Chapter 60: Winde Answers
24.6k 16 172
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Principal Winde continues to look at us without saying anything and with each passing second, the buzzing noise inside the auditorium increases in volume.  

People are whispering to each other about what Aria just asked and it seems like most of them have similar questions in their mind.  

“Though I don’t like that Aria much, I have to agree that she’s got a point...” Ryan says seriously.  

“True... even though I would like nothing more than to use magic, I don’t want to end up dying because of it...” Leo also agrees while wiping his tears.  

Wait, you were crying all along!?  

For another whole minute, Principal Winde does not speak. Seeing him like this, a few mischievous students start to hoot and repeat what Aria said in a rather audible volume, clearly wanting to make him nervous.  

“Everyone, quiet down...”  

Suddenly, principal Winde says in a surprisingly calm yet strong voice.  

You can tell that there is some sort of magic in his voice because its effect is immediate. The buzzing dies instantly and along with the hooting. 

“Please do not be mistaken to think that I cannot answer Miss Aria's question. I simply chose not to answer it as I wanted to know how many of you share her thoughts. And well, I got my answer: Many,” he says with a smile.  

“Now, allow me to clear away all your doubts. First of all, as Miss Aria asked, why do we want you to participate in the main tournament knowing that the chances of a human actually winning it is almost negligible?  

“The answer to this is simple, but let me ask you all a few questions myself before I give it to you... 

“Why do you all think we want you to learn magic? Just for the sake of it? Our government is spending so much money on the extraction of Core Stones and their research? Is it because we want you to play with them and have fun using magic!?” Principal Winde asks coldly.  

He stops speaking for a few seconds, letting his words sink in our minds.  

“No, not at all... We want you all to learn magic to strengthen yourself. And to strengthen our country. We want you all to become our future assets. And don’t misinterpret, I am not telling you all to learn magic for the purpose of joining the military or something. There are many uses of magic in various other fields of work. In fact, it can play an important role in your daily even in your daily life as well.  

“Believe me, this tournament is not just about winning or losing, especially to us humans. It is about reaching a goal. A goal to become the best magician among your peers by being selected as a participant.  

“And as you all know; this is the first time when a magical tournament like this is being conducted, where people from the four biggest system dependent countries are going to participate. Just from being selected as a participant, your name will go down in history.  

“I can tell you all about a few more merits of being entering this tournament, but let me address another big issue raised by Miss Aria. She mentioned the risks of participants ending up being seriously injured or even dead, if they use magic against more experienced people during the competition.  

“Well, let me assure you all, your safety is the most prioritized and important thing to us. Miss Naomi has personally taken care of all the magical safety measures. But just for extra safety, we will also be placing a team of highly skilled magicians on site who will be on standby during the tournament takes place, taking care of any mishaps.  

“Now, if anyone has any more concerns about the safety of this tournament, speak now,” Principal Winde asks while looking at all of us.  

No one says anything.  

Well, the merits of entering the tournament are still shit, according to me, at least. I mean, does it even matter if my name will go down in history as the participant who lost in his every match? 

But well, the main concerning thing for everyone else was the safety-related issues. And if Naomi, the great white fox, herself is going to take care of it, I don’t think there is no need for anyone to worry... 

Principal Winde waits for a few more seconds for us to place any more objections before continuing to speak again...  

“Now, in these safe conditions, you will get a chance to test the magical skills you will acquire in the next 30 days. That too, against the ones who are going to teach you. Just take a second and think about how much growth you can have through this,” He says in a rather excited tone. 

Yeah, wow. Sounds so exciting... Meh... 

“But... we also know that this much is not enough to give everyone incentive to work hard for the tournament... So, this calls for yet another announcement.  

“Apart from the prize money awarded to the winners of both team and individual tournaments, all the selected participants will also be rewarded with 5,000 Yeux, along with a certificate to authenticate your participation,” Principal Winde announces.  

What the fuck!!?? Five freaking thousand Yeux!!?? Is he serious!!?? You should have said this from the start!!! 

I collected that much by saving for fucking years!! And I can earn that much again by just being selected in this tournament!?  

Fuck yeah!!! 

“Okay guys, It’s final. I am entering this tournament no matter what...” Ryan says while shrugging.  

“I will enter as well!” Leo says.  

“But if anyone is getting selected, it is me! With those 5,000 Yeux, I will buy so many gifts for my girl—” 

Leo's voice again gets drowned in the excited chatter of students sitting around us.  

Well, only an idiot wouldn’t want to win 5,000 Yeux. And because 20 people are going to be selected from humans, everyone’s hopes are also high. 

“So, anyone else wants to ask any questions? Miss Aria?" Principal Winde asks.  

No one says anything. And even though looking a little bit uncertain, Aria also sits down.  

“Good. Now, as I was saying earlier, you will be selected for this tournament according to the scores you will get by the end of one month. So, I hope you all will give your best at learning magic in this time period.  

“That's all what I have to say. Now then, I request you to go to your classes and wait a little. The new students will join you all as soon as their allotment is done...” Principal Winde says before turning off the microphone.  

 

 

 


 

 

 

“I say, we share the money if one of us gets selected...” Leo says while nodding to himself.  

“Why!? You keep going on about sharing the money but it makes no sense! Why should we do it!?” Ryan asks exasperatedly.  

“But this way, we all get some money, right?” Leo says as if explaining an intelligent plan.  

“Haaa~ you really are the greatest idiot I have ever met...” Ryan says with a sigh.  

Right now, we are sitting in our classroom and waiting for our teacher and the new students to come. Like Ryan and Leo, everyone else is also continuing their conversation about the tournament excitedly. 

*Sigh* 

I lost a lot of my money on the brothel that day. It will be nice if I somehow get selected...  

“Come on, I need that money more than both of you...” Leo finally says desperately.  

“Yeah, and why the fuck is that!?” Ryan asks angrily.  

“Haa~ Because I have a girl—” 

Suddenly, the door opens up... and an ethereal beauty enters our classroom.  

“Princess... Leena...” Ryan mutters in awe.  

What the... 

Is this for real!? The Dark Elf princess is allotted in our class!?  

Though she is not the only one, 9 more people enter the room after her as well. A male Dark elf, 2 white elves (male and female), 2 vampires (females), and 4 Beastkins (2 males and 2 females).  

Hmm... I know the clans of the bestkins. The first male looks like he is from— 

Suddenly, pink light bursts in front of my eyes. 

[Buddy...] 

You are back? Good timing. See! The Dark Elf princess is going to study— 

[Sorry... I failed to buy time...] 

Wait, what? 

The next moment, the pink light starts to slowly change into a pure black miasma, like something is corrupting it. And within a couple of seconds, not even a trace for the pink light remains...  

{A little change of plans, master. I will be helping you learn magic now...} 

 

See Naomi's Character photo on my Discord.

Get access to 11 extra chapters (Including S.S) on my Patreon:

https://www.patreon.com/Roeselawik

Read advance chapters on my WEBSITE by entering the password from Patreon:

https://roeseikwebnovels.law.blog/

Thanks to all my patrons!

You can see the CHARACTER PHOTOS on my Discord:

https://discord.gg/YcWMgZ3

172