"And yet, stories about them still exist. It means that they are real like the dwarves and dragons, besides, those legends wouldn't exist without any basis. Maybe something had happened back then. I mean who knows how long our history is? Only time can tell." I said as I stands up from my bed.

"It would be wonderful to talk and listen to you, young master, but your father is still waiting for your presence in the dining hall" James cut me off as he proceeded to guide me outside.

And as I walked outside of my room what awaits me is a dark and spacious hallway with only a little light coming up from a few candles hanging on the wall. This scene strongly reminds me of a horror house from an old movie.

While I was on my way to the dining hall I saw the different statues, paintings, and art that were passed down to us by our ancestors, a strong proof of the rich history of this house.

The walls are carved with rich and vibrant designs of plants and animals and every corner of the house is decorated with a suit of armor adorned with their weapon.

The house of Beaufort has a short history but it has a glorious past. My ancestors are one of the four founding members of this kingdom.

Because of this, our house was originally granted with the duke's position but all of that is now in the past. We even consider ourselves lucky to keep our rank of viscount.

I don't have a lot of information about my ancestors, since most of the recorded books we have were burnt down by my great-grandfather, for unknown reasons. The founder of our family is a respected and dignified man, but the following generation has greatly disappointed him as they only bring shame to our name.

They are also the reason why the Beaufort family was kicked out of the capital, as they brought us nothing but trouble and enemies. Thankfully, during those times, our family was still powerful and the king pardoned us, but we can no longer live in the capital.

That's why Florentine City existed. It was built far from the capital and far from our enemies. A city that was hard to invade but easy to defend.

My Ancestors built a city located at the corner of the kingdom and far from other foreign territories. A city built by our own hands on the edges of the enchanted forest.

We are not clear about the things that happened in the past. Other people said that some family members had betrayed the kingdom, which was the reason why we were kicked out of the capital. But this is just one of the many gossips about us.

By the way, the mansion that was built at that time is still the same mansion we live in and no changes have been made since then. It has a U design from above and has 3 floors above with 2 floors of basement area. Even so, this is huge. It even has a grand staircase and a banquet hall.

In order for me to reach the dining hall, I need to go down the grand staircase. And as I got closer to that place a bright light can be seen shining upon the darkness around me. And when I finally see the source of it my jaw almost fall out. I just saw the biggest crystal chandelier in my life, as it brilliantly illuminates every corner of this place.

A huge contrast to our dark hallway which is dimly lit. I think that this is the brightest place in our house. Even from the outside, people would easily notice this place, since it has a lot of glass windows.

This crystal chandelier is one of the products of this world. It is made from light crystal which is known for being a naturally illuminating crystal that surpasses even our modern light bulb. It is also considered as an expensive commodity, that only the rich and nobles can buy.

My gaze lingers on it for several seconds before I continued walking until I passed by it.

While I was on my way to the dining hall, I noticed that I only saw a few maids and servants along my way, which is disproportionate to the size of this house.

Finally, after several more steps, I reached the dining room.

Inside is an elongated table and a few cabinets, and alongside was a row of wooden chairs.

And one of those chairs was occupied by my father. The room also has a smaller version of the light crystal chandelier and huge paintings, and portraits of the first founder.

"Are you feeling better now?" Father asked with a stern expression on his face.

"Yes, I do." Which I answered with a smile.

The stern expression on my father's face is immediately broken by this smile and replaced by an astonished look. This is obviously not what he expected to receive from me. The original Lucas always wanted to show his strong side to his father. That's why he doesn't show a lot of emotion or expression to other people, much less to his own father.

The original Lucas is like a kid who is drowning in sorrow. Even if he wants to ask for help from other people, he doesn't know who should he ask, and as a result, he learned to stand up for himself. And pretends to be a strong independent man to avoid showing his weakness to others.

The only thing he hopes for in his entire life is to receive his father's approval and to make him proud. That's why he does everything perfectly. But now, he is gone from this world.

As I think of this, I felt a pang of pain in my chest like something inside me is burning. I know for a fact that there is still something inside me that belongs to the original Lucas and that is his strong will.

That's why a promise has been formed in my heart and mind.

That I will fulfill everything he wished for in exchange for complete surrender and control of this body. And as that promise was formed, I immediately felt the burning desire in my mind starts to calm down and all those distracting forces inside me died down.

52