Chapter 130 – Anon!
17 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Animatedly, I leaped around as I sucked in all the ant corpses into the finite ring along with the solitary spider corpse.

Then, looking at the sun that hung high, I decided to move on to my next objective which had suddenly become a lot more urgent.

The flowers of thorns.

Tracing my way to the clearing where the flower of thorns carpeted the ground, gleaming malevolent in the bright yellow sunlight; I stood for a moment before I got to work.

My work?

Making sure that not a single flower was left in the place.

It might take a lot of time, but I had time now that I was an iron rank.

Grinning again at the thought, I harvested each flower carefully. Stopping only to flop on the cleared ground as I gazed at the sky and thought of nothing.

It was strangely peaceful in the clearing, and I wasn’t exactly complaining about it as I basked in the sun’s rays.

Raising up my hands, I chanted out a name along with my hopes as my thoughts moved like butterflies.

“Father… He’s definitely safe.”

“Mother…. She’s with father, and she’ll not only be safe but will probably be ruling over wherever she is.”

“Frizelda… I miss her. She should also be with mother and father. I hope she’s happy, and she reunites with Ares soon.”

“Bridgette… I wonder why I never saw her before. I really hope she got her wounds treated and is safe with everybody else.”

Then, turning my thoughts to the present, I thought of the Hoard and everybody in Yamal. Our new home.

“Temporary home,” I corrected myself. “Home is Draconis, and it will always be Draconis.”

Thinking of Sia, I smiled as I idly plucked the petals of a flower and then I hissed as the stubs of the thorns pricked my hand.

Coming back to my surroundings, I winced as I saw the flower of thorns with half of its petals gone.

Sure, there were a lot of them, but each one was precious!

Hastily picking up the fallen petals, I submerged myself back into my work.

But as I worked, my thoughts wandered as I thought about the rest of the people at the Hoard.

My brother who frowned worriedly when he was alone and thinking while keeping up a constant smile when in company.

Sir Leonidas, the devil teacher, who would often stare out blankly into the distance for hours unless interrupted.

Sir Patrick, whose shoulder twitched as he moved with his scar riddled body.

The men of the castle guard, now whittled down to the paltry few that were left. Thinking of the battles we had fought together, I felt my chest tighten up. Remembering the first fight, when the enemy charged at us, and our javelins flew as the grizzled Veteran commanded the ranks. To the last battle, where proud soldiers stood tall and sallied forth into the jaws of death.

I thought of Sir Dustin, Celine, and the rest, such as Madam Amee.

Thinking of Madam Amee and remembering her anguished expression, I stopped working as my stomach rumbled.

Taking out supplies and eating… I wondered how Ares, Damon, and Celine were doing in the page academy.

I hadn’t had contact with them ever since they left for the academy around two months back.

Excitedly thinking of the future, I shoveled the food in, and continued my task of uprooting all the flowers in the vicinity.

Thinking of more and more memories, I felt warm inside.

Thomas, Master Wagner, Edwin, even Harold that balakash.

I thought of them all fondly.

Then I thought of the one person that I had tried not to think of.

Sir James.

Thinking back to his last stand, and his words as he pushed Sir Leonidas through while barricading the wall again, I felt my nose itch.

Looking up at the setting sun, I could almost see him watching over me, and strangely; I felt that he was indeed somewhere in the world, able to see whatever I did.

Blinking away tears, I let fall my hand shovel, and I summoned my sword.

Raising it vertically in the Knight’s salute, I faced the setting sun and murmured, “In the darkest day, in the darkest night. You illuminated the darkness and blazed bright. As your disciple, I will always strive to be on the side of righteousness. In times of honor, and in times of dishonor… I will always fight for what is right.”

Standing, I stood with the living embers of undying will shining in my eyes as the fading sun dipped below, to rise anew another day.

And I sang,

Oh, people far away…

I know you can hear me as I say…

These words that I’ve kept inside…

For far too long.

A body that was broken had held sway…

But the shackles that bound me have fallen away!

And I can voice the words that I want to say….

Stay strong! Stay strong! Stay strong!

Move on! Move on! Move on!

Loved ones shall meet anon.

So please keep yourself strong!”

Falling silent, I stood there for a long time before I turned and heeded the call of a new day instead of an old day.

I'm so sorry for the late upload.

The song needs reworking, so I'll probably change it around a bit later.

Apart from that,

Stay safe, stay happy, and enjoy the chapter!

Much love to you Horizonators,

Horizon out.

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/FQHKb63tyW

1