CHAPTER 23- A… special test? Part 3.
87 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 23- A... special test? Part 3.

I have a protection point and, according to the information I got, the protection point is one of the hardest things to get. It can be purchased for 25,000 points, can be obtained in some special tests and, of course, by managing to expel someone.

And best of all, I can use it on others.

If Sylphie is at risk of expulsion, I'll give it to her.

Honestly, I doubt they'll expel me. I'm not an idiot to bet all my points, I'll cheat on the exams, so I don't care about that either.

But better safe than sorry. I will make sure Sylphie is not expelled, keeping the protection point. That would be best, so I'll be sure I'll be safe and so will she.

Mmm... I could also sell it for 20,000 positive points and use the positive points I have to upgrade to A class... No, I better not do that. That wouldn't be so much fun.

I want a normal school life and I will enjoy it without shortcuts.

... Wait… It is true… Normal... Boys my age are supposed to be interested in having girlfriends... Should I get a girlfriend?

I have a chance with Sylphie, but... Honestly, I'm not interested in having a relationship with her. If I get a girlfriend, at least I want her to have a strong personality and not betray me. Someone who doesn't hesitate to do something to win and move on.

Sylphie is shy and cowardly. I don't think I'm interested in someone like her.

... Ah... It's only my second week of school, then I'll figure out how to get a girlfriend.

It's not important that, so I can ignore it for now.

"Saik, are we going home or are you staying longer?"

"Mmm... I think I'll go... I was thinking of watching the soccer and basketball team, but I'd better do it tomorrow. I'm hungry, I haven't eaten."

"Let's eat cake!"

As I left school, I could feel several glances at myself.

"Hey, you. We want to talk to you."

I ignored the stares and continued on my way.

Eat cake again? It's a little repetitive... Mmm... I think I'll make pasta.

"Fufu. Looks like you've got some guts, boy."

A girl and a boy grabbed my arms.

"Oh... Were you talking to me?"

A girl stood in front of me.

I guess she's the leader.

She has that aura of a leader.

Wow... And she has strong arms... She has a figure of a beautiful girl, but her arms are strong... Thin, but strong. Her abdomen should be marked... Wow... Interesting.

Although her short red hair doesn't look so pretty to me.

Is this what society calls "Tomboy"? Is that what it's called? I did forget.

She is flat, but beautiful... She has her charm.

"You were the one who expelled that third-year student, right?"

"Yes. Why?"

"Fufu. I see."

She got too close to me.

"Why don't you join my group? I am willing to get the necessary points for you to join."

"What group?"

"I'm in group D, but soon we'll be group A."

"I see... Mmm... It's a tempting offer... But I don't want to. I don't like to take orders from other people."

"Are you sure? Think about it very carefully."

"Why should I think that? You're not offering me anything. You think I'm gonna join your group just because some beautiful girl asks me to? I'm not such an easy boy, honey."

"What do you want?"

"What do I want...?"

"Nothing sexual."

"I'm not interested in those issues, don't worry... Mmm... What do I want...? To be honest, I don't want anything special... No, nothing. I'm sorry, but I have a date with my food. Goodbye, señorita."

"You can let him go."

They let me go and I went on my way.

Well, I've met the leader of group D.

Will she be the president of her class? Well, I don’t care.

I must admit, she's cute and adorable... Oh, I forgot to offer her a candy.

Ah, no matter, I'll give her one later.

"Saik!"

Cristal started walking beside me.

"Is it true what I heard? You expelled a third-year student?"

"Well, it was his fault, I didn't force him to bet all his points."

"A-amazing. That was awesome, bro! You defeated someone in the third year! I wouldn't dare do what you did... Although I feel sorry for him, he was about to graduate."

Feeling sorry for others is a clear sign of weakness.

That just makes us look weak.

"Yes... Sorry..."

"Changing the subject, do you have time to play today?!"

"Mmm... I think so... Yes, I have time."

"Perfect! Text me when you're ready. Bye!"

She ran away... Wow, wow... A girl with too much energy?

I don't think I should give her candy.

"Fufu. Saik, even though you don't comb your hair, you are a magnet for women. Several girls took an interest in you."

"No, Yuki. Don't confuse friendship and kindness with love. Cristal only considers me a boy who plays a video game with her."

"What about the girl from before?"

"She's just someone trying to take advantage of me."

"What about Ram?"

"She is crazy. She's just a girl who wants to be the best. She just wants to beat me."

—... "What about Sylphie?"

"She is a strange girl who is attracted to a boy she barely knows because she doesn't know how to differentiate friendship from love."

"Then you admit she's in love with you!"

"Like I told Noel, I'm not interested in her. I'm not interested in any girl... Yuki, stop setting me up with some girl, that will never happen, I'm not interested in that."

I'm only interested in women with strong personalities. In women I know that, despite the circumstances, they will get ahead with their lives. Women who don't give up.

Women who don't betray me.

"Buuu. I forgot how cold you are."

We turn around in a corner.

"Hey, beautiful, don't you want to join us for a drink?"

"Don't play hard to get, cutie."

Oh, two older men trying to flirt with Naima, a classmate.

Mmm... Will she be weak-minded and accompany them? Or will she reject them?

"You are annoying and disgust me. Fuck you. Get out of my sight."

Oh, good answer.

She went her way and one of the men took her by the arm.

"Don't play hard to get, honey...!"

She kicked him in the crotch and punched him in the face with her fist, leaving the man on the floor.

Ah... That was pretty good.

"I told you not to touch me."

The other man is bigger... Yes... Maybe… I have to write something in my notebook when I get home.

I approached them and the man got angry.

"Fucking bitch!!"

He tried to punch her, but I grabbed his arm and held it tightly, stopping the movement of his fist.

I kicked his legs and he fell to the floor.

His face hit the ground hard... That must have hurt him.

"She's a minor, so don't bother."

I went on my way and took no more importance.

"Saik, that girl's look is scary. I think she's angry."

"I didn't need your help, you idiot!"

I turned to see her.

"And who helped you? I just took the opportunity to hit a pervert."

I ignored her and went on my way.

That girl's gaze can be scary.

She's furious just because I helped her.

I'll never change my mind, women are scary and weird.

I'll never understand them.

(Pov- 89.)

No leads on Shadow's location.

Shadow's voice and that guy named Saik are different, they're not the same.

With all the tests we did, we came to the conclusion that this boy named Saik is not Shadow.

If Saik had seen the ghosts, his heart rate would have changed even a little, but there was no change. He didn't really see them.

Even Shadow would be a little surprised to see them.

The girl who left me in her care was attending the same school as Saik, but they were from different groups. And from the results of the investigation, she hated Saik. Saik received bullying from her. If he was Shadow, why is he helping her? That doesn't make any sense.

The Shadow I know doesn't feel sorry for anyone. He is someone who is willing to leave innocent people behind to die, just to go looking for an ordinary ghost.

Shadow and Saik are very different... He's definitely not Shadow.

But the investigation will not end, Shadow is in that city, of that I am sure.

"Did you talk to 91, 90 yet?"

"No positive results."

"Tsk. That boy..."

Legendary ghost number 31 appeared in front of me.

"Hahahaha! Good luck looking for Shadow. I'll give you a hint, it's your choice whether to believe me or not. Shadow went on a trip."

"On a trip?"

"Maybe to another city or another country, I won't tell you. But let me tell you one thing, he's out of your reach. Don't try to look for him, that will only bring deaths."

"Shadow is not a... Is not... Is..."

"Oh... Why do you stop? Are you trying to say he's not a murderer? Yeah, I admit, I killed most of the people in that criminal organization, but I did it on Shadow's orders. And he also killed. If he killed so many people just because he considered one important person in that organization a nuisance, do you think he won't kill everyone in this place if they keep bothering him? He already gave you a chance to stop looking for him, don't waste it, old man."

She disappeared.

It is true… He killed all those people without a problem... And knowing him, he won't hesitate to kill us if we keep bothering... Should I stop the investigation?

I... I do not know... The deadly sins disappeared again. Shadow defeated them once and handed them over to us, but... What if he has them...? Shadow... Do you still want more power?

(Pov- Saik.)

French fries, homemade hamburgers and orange soda.

A good meal to eat while playing video games with Yuki.

"Saik, help me, the zombies are cornering me!"

"I'm out of bullets, I need more."

"With the axe! I'm going to ma...! They killed me! Thanks for nothing! Hmmmh!"

She bit into her hamburger and anger turned to pleasure.

"It's so delicious!"

Well, let's keep playing.

"I'm home, sweetheart."

Ah... That voice in my head is her.

"I must wash my face."

I paused the game and went into the bathroom.

Number 31 appeared in front of me and hugged me, putting my head on her breasts. This pervert...

"I missed you so much, darling!"

"Ah... You are crazy... What happened?"

"They're already protecting her and all that. She is in a safe place, there is nothing to worry about."

"What about surveillance?"

“I told them what you told me, but you must kill a member if they keep investigating.”

"I see... You are allowed to kill one of them, but let it be one who has no family or the most evil one. You will only do that if they continue to investigate."

"Eh? Should I stay in that place?! I don't want to!"

I stroked her cheek and started kissing her.

After 5 seconds, I parted my lips from hers.

"Eh?"

"Satisfied?"

"W-well... A-a little... M-maybe with another kiss you can convince me."

Ah...

I kissed her again... It's been 10 seconds. That should be enough.

"Ready, now do what I told you."

"I will do my best!"

She disappeared and I sighed.

"I have control over her... Why don't I just make her do it? Well... She has been faithful and helps me without complaining... Ah... Whatever."

(Some time ago.)

How did I meet number 31?

I used Shadow's identity to hunt the legendary ghosts. Why? I was just bored and it sounded like an interesting challenge. Besides, if I managed to catch them all, a God was going to grant me a wish... Or so I thought, because a legendary ghost told me that.

I'd already caught 30 of the 100 ghosts.

My next target was 31, but she was... weird.

"What an adorable little kid!"

She was fast and strong.

It was very hard to catch, I couldn't defeat her... So I became her friend.

I gave up and approached her. She considered me an adorable kid, so it wasn't hard. In time I earned her friendship.

When other ghost hunters tried to catch her, I helped her defeat them.

After a year, her friendship became love.

I lied to her by telling her that I was 17 years old, but that I looked like a little kid because of a curse.

She believed me because my personality was so different from that of a little kid. I was very mature.

She fell in love with me and I told her I just looked at her like a friend.

She would flirt with me and make sexual advances.

"I don't remember anything about when I was alive, so I don't know if I died a virgin or not. But as a ghost, I'm a virgin. Why don't we lose our virginity together, darling?"

"No, thanks. I just consider you a friend."

"Can't we have sex as friends? Let's strengthen our friendship."

"Where did you hear that nonsense?"

"Sometimes I go to hotels to spy on couples having sex."

"Pervert."

"I-I'm not a pervert! I'm just investigating what couples do!"

"Pervert."

"I am not...! Well, as I was saying, when I was spying, I saw two men having sex. Before they did, they said they were strengthening their friendship."

—... "Let me guess, you only spy on men?"

"W-well ... Oops."

"Pervert."

"I-I can't help it! Relationships between men are very exciting for me...!"

I didn't let her finish talking and I started kissing her.

"S-Saik?"

"All right, let's do it."

And so I lost my virginity, at the young age of 7 with number 31. She thought I was a teenager, over the age of majority, so I don't blame her for being disgusted when she found out my real age.

I used the legendary ghost number 3, the ghost of illusion.

He can create illusions, but I improved his illusions with my own power, so that it feels more real. I got the look of a 20-year-old boy with that illusion and had sex with number 31.

After 4 hours, we're done.

She was very exhausted, so I took the opportunity to take control of her, finally capturing number 31.

“It was a good plan, though it took me a long time."

Number 31 appeared furious in front of me.

"Did you catch me?!"

"Yes. I'm sorry, but I need your speed to capture the other legendary ghosts."

"And why didn't you just ask me for help?!"

"Ah... Would you agree to help me?"

"Of course I'd accept, we're friends, you idiot!"

"Ah... Oops?"

"Saik!!"

Eventually she forgave me and has always helped me.

She is a good companion, I can trust her.

But I am not in love with her... I just can't take her seriously with that stalker personality.

I want a girl with a strong, aggressive personality, not a girl who sexually harasses me.

(Pov- Yuki.)

I'm washing the dishes while Saik is playing that game with that girl named Cristal.

Something fair, because he cooked.

Ah... I'll never understand Saik's personality. He may be an idiot, but he can discover people's intentions just by talking to them for a short time.

He is weird... A good weirdo, but he's still a weirdo.

I wish I knew his past. What made him this way? I don't think he has that cold personality just because he does.

Something must have changed him in the past.

"Ah... I'd better not think about it."

... Wait...

Now that I remember, Saik was the only one who answered a question from the entrance exam well.

If we cheated by copying, how is it possible that Saik answered correctly...? Maybe... he knew the correct answer?

It... is true… He asked me for answers to questions he didn't know, but he also answered questions without cheating.

Was he able to answer such a difficult question? How?

... If I ask Saik, will he answer me...? Ah, I'd better not ask him anything. If Saik was smart, he wouldn't need me. Saik has shown that he doesn't want to have friends. He asked me for help because he's not smart. Maybe it was a coincidence that he knew that answer.

I'd better not think about it.

"I am finished."

I sat next to Saik and yawned.

Ah... I am very sleepy.

I think I need to sleep.

... Fufu. I'll take advantage and try to make Saik nervous.

"I am sleepy. Can I use your lap as a pillow? Thank you."

I put my head on his lap.

"I didn't even say yes."

"Eh? I-I can't use your lap as a pillow?"

To use Saik's weakness, the adorable. He won't say no to me if I make a lovely pout.

"I'm just asking you to respect personal space, but it's okay, it doesn't bother me."

Fufu. I knew it… Huh?

W-why did he stroke my head?!

"Sleep, don't worry. I'll wake you up when dinner's ready."

"Y-Yes... T-thank you..."

Uwaaaah! You're supposed to be nervous, not me!

It is not fair!

... Although ... I feel protected when I'm so close to him... Saik ... W-wow ... Since he is not wearing a shirt because it is hot today, I am very close to his abdomen... G-great, I want to touch it... It looks strong... And he's sweating a little bit from the heat, which makes him look... so attractive... A strong, sweaty body... His body odor... S-smells... weird... Smells like a man... Am I getting excited?! No, Yuki, don't touch his body, he'll feel uncomfortable...! And his hand... His hand... it feels... very good...

(Pov- Saik.)

Wow, she fell asleep really fast.

She looks adorable when she sleeps... Oh, I just realized I look like an older brother with his younger sister.

A sister... I always wanted to have a brother who could also see ghosts, so I wouldn't be the only weirdo in the family.

Where did my ability to see ghosts come from? Did I inherit it from one of my grandparents? I'll never know because everyone's dead.

~Knock knock~

Two simple knocks on the door... How strange. Commonly the door is knocked three times.

Who will visit me? Will it be a salesman?

I won't open, I don't want Yuki to wake up.

~Knock knock~

I will not open the door.

"Can't you hear me, idiot?!!!"

Mmm... That voice... Really?

Ah... How annoying that girl is. She's lucky to look like Yuki and be adorable.

[Someone knocks on the door, sorry.]

I sent the message to Cristal and left the game.

Carefully, I put Yuki's head on the couch and opened the door.

"What took you so long...?! Why don't you wear a shirt, you idiot!"

“Sorry about that, Saik."

"What do you want, Ram? Hello, Saoto."

"Hello."

A predictable combination. Ram, the smart girl, and Saoto, the class president. Ah... How annoying they are.

"We want to negotiate with you on the points. We talked to the teacher and you still have time to..."

"You will not take away my protection point. If you want points, bet with other students and win."

I was about to close the door, but Saoto, the one I least expected, put his foot in to prevent the door from closing.

"So, at least let's make a deal... If any classmates are ever expelled, can we count on your help and use your point to prevent their expulsion? We can even use that protection point to avoid an expulsion at the end of the semester."

...

Ah... This guy really is a good person, but he's too good... That makes him annoying.

"How did you find my house?"

"Our methods are secret."

Mmm... I doubt the teacher gave them my location. Sylphie doesn't know where I live... They didn't follow me either, I would have noticed...

“I'm sorry, as class president, I have everyone's numbers and addresses for some emergency."

—... "I never expected that corruption from you, Saoto."

I think I misjudged him.

"Whatever... The protection point I have, I will use it for my own benefit. If you want it, it will cost you 20,000 positive points. You'll save 5,000. Save points and then we'll talk business."

“But...”

"Saoto, I know you want to help everyone, so they feel safe, but we must also protect ourselves. Being selfish is indispensable to survival. If you come simply to convince me to help you or something like that, you are wasting your time..."

Ram is looking at me too much... Is she getting turned on by my body? I feel desecrated.

"Hey, my eyes are up, you pervert."

"How is it possible for a lazy guy like you to have such a trained body?"

I had to survive, so physical training was essential.

"Ah... Listen, I want to get to group A, too. I'll help with the special tests and all that, but when it comes to individual tests, I won't help anyone. The protection point is mine, I will not give it to anyone."

"What about Sylphie? Will you give it to her?"

"Mmm... 50/50. I don't think she'll ever need it, but if she needs it, I'll give it to her. After all, she's a friend."

—... "I see... Let's go, Saoto."

“Please think about it better, Saik. You're indispensable to the class and... We heard that someone in group D wants you to be in their class."

"Oh... Don't worry, they didn't offer me anything valuable. I'm sure they thought I'd change my class just because a pretty girl asked me to, but I don't care about that... Well, I'm sorry, I was playing, so I'm retiring."

I closed the door and sat down again.

I put Yuki's head on my lap and opened the game on my smartphone.

“I hope Crystal managed to defeat that Goblin King without me.”

[You're on time, Saik! Help me give him the final blow!]

Well, I got there on time... Although that message was quick. She's got fast fingers.

8