Chapter 150 – 50/50
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As some students logged, others debarked. As some students wove, some more students studied construction. As some students ate, others cooked.

As for me? I was in charge of tailoring and cooking.

Marrok was in charge of the loggers.

And Sia? Sia was in charge of all of us.

She showed up right when things were going wrong and left right when things were going right.

As a tree fell, almost crushing a poor student, Sia was there tackling the student away from the tree.

As tempers flared, Sia was there to calm people down and persuade them to go back to work.

As for when her calming presence didn’t work? Well, it was happening now.

“Who gave you the right to boss us around?” a youth with golden hair and looks that could shame even the prettiest of women asked haughtily.

Turning slowly, Sia regarded him and spoke. “What would constitute this… this ‘right to boss you around’, pray tell me.”

Snickering, the boy discreetly glanced at two groups who were working, who rolled up their sleeves and walked over.

“Might.” the boy said simply.

“Mmh. Might,” Sia said conversationally as she stepped forward.

Slightly feeling that things were not going the way he imagined, the boy said, “Do you know who I am?”

Cocking her head at him, Sia asked in a sweet honeyed voice, “Oh? Who would you be?”

Proudly preening, the boy spoke. “I am Apollo, the son of Lord Wo-urp,” the sentence remaining unsaid as he doubled over while Sia spoke over the fist that was buried in his stomach. “I don’t care who or what you are. Just. Work.” and with that Sia put more force into the punch and Apollo flew backwards like a shrimp.

Seeing this, the two groups paused bug eyed before with bellows they charged at her.

Seeing this, Marrok tensed as he readied himself to pounce forward, but I grabbed his arm and I shook my head.

Looking at me, he slowly relaxed before he pulled his arm away from my grip, and then he stood; crossing his arms as he stared at the melee that was starting.

Calmly, I looked on as Sia waited until they had almost surrounded her before she cut through the weakest link of the chain.

As the slowest boy joined the encircling group, he was greeted by the sight of Sia, high up in the air with her fist aimed at the boy’s face.

With a dull impact, the boy crumpled to the ground, and Sia landed and walked forward a few steps before she turned around and grinned at the remaining 5 students who stood there unsure.

Infusing her voice with warforce, Sia spoke evenly. “If I need to, I will put every single one of you down. But the more of you Balakashes that go down, the slower our work will become. So choose. Now.”

Exchanging glances, the biggest of them stepped forward and charged Sia, his steps shaking the earth.

Shaking her head, Sia charged forth, and as she dodged the first punch and came within grappling distance of the massive student; she brought her knee in an upward arc and we heard the inaudible sound of an egg breaking.

As the massive student howled, Sia pulled back her knee before brutally hammering it again into the same spot, a little off this time, though.

As the second inaudible sound of another egg cracking spread, all the male students clenched their legs together as the female students watched with wide eyes; noting down the angle and the force required.

Then Sia placed her palm on the massive student’s chest, and with an explosive sound which was clearly audible; the student flew backward into the rest of his group, who scattered as he fell to the ground in a twitching heap.

Still in the palm outstretched position, Sia stared at all of us in turn as she clenched her palm into a fist.

Slowly, she spoke. “If anyone else has problems, then do come. I’m also a believer in... what’s his name? Apollo? Apollo’s policy that might is right.”

Gulping, all the males quickly shook their heads while Marrok and I exchanged a look at each other.

Walking forward, we stood gingerly behind Sia as we menacingly stared at the rest of the students.

I say menacingly, but compared to Sia’s gentle gaze, we were as fear inducing as bawling babies.

Clapping her hands, Sia said, “Chop chop. Get back to work. Those bales aren’t going to weave themselves, and those trees aren’t going to chop themselves up!”

Silently, the students went back to work and then, they paused as Sia spoke out, “By the way, Faustus here is a doctor. So whoever is injured, do come see him.”

And then she winked at me as she strolled away with her hands behind her back.

Taking a look at the curled up Apollo, and at the massive student who was even now writhing in agony while clutching himself, I tsked as I thought that most of the people who’d be needing doctors would have been injured by that fierce shield maiden herself.

Apparently, the thought must have crossed Marrok’s head too as he looked strangely at me and then back at Sia.

Sighing, I approached the more critical of my patients and raised my sewing needle with the thread.

As the massive student lay in agony, his eyes almost popped out as he saw the sharp needlepoint and the thread dangling from it and snot along with tears began flowing out as he begged me to stay where I was.

Puzzled, I stopped and then, understanding, I winced in commiseration before comfortingly saying to the massive student, “There, there. It’s not going to be so bad. Just a quick prick of the needl-” and I trailed off as the massive student began howling for his mother, and everybody dear to him.

Flummoxed, I stood there until Marrok strode up and whacked the massive student into unconsciousness before looking at me and saying deadpan, “There. Problem solved. Now can you fix him?”

Examining him, I sucked in a breath as I said, “50/50. I give him 50/50.”

As Marrok’s brow twitched violently in response; he once again looked at where Sia was sewing peacefully, looking like a vision of gentleness, before he looked back at me and stiffly nodded.

Finishing the treatment for the massive student, I moved on to the groaning Apollo and began administering aid to him.

As I worked, he spoke through clenched teeth, “That girl.. Is she always that fierce?”

Nodding casually, I said, “Fiercer.”

Then, as I noted the spark of admiration that came into the boy’s eyes, I ruthlessly jabbed the needle in and channeled more warforce as I spoke nonchalantly, “But I’m fiercer.”

Looking down at him as I packed up the needles, I said pleasantly, “I hope you understand what I’m trying to say. Good Day to you, Student Apollo.”

And I left behind a white-faced Apollo who muttered underneath his breath, “Madmen. I’m stuck with madmen.”

Off in the distance, Sia glanced up from her sewing and, smiling, she pitched her voice and said, “I’m a girl.”

Shuddering, Apollo turned his head painstakingly toward her direction and in a lower voice said, “If you’re a..”

“I can still hear you,” Sia said sweetly as she pointed her needle toward Apollo and then she let it drift downwards until it was pointing to a certain….

Trembling violently, Apollo turned and mechanically walked away while rivers of sweat fell down from his head.

Still smiling sweetly, Sia began humming a tune as she began sewing again.

Meanwhile, I wiped away the invisible sweat that was threatening to fall from my own brows as I saw another side of Sia’s.

Pondering, I thought of my chances of getting slaughtered by her instead of my enemies in the future.

Pegging it at a round 50/50, I shook my head, and I joined her in sewing the uniforms.

Smiling brilliantly at me, Sia turned back to her sewing and as I gazed at her; I thought that even if the chances were 50/50, or even 100/100 of being slaughtered, I would still choose to risk the odds.

For I like her.

As simple as that.

That's 50 days of 3 chapters per day! WOOOHOOO!

150 chapters up, and we are going strong! A huge thank you to everybody who is reading and I hope you enjoy the Flight of The Draykes 100/100.

If you're here, do join the Discord. We have 1 slot left for special benefits!

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/FQHKb63tyW

Here's to reaching 81 days of non-stop 3 chapters a day soon!

Much love to you Horizonators,

Stay safe, stay happy, and enjooy the chapters!

Horizon out.

1