Scavenger Rudolf(Rudolf’s Side chapter Chapter 1)
192 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This is a side chapter where Mumu Apple gained her class orb and some stolen food. But in another perspective.

Back where the slums are is an old 60-year-old man who wore a Large black jacket, torn-up pants, and has a torn-up hat on his head. They are like everyone else a Nobody takes care of the homeless kids and tries to keep an eye on them so they don't get arrested, killed, or starved. Guards heavily dislike him as he stops them from bullying and harassing the children or the older and less capable homeless people in the massive slums. Suddenly they woke up from a cloth and a person talking ran out of his tent with a few of his belongings. Rudolf would grumble as they got up and walked out of their handmade tent out of torn cloth and different water-resistant pieces of cotton that are old.

The morning sun shines brightly, and one of many small Slums village and this one was named "The Deadend" it was named this way as guards and thief's use this place as their way of arresting and harassing people among other things that were illegal in the other districts or higher walls. Rudolf covers their eyes as they go back into their tent and gets back out equipped with a small bag on his side named Grampas Arsenal and five copper coins along with him. Rudolf began slowly walking out of the living area and continued going towards the Slums market to barter whatever copper coins he had left for water and food.

As they slowly walk, countless homeless and poor people in rage or torn up clothing would be walking down the dirty and small streets with several built stalls of deadwood. The people running them were selling old food or food such low quality that even mold was common. He sees Mumu Apple running away from some guards and sighs as they take out a flattened rock, and his finger charged with what small amount of mana he had and flicked it forward at a fast speed. It hit that fat Guard's neck faster, and they dropped like a sack of hammers.

The other two guards turned around and saw a much older man in a dirty-looking coat, hat, and pants with an aging face. They laughed as they began sprinting towards this old-timer to attack him instead since he knocked out the fat one. Rudolf seeing this began using his legs and began putting them to work as he ran away into the semi-dense market full of homeless people of all ages.

Guards gave up once that happened, and they went back to carrying the fat tub of lard to a healer who will have a hell of a time when the reason for healing is going to be cast when a homeless person with a rock knocked out one of their "friends." Rudolf felt their back be in great pain once they stopped running to rest on the dirt and flat stone side.

Rudolf: Just had to break a back to save their ass once more. At least they and I got away this time and did not get injured too severely from their sharp swords and sticks.

Name: Rudolf
Level:1/5
Race: Human(Old)
Experience Bar:0/250
Status Effect: Tired, Old Bones(Permanent)
Height:6ft2
Age: 60 years old
Food Meter:36%
Water Meter:40%
Clean Meter:40%
Gender: Male
Strength:4
dexterity:3
Intelligence:10
Vitality:2
Wisdom:10
Charisma:8
Luck:1
HP:2.6/3.8(0.2 every 4 hours)
Sp:1/5(0.2 every 2 minute)
MP:1/3(0.1 per hour)
Skills: Infused RockLv1(lesser), Weak ThrowLv1(Lesser)
Passive: Oldman CharmsLv1

Rudolf would slap away the window before getting back up once their energy was back up, then continue their walk to the fish part of the market and hope they could find some tasty sardines that had not gotten old yet. They finally got to the fish market of the slums, and it had a bunch of smelly fish that were old, but Rudolf got lucky and saw a small barrel with salted sardines, which went 6 per copper coin, which was making his heart melt and heartbeat. 

Dark Elf(Butcher/Fisher): Hey Rudolf, come on over! Medium Salted Sardines are half price!

Rudolf would wave over as they walked over to a good friend of theirs for the last two decades. a Dark Elf named Claire might look cute, but she wields a Cleaned meat cleaver and has a good amount of muscles. Honestly, Rudolf is glad to hear that their favorite kind of cheap fish is half pricetoday.

Rudolf: Hello, Claire darling. It's nice to see someone like you again.

Claire smiles as, despite being many decades older than Rudolf by a long shot, She looks younger than someone's mother-in-law, who looks like a haven. She would greet him once more, take one copper coin, and give him a small bag of 12 Salted Sardines(E- Quality) and a complimentary glass bottle of boiled water(E+) to be a kind person for helping another kid get away from the guards. 

Claire(Butcher/Fisher): So which kid was it you saved again? was it the one who likes using fire magic to light things up again?

Rudolf(Old Man): No, it was Mumu Apple, the mute Beastkin. Honestly almost got winded when I had to run away from the Guard I knocked down. Also, can you heal me up as well, Claire?

Claire smiled and gave him some good healing which recovered everything and then some. Rudolf walked off with his food and water as he had one more copper coin left and would go back to the broken-down park area to prepare a barrel and pot for some cooking of fish and salted broth.

Meanwhile, a Homeless man pawning off scrap metal had gained six copper coins at the park. A guard walked by and, with a grin on his face, would kick dirt onto the Homeless man's face and begin to kick him. The Guard was new, had no armor, and was pretty fucking weak for a guard and already got took power to his head quicker than the poor recruitment of new guards.

Before anything else good happens, A fucking Cleaver almost hits the Guard short spear, and they book it faster with their tail between their legs, and Claire takes the Cleaver back before sprinting back to their Stand. Rudolf gently sat down on a wooden stool. He began the process of putting in some fish and other decent but not too old-looking stuff into a pot filled with water, and the sun slowly went down as Rudolf enjoyed a meal that filled his stomach slowly and rehydrated him. (Chapter ends)

Announcement
Chapters are back, but they will be slower since power might go out and take a lot more time than usual. This is due to Ghana power-outs happening more than in Nebraska and me being a lazy potato.

6