Chapter 11
1.3k 8 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Lin Feng walked out of the store, one person was still shocked.

"Who is that beautiful lady?" The prince muttered to himself; he was mesmerized by the girl that he couldn't talk to during the exchange. Indeed, the girl's beauty left him speechless. As a prince and a blessed son of heaven, he had had his fair share of beauties, but now he felt like he was a frog in the bottom of a well? The prince decided he had to get that girl no matter what, but first, who was she? Who was the young man that made him feel insecure? Where were they from? These questions ran through his mind, but he was unable to figure out an answer.

"Shopkeeper Cheng, who are they?" When the prince could not figure out their identities, he asked the shopkeeper as he was his only chance to know their identities.

"You better mind your own business. If you continue to pursue this matter, you won't know how you will die." The old man told the prince with a sneer.

"If you want to pursue them, don't even think about leaving here alive." The shopkeeper threatened.

"Don't worry, shopkeeper Cheng. I won't pursue this matter." The prince said while he cupped his fists and left the shop.

"Don't say I didn't warn you. A toad lusting for swan meat doesn't usually have a good end." The old man muttered to himself as he closed his shop and took out the box that Lin Feng gave him.

"As expected of senior Lin, the grade of this cannot be determined by my poor eyesight. It is at least at the immortal grade." The old man muttered to himself as he remembered when he first saw Lin Feng in his child form back then. He had assumed he was a young master of a powerful sect, but he had to reevaluate him when he started bringing immortal beast skins to him.

"The ancestor should be happy with this." The old man said as he ignited an incense stick and spurted out his blood essence to summon his ancestor. He then took out five boxes. These boxes were the ones he got from Lin Feng. He had never dared to open them. Who knew what catastrophe they could attract? So he only used his divine sense to scan the boxes.

At this moment, the smoke of the incense stick started moving, and soon, it took the form of an old man.

"Little Cheng, you finally decided to talk to your father after five years. Do you even still remember me?" the Smoky figure suddenly spoke.

The figure then took out a ring and used a particular technique to make it materialize in front of Li Cheng.

" Even though you are an unfilial child, the old man still remembers you, take this and use it in your cultivation. After you ascend,

see how I will teach you some manners." The old man spoke harshly.

Li Cheng blushed in shame, though his father spoke harshly. How could he not see his father's love for him?

"Father, it is not that this son has been unfilial. I was only preparing a huge present for your birthday, don't think I forgot." Li Cheng said to his father.

"Oh! It seems I didn't raise you in vain. Quickly show your old man what you have for him." The old man spoke while trying to hide his excitement. It was things like this that made him love his son.

Li Cheng took out the boxes and handed them to his father carefully.

"Father, please be careful the grade of these skin cannot be identified by my treasure-seeking eye." Li Cheng explained to his father with worry on his face.

"What! So it must be an immortal grade treasure." The old man was pleasantly surprised.

The old man took the boxes using his previous technique, and soon, the boxes appeared in a secret room in a sect in the immortal territory. He followed his son's advice and didn't rush to open the box. Instead, he scanned the inside of the boxes using his divine sense.

"What!" Shock, disbelief, doubt, excitement could be seen on the old man's face.

As an immortal emperor, there were little things that could make his mood fluctuate, his son giving him gifts was one of the little things that could make his mood fluctuate. Although he was happy, he did not expect the gift to be something huge after all. It was the thought that mattered.

Li Cheng lei, Li Cheng's father, got up, activated his sect's formation, and concentrated it on the secret room. He didn't want any aura to leak out and bring unwanted attention to him.

Li Cheng lei then opened one of the boxes carefully. In an instant, terrible pressure was released from the box. The pressure was like an invisible hand forcing him to kneel. He quickly used his cultivation base to fight it.

The pressure grew stronger as if responding to his challenge.

CRACK!

The sound of breaking bones could be heard. Li Cheng lei was forced to kneel. It was only when he knelt that the pressure disappeared. The old man wiped the sweat from his forehead. His clothes were soaked, his breathing increased.

"It is an emperor's will." Li Cheng lei muttered to himself,

As an immortal emperor himself, he knew about an emperor's will. When a high-ranking cultivator dies, the remains form a will that contains a portion of the dead cultivator's previous power.

"It was only a remnant will, but it was this strong? how terrifying was the cultivation?" Li Cheng lei thanked the heavens he didn't rush to open the box. Otherwise, his sect would be a historical statistic.

"Where did that boy get an emperor's remains? Also, looking at it, it must have been cultivating bull skin. How did he skin it?"

Li Cheng lei had his doubts, how could his son get his hands on something that almost killed him? He was only alive since the will was not malicious.

Li Cheng lei returned his consciousness to the smoke, then he asked.

"Where did you get your gifts from?"

"It was a senior that sold it to me."

"What! Sold it to you? How can something like this be sold? And how could you afford it?"

"Don't underestimate my business father, it is the best in the northern kingdom, so if I sacrifice some things, there's nothing I can't buy." Li Cheng answered proudly.

"Boy, do you know what it is that you bought?" the old man asked.

"-"

Li Cheng remained silent, though he knew the contents of the boxes were immortal grade, he couldn't determine the grade.

"These are immortal emperor's remains, all of them. Even if I sell my sect, do you think I can afford even one ?"The old man asked his proud son.

"This..."

Li Cheng was taken aback. He didn't know that he was keeping such precious things in his house. Also, he used only one billion spirit stones to buy each box. If he knew he was handling such precious things, he wouldn't have the galls to repeat his purchase. He started to fear, what if Mr. Lin blames him for not paying the appropriate amount?

"Don't worry, the expert that gave you the skin was not malicious, otherwise how could I still be alive?" The old man comforted his son as if he could see through his worries.

"Father, what should I do now?" Li Cheng asked.

"You can't do anything, just wait for me to fix some matters, and I'll come to you, and we can go and visit the expert to see if he has any instructions."

"Okay, father, I will listen to you."

The old man vanished with the smoke leaving behind the worried Li Cheng.

"It turns out Mr. Lin was a big figure, that prince is going to ruin his whole family." Li Cheng muttered to himself. Fortunately, he had been polite to Lin Feng when he first met him. Otherwise, he wouldn't have known how he died.

56