Adventurers meets poor cat and more(Chapter 9)
225 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mumu apple yawns as they have woken up, and they, in sleepy mode, would zombie walk over to where some small hole of water is, fell face first, and then woken up right away with widened eyes. And then got out and would take off her clothes and jumped back into the dirty water to clean while making sure their new friend was near and safe with them. Meanwhile, away from the location Mumu was at, a couple of adventurers were busy walking back to the kingdom of Vigor after killing a group of harpies who were harassing a poor peasant village in the west of the domain.

????(mini Dog Beastkin Tank): Guys, can you seriously stop forgetting me in battle! I might tank damage, but I still need some heals or buff me up! Dam harpies and their wind magic.

She shouted at the Healer and Mage of the group, who quickly turned around and would put their heads down. Well, the mage did, but the healer decided to speak up.

????(Human healer): Sorry, Saria. I will try better next time and try to help everyone. Now Gorg, please apologize before you repeat something stupid.

????(Orc Mage): well, if you were not so dang short and small, then maybe-

Before he could finish, they were now lying down on the ground as the heavily armed 4ft had power dropped kicked him in the chest at a surprising speed.

Saria(Mini Tank): Shut Up before I drop kick you again. Now Davis, please carry Grog before I drop kick him more challenging if he tries being smart again.

All of them calmed down a good bit before going back to walking down the long stone road while also checking their bags to see how much stuff they needed to gather and pack up. They used a lot for traveling and fighting, so resupplying will now be in order once the guild gives them their coins for the job. Saria and friends kept waking and taking. Gorg suddenly began walking/speed walk over to something as they saw a camp not too far from the walls.

Saria(Mini Beastkin tank): No, you dumb shit, come back here! Davis, I think Grog forgot the road existed again.

Davis sigh and both begin following Grog, who not being too bright. Grog started looking around the camp and see's a hanging set of thieves clothing, a bag of random stuff, and a 2ft tall baby fishmen looking thing who was chilling by the campfire without a care in the world. Grog saw this and instantly tried picking it up before it ran away and dips into the sam dirty water Mumu was still in as they wanted to clean themselves still.

Grog(Orc mage): Hey guys, I found this weird dang fish-men and a naked homeless-

Saria quickly dripped kicked him to the ground to shut him up before they finished that sentence. Great, now they have two problems on their hands: a homeless person out of the city, and Grog needed some bone healing after that dropkick. Mumu Apple would have seen the little fish-men and would smile brightly as their new friend stared at them, looked into their eyes, and then jumped on top of their head once they both out of the water, shook all of the water off, and got dressed before the quickly turned around with a shocked look.

Mumu Apple(Shocked face):!!!!!!

She quickly ran over to her back, face-planted, got up, took out her Serrated Dagger(E+ Rank) and Poison Dagger(E+ rank), and went into a poorly done fighting stance.

Davis(Human healer): Hold on now, put down the weapons, and we can explain why we are here. Now Saria, get off of Grog, and let's try to explain to this homeless person what is going on.

Mumu apple would put the daggers away before looking at them and began using her body language and different poses to tell them her name. She was angy that they called her a homeless person and found it very rude.

Grog: I think She is trying to tell us something. But they are not talking nor using that rare sign language I sometimes see noble people teach their kids.

Saria: Shut it, Gorg. She is trying to tell us her name. Now they are making out the words(Not verbally) "I am Mumu Apple. who are you and what are you".

Mumu Apple nods at the correct answer and waits for a response while holding their new friend in their hands. The Baby Fishmen would make a bloop noise and split a water droplet onto Grog's face. Mumu mutely giggled while Saria held in a laugh at what happened, Meanwhile with Davis. He was busy looking through Mumu Apple's status using a Status stone they always bring with them on adventures. Honestly, he was questioning how the hell did this Mumu Apple even survive for this long.

Name: Mumu Apple
Level:3/5
Class: Thief Lv2
Race: Lesser half beastkin(Cat)
Experience Bar:220/300
Class Experience:130/600
Status Effect: N/A
Height:4ft5
Age: 8 years old
Food Meter:100%
Water Meter:88%
Clean Meter:100%
Gender: Female
Strength:6
dexterity:16
Intelligence:8
Vitality:7
Wisdom:4
Charisma:5
Luck:2
HP:15/15(0.2 per hour)
Sp:10/10(0.2 per hour)
MP:0/0
Skills: Wild SwingsLv3(Lesser), Analyze EyeLv2(Lesser), BackStabLv2(Lesser)

Passives:Dagger MasteryLv7(Lesser),PicklockingLv4(Lesser),StealthLv6(lesser),Hunger ResistinceLv2(lesser),CookingLv3(lesser), Fire startingLv2(Lesser),SewingLv4(Lesser), Bleeding Resistance(lesser)Lv2, Fear ResistinceLv4(Lesser), SurvivalistLv2(Lesser), DiggingLv2(Lesser),LimitBreakerLvMax(Hidden)

Davis: Guys, shut up and listen for a second. I just found out with my particular rock that this Mumu Apple. She has decent stats, a very uncommon skill, and they somehow got it. And both a class and passives?! holy moly, she has some potential.

Saria and Grog(Same time): Wth! are you sure you're not fucking with us, Davis.

Davis: No, I am not since I have this particular stone. Saria, can we have them join us as a new guild member? We need a fourth one, and having a thief can benefit us.

Davis continues talking with Saria and Grog. Meanwhile, Mumu Apple was busy taking bits of dried rabbit meat and feeding it to her new friend, who continued sitting on top of her head. Mumu was too distracted and having a good mood to care about the three strangers' convo since her new friend was hungy and needed some food. After more talking, arguing, and minutes wasted. Saria, the group leader, turns around and gives Mumu a couple of gentle shakes on the shoulder.

Saria: Mumu Apple. I want to ask you if you want to join our adventuring team. You can choose not to since I am not the kind to force a choice onto someone so young but talented to join us.

Mumu Apple became shocked at what Saria asked of her. But her mind raced with excitement as they always heard good stuff about adventurers in stories, old thrown away books, and seeing them sometimes help people out in the slums brings a smile to her face. Mumu Apple would sit down on the ground and begin to think silently. Her mind began to weigh out the benefits and would straight away nod her head up and down at Saria.

Saria: Alright, guys, any objections?

Davis(Healer): Only objection is that it's a child going. Anything works since almost no one else wants to join us.

Grog(Mage): I don't have any at all. I joined the guild as a child, so I see no problem joining us.

Saria(Tank): Alright, Mumu, you can join us, but some ground rules first. Make sure you pull your work in when getting coins, choose quests you can handle as sometimes we can't help you out on every mission, and the final rule is to make sure you are in decent shape. Something tells me your going to need a regular workout schedule.

Saria would shut up once they noticed they were rambling and began to walk back to the walls of the kingdom of Vigor. Davis, Grog, and Mumu Apple(And Baby fishmen on her head) would follow with a smile on her face and their tail moving super quickly. Honestly, she was entranced by the idea of eating more food, Wearing nice clothes, and so many other things they had never experienced. Twenty minutes later, Saria and friends were in front of a counter where the first floor of the guildhall was. It was both a relaxing area, an eating area, and a quest-taking area all in one.

Caramel: Alright, 30 silver, 50 copper coins, plus ten more silver coins for the harpy parts you gave us. Now then, may I ask, who is this little girl in light armor behind you? Please explain, or I am going to have to do more paperwork.

Saria: Um, yea, so Mumu apple heard wants to join the guild and agreed to join our party. (She said while collecting the silver coins earned from the quest completion)

Caramel: you're funny. a Child who can fight? Listen that will not happen since most children can't deal with dangerous low-level monsters. It's simply too difficult.

Mumu Apple(Gestures and poses): I can fight decently! I killed a boss monster by myself.

Caramel: Hahahahaha. Alright, kid, if you did kill a boss monster as you said. Then face against a low-rank adventurer in this guild and get in or pay ten gold coins for registration and licensing fee.

Mumu Apple:......!

She would nod a lot to take the deal and not bothered doing any more gestures and poses as it tired her out a little.

Saria: Now, hold on, Caramel. You have to be joking. Like it's Mumu vs. someone who has slightly more experience than them in a fight. How about we pay it instead?

Davis: Alright, hold on, Saria, terrible idea on paying the fee part is not reasonable cause we are short on coins, and we all have to pay the guild rent if we ever want to live here longer.

Grog: Settle down, you two. Now stop choosing someone and let Mumu choose. I might not be bright, but arguing with each other will not help.

Mumu Apple would turn back around after spending a bit of time using an old sewing needle and trashed threads to make a little pouch for their new baby fishmen friend.

Mumu Apple:......!!!!!

She would make many hand motions, and Caramel sighed as they understood(with help) that Mumu wanted to fight someone to prove they could fight, since who will believe someone young as her without verifying it.

Caramel:*Sighs*Alright, I guess I'll call someone over so you can 3 round spar them. And if you win all three, you can join the guild for free and then get your ID Card.*turns around* Hey, noobie! We got someone for you to spar.

A 5ft4 tall Elf who has a pair of copper cestus(E+ Quality) and wears barbarian armor would walk over to the desk of the guildhall.

Elf girl(Barbarian): E- rank adventurer Velvet Marloom at your service. So who am I sparring, may I ask?

Caramel: Alright, settle down, Velvet. You are going to Spar, a person who wants to take the choice of joining this guild via sparring match against someone of equal power. So you are fighting an 8-year-old Girl named Mumu Apple.

Velvet Marloom(Unsure tone): Alright, I usually do not fight a child. But if they can fight, I won't go as easy as if they can survive this long and even fight, and then they might have some skills up their sleeve.

Mumu Apple would take out her Serrated dagger and wait for further instructions.

Caramel: Hold on, not inside. Follow me to the back, where the training grounds are behind this building.

Caramel, Mumu Apple, and Saria's group would follow Caramel and appear outside in a flat-surfaced Training Area. It had several training dummies, weights, and a few people were sparring each other or hitting ironwood dummies made of ironwood with training weapons that dealt no damage whatsoever.

Caramel: Alright, everyone clears up the place as a sparring match initiation. Watch in around the borders of the training area or get out!

Caramel shouts, and some would leave, while others would sit down and begin to wait to see the newbie get owned. Velvet would go into the left side of the Training Area, while people looked at the right side and some chuckled and laughed as a homeless person in Thieves clothing.

Generic Adventurer#1: Seriously?! why is someone of the poor joining our-

Saria would give them a super hard and loud slap on the cheek and give a glare which shut that person and others up quickly. Velvet Marloom would go into an Attack Stance, and Mumu Apple would take out both her Serrated and Poison Dagger while going into a Poor fighting stance full of holes.

Caramel: Alright 3...2...1... Go!

Velvet wanting to end this quickly, would quickly sprint towards Mumu Apple, and Mumu Apple promptly picked up some loose dirt, threw it, swiftly ran with speed, and hid behind a nearby Training dummy. Velvet would quickly cover her face and look around while slightly blinded by a dirty trick.

Velvet(Slightly ticked): Alright, come on out! Please don't make me start punching things down.

Velvet said while they felt a squirt of water hit their head and quickly would kick a small chunk of a training dummy before not noticing Mumu's plan or well-hurried tactic in action. She was using the same skills taught by other homeless people when dealing with Guards or people with a sharp weapon, which was the hit and run tactic. She quickly appeared behind Velvet and would Quick Slice against the body, which Velvet did not cover in fur armor.

They failed on the first strike, but the second got an excellent slice. To the back of the leg before getting a swift kick to the stomach, sending Mumu back into a dummy. 

Velvet: Sorry, that's not going to happen. Also, I will make sure I kick another poor person to the pavement.

Velvet said with glee that annoyed Saria, who began to plan a very special dropkick for this noobie. Mumu Apple would quickly get up and dodge to the left while ensuring their friend was not too hurt since they were vital to this fight. It continues with Mumu with her high dex dodging attack that slowly looks like desperate and anger-filled flails, then the decent punches and kicks are thrown. Velvet had not noticed this until now and would use her daggers to counter-attack back with poor slice and dice on her part, but it worked.

And after 16 minutes of weapons flailing and more hit and run tactics, Mumu Apple wins while the Elf lady was healed up due to the bleeding and poisoned effected that got fully stacked. Mumu would rush back over to where Saria and their friends were, and Saria gave them a big ol hug.

Saria: good job on the fight, but that lasted longer than it should. But now's not the time to complain, and let's get you registered and get your license and registration you earned.

Mumu Apple would walk back inside with Saria, Davis, who was busy reading a spellbook, and Grog, who was inside drinking large glasses of Apple Cider with his share of the copper and silver coins. Mumu Apple appeared in front of the desk. Caramel began using a feather and pen to write down Mumu's information, registration, and finally, a new fancy guild card.

Caramel: Alright, the little fighter, you earned it after that fight. Also, your guild rank is E- and you can only do the quests at your rank, which involves collecting herbs, killing mini hermit crabs, or a simple fetch quest.

Mumu Apple, with shaking excitement, would take their Guild card in their hand and jump up in excitement in the air as they finally become one of the incredible people in the stories they sometimes hear about.(Chapter end)

4