RF Expert Guide: Set~♥ It~♥ Up~♥
62 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fabianas_Shop.JPG

Can’t cha read? ’Ta name’s Fabiana , DUH! Of course, ya recognize me! Everyone does, DUH!

Anyway, I can’t believe “someone” didn’t already show ya how to play Royal Four-Ces! (more like Royal Snore-Ces if you ask me, cuz sometimes it puts me to sleep..)

Don’t cha worry~ I won’t bore you with the details! Well…at least not all at once~ Let’s take it one step at a time!

First, we can chit-chat about what you’ll need to play~

Game_Pieces.JPG

You’ll need:

  1. A 54-card deck of playing cards per player. Jokers included.
  2. One six-sided dice numbered 1-6.
  3. One ten-sided dice numbered 0-9.
    1. Or two sets of dice per player, if I make you too shy and you don’t feel like sharing~
  4. 10 markers for each player to keep track of the Stat Cards. What are the Stat Cards? We’ll save that for a later lesson! Anyway, the 10 markers can be whatever junk ya have layin’ around, like coins, or in this case, we’ll be using red and black game pawns!
  5. (This one is optional but recommended~) Smallholders/stands to prop up yer cards on the War Grid with! What’s the War Grid? You’ll see~

That’s not too much, is it~? Good! Cuz we ain’t dun yet~ Let’s talk about that War Grid!

War_Grid.JPG

This is yer War Grid~

You may construct it however ya want, on paper or an actual game board. It don’t matter, just as long it matches this overall layout~ Faith prefers constructing it with wood hexagon tiles, but I prefer squares. I mean, look at it, DUH, everything is in neat rows, so why not use squares? Anyway, you CAN see it, right? I shouldn’t have to explain that your tiles should be marked with poker Hearts , Spades , and roman numerals. Just check the pretty picture for assistance, DUH!

Moving on~ I promise we are almost done for the day~

complete_War_Grid.JPG

This is what a complete War Grid looks like~

See those poker cards off to the left-hand sides of the Burning Lands and Nightfall Swamp (Yuck! 🤮)? Those are ’ta Stat Cards I was talkin’ about! Those black lines and tan blocks on top of the Hearts and Spade symbol tiles represent the smallholders/stands for the cards. When they are propped up, your opponent should see the sleeves of the cards, not the faces, because they are supposed to be hidden. Well, I guess if ya make big ass tiles, you could put your cards face down on the War Grid, but I think using stands would make your life easier…

Okay, since a promise is a promise, I’ll wrap things up~ We’ll return to the subject of divvying up the Stat Cards and what cards go where on the symbol tiles later~

That’s all for now! This ain’t everything, DUH, but it should help visualize if you were reading a story or somethin’.

Buh-Bye~

----

Special Shoutout to Kokishi 🦖, Digitkame 👻, and KDMiddleford 💙 for donating rare memorabilia to Fabiana’s Game Shop~♥

----

2