Chapter 168 – 4 Months (Part 1)
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Breaking the silence, it was surprisingly Damon who tilted his head at us, and said quietly, “Sorry.”

Tilting my head, I asked, “For what?”

Softly, he said, “For taking your friends away.”

Thoughtfully, I looked at him before looking at Sia and asking, “Do you know why the Academy set the rules the way they did?”

Tapping her finger on the table, Sia spoke after a moment. “Motivation. They want us to fight harder… to get our people back.”

Nodding, I sighed as I said, “If that was the only thing, then I would be glad. But it’s not… is it?” I ended as I looked at the trio, whose eyes filled with pain.

Sia furrowed her brows as she saw the pain, before realization hit her and she extended her hand and grasped Celine’s hand, squeezing it tightly.

Rasping out, Damon asked, “How did you know?”

“Because I know all of you. We’re comrades. And I would be the same if I lost one of you…”

Tears began falling from Damon’s eyes as he stared at me unblinking, while Celine lowered her face as Sia moved in to hug her.

Ares looked at me, steely eyed, as he said, “It won’t bring them back, would it?”

Shaking my head, I said softly, “But the Balakash who did it will pay. Who was it?”

Emotionlessly, Damon said, “Someone who we can’t beat. Even together.”

Frowning, I asked, “He can’t be more than Iron Rank 3 stars, or he would have graduated… wouldn’t he?”

“He would have… except he’s not Iron Rank 3 stars. He’s not even iron rank. He’s an awakened. But his power… is something that we’ve never seen before.”

“Power? What power?” I asked quickly.

Shaking their heads, they mutely stared at me until Celine said, “His power... is still evolving. We don’t know what it is, and by the time we do… we’re defeated and on the ground.”

Pulling up his shirt, Damon stood up and showed us a long wound that ran up his side.

Looking at it, I sucked in a breath.

The edges were clean, as though it had been sliced by the sharpest blade… and strangely, the wound wasn’t bleeding.

Awed, I stared at him as I blurted out, “You fought us with that wound?”

Spitting out the words, Damon said, “This? This is nothing for that balakash. If I hadn’t dodged, I would not be standing here right now.”

Standing up myself while slapping the table, I exclaimed, “Why doesn’t the Academy prevent him from fighting then?”

Looking up, Celine said mechanically, “Because in a real battle, you can lose your comrades at any time.”

Slumping back down onto the chair, I stared at them as they looked back at me with haunted expressions.

Whispering, I said, “I’m sorry.”

Clenching their teeth, they said nothing as Damon pulled his shirt back down and took his seat.

For a few minutes, there was only silence.

Then Apollo walked into the hall, and as we all turned to look at him, he coughed and said, “Sorry, I just forgot my gloves here.”

Picking up a pair of gloves that we hadn’t noticed from the table, he paused as he said, “Aren’t you all supposed to be friends? Then why do I feel like we’re back on that baling field again?”

Snorting, Sia looked at him as he shifted from side to side until he raised up his hands with the gloves still in them as he said, “Fine, fine. Not my business. I’m just the guy with the bow and the gloves. Now I’ll leave before I get an arrow in my behind,” he finished hastily as we stared at him wide-eyed.

As he backed away, not exposing his behind to us, I spoke up. “Thanks Apollo.”

Pausing, he looked at me as he asked, “What, really?”

“Really.” I said as I smiled. Turning to face the trio, I spoke. “You were right. We are friends.”

“Eh. Ah. That’s good. That’s good.” Apollo said before turning fiercely to Damon and saying, “You better take care of Celsus! You hear?”

Bemused, Damon nodded, as Apollo left us with the parting words, “He’s my friend. If there’s any injustice done to him, I’ll come find you. You hear?”

Looking at us, Damon jerked his head at the door and I said before he could ask, “Yes. He is always like that. And yes, he will come to find you with a bow and arrow if you don’t take care of Celsus. As will I.”

A ghost of a smile broke out on Damon’s face as he said, “I won’t. I promise.”

Looking at the others in turn, they also broke into small smiles, as they promised the same in turn.

Satisfied, I looked at them and pouring everyone a glass of juice that I had kept from the morning’s breakfast. I asked, “Now, tell us about your time in the academy.”

Looking at each other, they hesitantly said, “We don’t know if we can talk about it.”

Shrugging, I said, “Tell us till about your first 4 months. It can’t be that different from ours… Can it?”

Pausing for a moment, they nodded, and it was settled and we made ourselves comfortable to listen to their tale.

The reason why the trio has turned the way that they have has been revealed. And it's sad.

As for the awakened with the special powers? When do you think you're going to see him?

Also, guys! Please do rate and review the book if you've reached this far! It really helps me out a lot! :)

Much love to you Horizonators!

Stay safe, Stay Happy, and enjooy the chapters!

Horizon out.

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/FQHKb63tyW

NOTE: THE NEXT CHAPTER UPDATES AT 01:30 PM EST.

1