Chapter 54: A Day full of Problems.
219 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 54: A day Full of Problems.

It took us a while before we managed to get back in the city. And I'm a little surprised that we actually spend 3 hours inside of that cave, but until now we are still not sure on what's the people of the church doing inside of it.

And even though there are still a lot of undiscovered room inside of that cave, my father have strictly forbid us all from exploring it further, for fear that the unknown creature that killed those people from the church is still somewhere inside that place.

"Master Lucas, you're back." happily said by William as he run towards me.

"What did you find in that place? did you defeated any monsters or perhaps did you find a treasure?" He enthusiastically ask.

Although I'm still not used to the presence of this kid, I also can't deny that it's feels good to have someone to talk to from time to time.

"Well, we found some dead people from the church but father have strictly warn us to not speak about it to anyone. So William don't tell anything about what you heard earlier to other people, except for your uncle understand?" I strictly said to him as I make my way towards my room.

"Of course, master Lucas you can guarantee that my mouth would remain shut about the things I heard earlier." William responded as he gave me a knight salute before giggling.

"Then that's good to hear, but do you still have any other questions about your training?" I ask as I tried to change the topic since I can't tell him about the big secret inside that cave.

"I do have a lot of questions." William said excitedly as he quickly went in front of my table.

"Master Lucas, Do I really have to do all those exercises everyday? that seems to be unnecessary." William said in complain to the work out activities that I commanded him to do daily.

"It is necessary, it might look foolish at first but as you continue doing it every day, it would help you strengthen your body in proper proportion." I said as I explain to him the importance of the modern work out routine that I have given to him.

It might sounds cruel to let a child as young as 9 years old to do the modern work out activity like running around the city every morning and weightlifting. But I would like to remind all of you that this young boy can easily lift a shield that weights around 30kg by just using his one hand without breaking a sweat.

"A stronger body would also help you to easily find the source of energy in your body to activate your own aura as it would improve your focus." I added as I try to convince him to continue the workout.

But be honest I don't really know if this work out routine that I forced into him would help him activate his aura earlier than normal.

As I said before, people on this continent, most of them transcend at around the age of 17-18 with the help of their cultivation technique and the resources that their family have given to them.

Cases like me who transcended at the age of 11 is very rare and can be considered as phenomenal at this point, but somehow, I know that my modern routine have something to do with my early success of transcending into an official knight.

I just hope that this method would also work on him. At the same time, I also taught William several ways to control the flow of energy on his body during his practice of cultivation to see if he could replicate my success.

And if this thing really works, then I can build our own school of knights, that will teach all the children of Florentine city to cultivate at a young age to become an official knight.

The only problem that stopping me from doing it is the limited resources that could help me train their body and the cultivation technique that they can used, since most of the cultivation technique we have is incomplete manual and off limits to outsiders.

Every knight in this land used a cultivation technique, but each one is different, and considered as a unique treasure.

Some cultivation technique are incomplete while other's are complete.

An incomplete manual might result to that person being stuck on his rank forever since it would be hard to continue cultivation without a proper guide from a manual, and it was also not easy to change the cultivation technique midway.

"Okay fine." William said in defeat.

"But master Lucas, why should I always eat those plants on my meals? I never like their taste since I was young, and how could it possibly help me in cultivation? I could get all the energy I need from the meat of magic beast." William said in sulking.

"Well, it's true that you can get a lot of energy from the meat of magic beast but it is also important for someone as young as you, to have a balance diet. Even though the meat of magic beast could give you a lot of energy, it doesn't mean that it has all the nutrients that your body need for proper development." I said to him as I explain the importance of balance diet.

"It might also affect your cultivation, because without a strong and healthy body it would be difficult for you to feel the flow of energy inside your body, especially your family cultivation focus on defense." calmly said by me as I lecture him about the importance of it.

"So, all those things is perfectly suited for you as it would directly train your body to it's peak, making it much easier for you to breakthrough." I said to him as he looked at me hopelessly.

William, grew up in the Kingstown city, and as someone who was born with golden spoon on his mouth. He was use to eating meat on most of his meals.

His family can afford it. Due to their wealth, unlike the Beaufort house who needs to save money that we even resort to budgeting our daily meals.

It also didn't help, that eating vegetables plants is discriminated by most of the nobility as they deemed it as a food for commoners. It sounds stupid but that's the reality of this world.

"But master Lucas, those exercises you taught me always makes my body feel sore every day." He said in a protests.

"I know, and it's part of the process if you really want to become a successful knight, you must remember, if you already feel tired by doing all those exercises every morning, then how can you even handle the obligation of being a knight." I sternly said to him as he keeps on complaining.

Although William wanted to become a knight he lacks the effort and resolved to become one. I guess, even the Stratnan family has become infected with the corruption of the nobility circle albeit not as severe as the others.

For William's case, I could say that he grew up being pampered by his family, and a little bit spoiled, just a little bit.

I can't deny the fact that being man has a huge advantage for being born in this era, as it is still the preference of most of the nobility. As man are looked  as the only one who can continue the bloodline.

And for the Stratnan family that have shrunk their number for the past few years, a child like William, from the direct family line is an important person that will continue their lineage and legacy that's why he got most of the thing that he wants.

"I can do it, I definitely can." He said firmly before running outside of my room to continue his daily routine.

"~Sigh~... that kid." I whispered in a tired voice as I lean back to my chair.

So many things have happened this past few weeks that even I felt tired by just thinking about it.

Although I didn't do that much, since most of the responsibility have fallen on to my father's shoulders.

It also didn't help that we have discovered something big inside that cave.

Who would have thought, that the ancient people of this world, would actually have the capability to build that thing.

The only question is, what happen to that civilization who built that place?

A civilization that manage to trapped all those dangerous creatures inside of those tanks and yet even they didn't make it and their civilization have fallen.

Just a single broken glass tank and it already managed to slay all the powerful people from the church of Agatha.

Even if we include all the available forces of Florentine city.

It won't be easy for us to do that, especially that they are holding a special relic, capable of suppressing anyone.

Even though the church's influence have fallen. It doesn't mean that their people are weak.

It's actually the opposite.

The church of Agatha always have dangerous mission that their knights and priest participates in, this help them train their people to become more powerful than other.

One of the reasons why the church have remain in existence till to this day is the strong power behind them. As they still have few people who is already on the supreme rank.

Although it's not enough to contend with the three empire, it's sure is enough to damaged them, if a war happens between them.

The church of Agatha have remain in power for so many years, that we don't even know how many treasure have they accumulated over the years that they can use in a war.

But a lot of important questions have still remain unanswered till to this moment.

First is, What are they doing inside that cave? Even if they have just found that place, they should have bring a more powerful person with them, like a Supreme knight and yet the most powerful person we could find is an Intermediate rank.

The things inside of that cave is already considered as a priceless treasure, enough to caused another massive war within the three biggest power on this land, and yet we only found a few people inside of it.

I'm sure that if the higher-ups of the church of Agatha knows about this place, they should have bring more people with them, especially that man, who can threatened my father to surrender without a fight.

Second, Why do they bring that shield with them? A shield that they have put a lot of effort, to hide from the three empire, and yet, it easily falls into our hands.

Is this some kind of plot against us, or just plain luck.

The Shield of Obedience is a relic that can defend from any attacks, at the same time, it's also capable of commanding people against their will.

This shield is just to OP to be carried by a mere Intermediate knight.

It should be guarded by one of their strongest people but we haven't even seen any of them.

And aside from that, How the heck did that shield even do that? I can't think of anyway, on how did that thing managed to directly exert it's power to us, even though our body is covered with aura, it still managed to bypass it without even breaking it.

My body have directly followed my father's command, without me knowing it.

I just found out about it, when I'm already kneeling on the floor, and the pressure it brought to my body is monstrous, that I felt like that I won't be able to decline any order from him.

And the most important question of all, is about the unknown creature that killed them.

What's their reason for freeing that thing inside of its tank? Do they just have a blind trust, to the capability of the shield, or they just really thought that it was already dead, since it's been trapped inside of it's tank for a long time, maybe thousands of year or even longer.

At the same time, we still have an ongoing problem about the sickening fog, and the parasites that lives inside of it.

We don't even know how did that thing would affect us once it managed to fully corrupt an entire living being.

There's also a problem with Gaspar, as he is still missing till to this day. The only good thing is that his life mark is still in a good condition without any signs of danger.

*knock* *knock*

My thoughts were once again interrupted by a knock on my door.

"Come in." I calmly said as Michael opens my door.

"Master Lucas, your father have called us all for a meeting." Michael said as he gets in front of my table.

"Yeah another meeting, lately the number of meetings we have is increasing. The longer we spent trapped in this city surrounded by this mysterious fog, the more problems are appearing." I said in an exhausted tone, as I still haven't recovered my full power from exploring that cave earlier this morning.

"But what we have found inside of that cave is something confidential, and necessary for the future survival of our city. Lord Hubert have just informed me that some changes would be made in regards to our security." seriously said by Michael as he stares at me.

"What, why so sudden? Did something happen?" I ask in bewildered tone.

"I don't know, but our soldiers have discovered something inside the fog when we are inside of that cave, and they're just waiting for lord Hubert to return to report about it." He said as I stand up from my chair and followed him towards the meeting room.

9