Chapter 10
1.4k 5 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the flying boat, Lin Feng was relaxing in one of the rooms while drinking wine.

"Master, can I have some?" Mei Lin asked Lin Feng for some wine.

"Why not?" Lin Feng said while pouring some wine for her, and Lin Feng always found it strange when the "spirit" behaved like a human, ever since he recreated her, she had started behaving more like a live being than a boat's spirit, not that he had any idea on how spirits were supposed to behave, initially she was just a voice that couldn't hold a proper conversation. However, after the change, she developed a body and could form her conversation.

To Lin Feng, this was interesting. He looked forward to seeing what other characteristics she would display.

Mei Lin took the cup and drank the wine, her face flushed red. It could be seen that she was a light drinker.

"Master, I want more." Mei Lin demanded.

"No more wine for you." Lin Feng replied sternly.

"I don't want a repeat of last time." Lin Feng continued as he remembered the day he had heeded to her demands and gave her more wine, she passed out, making the boat lose control and crash, it was only thanks to the boat's tough defenses that they managed to remain unscathed, Lin Feng had to wait for a long time before she woke up, he swore from that day he was going to be giving her only a sip and nothing more no matter how many times she begged.

"Master, you're so mean." Mei Lin stated stubbornly.

"Hey, focus on controlling the boat. When we go back home, I'll give you as much as you want." Lin Feng could only advance and retreat at the same time.

"Okay, it's a promise then." Mei Lin muttered happily.

Lin Feng ignored her and started observing the scenery, the tall mountains, beautiful trees, and the blue sky. Lin Feng almost took out his paintbrush and started painting, but he held back the impulse.

If he were going to paint, he'd instead do it after traveling around the star. Lin Feng started planning a trip around the star. A means of transportation was not an issue as he trusted the boat could handle the trip without any issues.

The boat could reach anywhere in an instant. After Lin Feng upgraded,  Mei Lin explained to him the new features the boat had. One of the features was space travel. She explained how they could instantly teleport to a place of their choice in a matter of seconds.

Lin Feng didn't like the space travel option as it prevented him from appreciating the beautiful nature, and besides, he was in no hurry to go anywhere.

"Master, we are here." Mei Lin interrupted Lin Feng's thoughts.

Lin Feng looked at the lively market below him. He didn't like it as much. During the five years, he had visited the place five times. The first time he had come to buy plant seeds and some animals to go and raise on his farm, the remaining four times he had come to buy materials for making clothes.

"My god, which powerful sect is visiting our San Luo market." A voice could be heard from a crowd that was starting to form near Lin Feng's boat.

"Maybe they are here for the city Lord's auction." Another person replied.

"But which sect do they belong to? I can't see any sect emblem." Another man in the crowd voiced his findings.

" Maybe they belong to a hidden sect, and the auction attracted them." Another person said.

"It must be so. I heard this time they are going to auction the thunder milk. Even if it is a supreme-level sect, they can't ignore the temptation of the thunder milk. I heard it can increase your life span by a few thousand years." Another man in the crowd spoke with a knowing expression.

Lin Feng heard all their speculations, but he ignored them. He had become accustomed to seeing this situation when he arrived at the market. Every time, it would be a new crowd, and they would arrive at their conclusions, which is why Lin Feng didn't like the market much.

Lin Feng and Mei Lin got out of the boat, the boat shrunk, then turned into a stream of light and disappeared into Mei Lin's body. Lin Feng wasn't surprised by Mei Lin's action as he had seen her do it before.

Lin Feng glanced inside his space ring and was embarrassed by the contents. He was running low on spirit stones. Fortunately, he had brought a beast skin that he had hunted and skinned beforehand. The first time he had sold a pelt, he was surprised by the spirit stones he was paid, making it a habit to come with one each time he visited the market.

...

At the exact moment, in a shop some distance away from Lin Feng's current position, an old man was walking back and forth with fine beads of sweat streaming down his forehead, clearly, something was troubling him.

" Have you got the things I asked you for?" the old man took out a jade slip and spoke.

"Yes, master, I'm on my way." A voice replied.

"Good, good hurry up, young master usually comes at this time, if you are late, don't even think about keeping your dog life." The old man finished the conversation with a threat.

" I hope the young master will be satisfied with my sincerity." The old man spoke to himself as he arranged the seats and cleaned the already clear floor.

"Oh, shopkeeper Cheng, this young master is happy with your sincerity." A young man's voice broke the old man's thoughts.

"It seems the shopkeeper has finally recognized your status as the crown prince." An older man next to the young man spoke up.

" Prince, please forgive the old man, but the shop is closed for today."

The old man impatiently told the young boy.

"What!" The young boy with silk pants was taken aback, wasn't the shopkeeper cleaning the shop because he had anticipated his arrival? Why was he being sent away then? Was this still giving face to him?

"Yes, Prince, the shop is closed today. I have an important matter to deal with. Maybe you can come back tomorrow, and I will arrange what you want." The old man told the Prince while cupping his fists, though his actions looked respectful, the contempt in his eyes could not be hidden.

"Old man, I can see you are preparing the shop to welcome somebody. Are you welcoming someone more important than me that you have to send me away?"

"Prince, please bear with the old man and come back later." The old man spoke with a trace of anger in his voice. He was getting impatient with the boy.

"I'm not going anywhere. I want to see whom you are treating more respectfully than the crown prince. I will also speak to father king, and we will see how he takes this matter." The young man spoke loudly, making sure to remind the old man of his status.

"Look here, you little brat. I've told you to get out and come back later. If you don't go, don't blame the old man for not giving face."

"Don't think you can use your royal family to force me, your family might be powerful, but that is all. It's only a family. How can it compare to the powerful sects? so I advise you to get out, don't start flaunting your little power, one day you will offend someone you shouldn't offend, and it will be too late." The old man spoke while releasing his cultivation base to force the Prince and his shrimp soldiers back.

The shopkeeper's aura suddenly changed, his cultivation pressure was taken back, and he assumed a respectful stance.

" Mr. Lin, welcome to my little shop. I hope it can satisfy your needs." The old man spoke while he gestured for Lin Feng to a chair.

Lin Feng went and sat on the chair and beside him, Mei Lin also took a seat, this is the same shop where he bought the boat, he liked the old man politeness, so he kept coming back after the first time.

" Young master, I have prepared your usual order. Will you be taking it?" the old man asked Lin Feng.

" Yes, and for the money I brought some animal's pelt, you can subtract your price from the payment and give me the remaining." Lin Feng told the old man as he removed a box and handed it to him.

The old man received the box as respectfully as he could. He knew what was in there was not something he could afford to mishandle.

This sight amused Lin Feng. It was just some stupid skin. Why was the old man treating it like it was a treasure? He remembered the first time he came to sell it to the old man. He overreacted and fell to the ground from shock. He had been surprised by the old man, but he consoled himself that the old man probably has never been to a forest and so he had never seen a pelt before.

The old man carefully took the box then put it in his space ring. It was only then that he heaved a sigh of relief.

"Young master, please." The old man spoke while handing a box to Lin Feng. Lin Feng knew the box contained the materials he needed, so he put them in his ring and waited for the old man to hand him his remaining spirit stones.

"Goddamn it! Where is that boy? I can only stall for time by talking nonsense." The old man muttered to himself.

"Young master, have you heard of the auction? I heard they are selling thunder milk. Are you interested?" the old began talking nonsense.

"No, I'm not interested." Lin Feng replied to the old man, he wasn't interested in many things. He assumed the thunder milk, given its weird name, was something that only cultivators found useful, so he wasn't interested.

The old man began to panic seeing Lin Feng was not interested, who told him not to prepare early.

The old man was about to continue with his nonsense when a stream of light arrived at the door of the shop. Then a young boy appeared, this boy was precisely the person the old man was waiting for, like a starved donkey that finally saw pasture the old man rushed to the boy and grabbed the ring he was holding, he didn't forget to pinch the boy secretly for putting him in the awkward situation.

The old man then handed the ring to Lin Feng and said," Young master, these are the remaining stones I owe you."

Lin Feng accepted the ring, put it in his ring, and walked out of the shop with Mei Lin following him.

48