Chapter 46: Evan
273 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 46: Evan

As the golden drop of liquid falls down on Evans's lips it only takes him a moment before a massive wave of mana elements was released from his body.

The mana elements have immediately condensed on his body like a bluish haze as it started to heal all his injuries.

At the same time that it happens, the other people who are also injured inside the room have also benefited from it.

As the rich mana elements in the surroundings were immediately attracted to the black spot on their body.

The changes in their body can also be seen on the naked eye as the expanding black mark that corrupts their body has suddenly stopped.

In the meantime, Evan's body has undergone the biggest changes among them as all the wounds and scars on his body have healed at a rapid rate that can be seen by the naked eye.

His previous thin and dried body was immediately filled with life as his muscles have regain their previous strength.

It also causes him to wake up in pain as severe cracks could be heard popping on his body as his bones try to rearrange their selves to the proper position.

Not only the Potion of God's tears have healed all his wounds it also fix and corrected the broken bones on his body.

Although it happens very quickly everyone can't help but wince as his shouts that are full of pain can be heard reverberating inside the room.

Everyone can guess that even a legendary potion such as the God's tears couldn't make all the healing as painless as possible since it all happen unnaturally.

The entire process lasted for several minutes before his screams of anguish started to die down.

His body has also folded several times at different and weird angles during the process as some of his bones try to fix themselves.

As his scream has stopped Callisto immediately asks his good friends Evans about his situation.

"Evans!" said by Callisto in alarm as he saw his friend regain his consciousness.

"How are you feeling now?" Callisto asks worriedly.

"I feel like shit." Mumbled by Evans as his bandages are now soaked in sweat and blood.

"Sir Callisto! you are here, so we made it." Evan suddenly said in surprise.

"Yes, you all made it and it's all thanks to you." Callisto answered gratefully.

"That's good to hear but what happen to me? Why do I feel such an intense pain in my body?" Evan shakily asks as he Looks at Callisto in despair.

"You are such a lucky person. It's not a common thing for anyone to use such a precious potion in their lifetime, so tell me how do you feel after being cured by the legendary potion God's Tears?" Ethan said suddenly as he excitedly look at Evans as if looking at a piece of art.

"W-What What God's Tears a-and w-who are you?" said by the confused Evan.

"I'm Ethan, the potion master of the Beaufort family and the one who helps you patch up your tattered body." Ethan said quickly as he introduced himself.

"Your Master, Callisto, has used a precious potion just in order to heal you, as you are already at the brink of your death. It is the legendary potion known as God's tears." seriously said by Ethan as he enthusiastically removes the bandages that cover the entire body of Evan.

"W-Wait what are you doing hey s-stop i-it." Evan said as he tries to get away from Ethan but ultimately failed.

Although God's tears is known as the legendary potion that can bring someone back to life who is on the brink of their death it also has it's own drawbacks as well.

"It seems like what my master told me before is also true." Happily said by Ethan as he continues to unwrap the bandage from Evan's body.

"What do you mean?" Ask by the puzzled Hugo as he stares at Ethan.

"My Master told me before that although God's tears is a legendary potion it is also not as magical as everyone thinks about. It can only heal wounds but it doesn't have the capability to restore your powers at all." Ethan said as he finished unwrapping the head of Evan.

It shows the image of a young man with a black hair who looks like in his 20s with beautiful brown eyes and a skin as white as a baby.

Evan also has long eyelashes and a straight sharp nose and red lips it can be said that Lucas had never seen anyone that could closely resemble someone from modern earth as Evan already has the modern look on his face as well as a haircut that reminds him of a familiar sight. The only missing thing is the familiar modern clothes and Evan could now be a star on a television.

In the world of Telostra black hair is not the common color for the general population of the people as most of them have brown, blonde, white, and red hair color.

And although Evan and Callisto have the same hair color they aren't blood-related at all. It's just that Kingstown territory is one of the few places in the Vreachland continent that has a huge population of people with black hair.

It all started a long time ago because of the Stratnan family being a part of the nobility and a lord of a territory despite having an unusual black hair color.

People with the same hair color as them have flocked to their territory for the belief that they would have more opportunities over this place for having the same characteristics as their lord.

At that time slavery is still not very common in this land as it was looked down upon by other people. That's why at that time it was much easier for commoners to transfer from one place to another unlike now.

And from that day Black hair has become associated with the Stratnan family in the Turox kingdom as they rule a territory known for its people full of black-haired individuals.

"Tsk, Tsk I never know that you actually have quite a decent look after all, I only see your face full of wounds and scars." Ethan said seriously as he complimented Evan.

"What-What are you talking about? my face is already covered in scars and you call that decent?" Evan said with ridicule.

"Well, that might be the instance before but not anymore." Ethan said as he handed him a small handheld mirror.

"What am I gonna do with this?" confusedly ask by Evan as he looks at Ethan's face.

"What else, of course, you use it to look at your appearance." Ethan said with a rude remark.

"What is there to look at I always look the sam-." Evan's voice was cut off as he saw his new reflection in the mirror.

"No way!" Evan said in disbelief.

"How could this be?" he ask while he place one of his hands on his face to feel it before he raised his head to look at the other people in the room.

"Master Callisto is this true? Is this really me?" Evan said in amazement as he looked at Callisto with suspicion.

"Yes, that's really you." Callisto said in a weird voice while giving him a strange look.

"I never knew that I was this handsome." confidently said by Ethan as loud laughter erupted within the room.

"Well, it seems like you're back my old friend," Callisto said with a smile.

"Sir Callisto I almost forgot but we have a huge problem." Said suddenly by Evan as he stares at Callisto.

"What is it? Is this about what happened to all of you?" Callisto asked in a grave voice.

"Yes, they all found out about our escape and they even ransacked the Stratnan mansion after we leave," Evan said in anger.

"They really did that, ha? even though I already expected it but I still can't believe that it would happen." Said by Callisto in disbelief.

"And after doing all of that, they aren't still satisfied with that amount of wealth they got from the mansion. They even decided to ambush us in the forest just to get all of our belongings and aside from that they want us all dead." Evan said solemnly as he recalled what happened in the past.

"They Dare!" Callisto said in anger as he gritted his teeth and clenched his hands.

"We are fairly lucky as we managed to leave that place early, it seems like they're been planning to do it, while you were gone sir Callisto." sadly said by Evan as he stares at him.

"We now formally lost the entire Kingstown territory, sir Callisto." Evan said with regret.

"Despicable." Said by Callisto in disgust while everyone calmly listens to Evan's narration.

"After that, we immediately rush over this place based on your commands sir Callisto, but we were stopped by the sudden appearance of the thick fog. This unusual phenomenon has made us hesitant to enter the forest but this is the only way we know and even I can't see far ahead with my enhanced sight inside of it. I know that it was too dangerous for us to proceed but we have no choice but to risk it all, as we know that someone is trailing behind us." Explain by Evan as he tilts his head to stare at the ceiling.

"So from Evan's story we can confirm that the fog did expand its ground as far as our border." Lucas said suddenly as everyone shows a shocked expression.

"It spread that far?" Sandra said with surprise.

"But what I didn't expect is that after going inside of that fog for a short time. All of us suddenly show some signs of sickness and it gets worse the longer we stay inside of it, so we have no choice but to retreat." Evan narrates as he reported the situation to Callisto.

"So even from that distance the fog still managed to inflict negative effect on anyone. I thought it would only happen if we are nearby the wall of thorns." Lucas grimly said in a whisper as he thought that the illness was caused by the wall of thorns.

"What do you mean by this master Lucas?" Sandra asks suddenly as she heard him murmur.

"I thought at first that the fog was also caused by the wall of thorns but it seems like they aren't related at all so there must be another reason that causes this weird fog." Lucas explains to her quickly.

"I don't know if what I'm thinking is correct since we still don't have enough information about it, we can just talk to it later for now let's listen to his story first." Lucas calmly said as they both turn their attention toward Evan.

"After trying several times we finally discovered that our sickness will eventually get better after some time but once we exposed ourselves to the fog it would show up once again. We can't risk getting inside of it for we know that it would take us a day to cross this fog at the same time we are wary of this sudden phenomenon as there were no sounds that can be heard around us as if the place was devoid of life." Evan said before stopping for a while.

"So we decided to wait for it to dissipate but it never happen, and we don't have much time left as we know that they are still following us. I don't have any other choice but to allow them to go ahead on our journey to cross the forest as fast as they can as I tried to stop or slows down our enemy." Evan said sadly.

"Although I'm worried for them but I know that they would be safer inside that fog than staying with me. At the same time, the fog could also deter those people as it would make our enemy wary of it. After some hours of waiting they eventually appear, the 3 knights of the Burnham family they all gang up on me and I have no other choice but to use that forbidden technique you thought me sir Callisto." Evan said with difficulty while trying to recall his memory.

"But even though I already used a forbidden art it still wasn't enough for me to defeat them as we end up with a draw. Although I didn't kill them, I do manage to inflict serious injury to their body and I made sure that it would take them years to recuperate from that damage." Evan said with a cruel laugh.

"They all withdraw from our fight after that skirmish and upon confirming their withdrawal I immediately followed our team before I passed out and now that I used that forbidden art I can no longer use any of my power I guess I can't serve you anymore sir Callisto." Evan said sadly as he looked down on his body.

"We would find a way to restore your power Evan, what's important is none of you have died back there, and thank you for protecting all of them even in the exchange for your own life." Callisto solemnly said.

10