Chapter 12
1.2k 2 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Away from the shop, a young man was rushing through the crowds desperately as if his life depended on it, this young man was no one else but the crown prince,  he was searching for the direction  Lin Feng and Mei Lin went, after leaving the shop he immediately started to search for the two. However, he soon discovered a problem, he could not find the direction they had gone off to, so in a last desperate move, he instructed his guards to each go in a separate direction so that they could cover more ground, as for Li Cheng's warning he was not going to listen to him, after all, he was the crown prince, even if the two came from powerful sects they had to give him face.

He had already come up with a plan. After catching up to them, he would act politely and probe their background. If their background was too powerful, he could only try his luck with the girl, but if their background were something whose consequences he could handle,  he would take the girl whether she was willing or not. It was not going to be the first time he had done that anyway.

The prince used his divine sense to scan the market, but it was all futile.

"How fast did they walk?" The prince wondered. He was getting hopeless by the minute. He was about to contact his guards to ask about their progress when he heard someone call him from behind.

"Your highness, I know where the people you are looking for are."

This sentence sparked the hope of the prince. He quickly turned around and saw a boy about his age wearing tattered clothes.

"Quickly tell me where they are, and I will reward you handsomely." The prince ordered the young man. He figured the boy had probably seen the situation at the shop and was fawning on him to climb up the social ladder.

"Your highness, please follow me. They passed through this alley. If you don't hurry up, they will be gone."

The prince didn't think much of this, anyway what could a little peasant do to him? He followed the boy through the corridor, and he was shocked with his findings.

"No wonder I couldn't find them." The prince muttered to himself as he surveyed the dark alley. He discovered a formation was set up that prevented what happened inside from being discovered. This only proved one point to him.

"Indeed, they must be weak, or why would they set up formations to prevent people from discovering them?" the prince was even more determined to get to Lin Feng and Mei Lin and take his prize, but suddenly the boy who was leading him stopped.

"What are you doing? If the people I'm looking for disappearing, don't think about keeping your dog life." The prince threatened.

"Hahaha...hahaha...hahaha!" A burst of almost hysterical laughter came from the boy, this creeped out the prince, and he started having doubts if he had been led into a trap.

"The heavens must have suddenly shown pity to me." The boy started muttering words that were incomprehensible to the prince.

The prince knew something was wrong. He jumped back while not letting his vigilance down. He then started moving back while facing the boy. Seeing the boy was not chasing him did not give him any comfort. This only proved the boy was sure he could not escape, and sure enough, his back struck something like a wall. Looking back, he saw a barrier, he tried attacking the barrier, but it was useless.

"Only a void transformation old monster could hope to use brute force to break the barrier, so don't waste your energy, for you will need it later." A cold voice reminded the prince.

"Do you know who I am? My guards will arrive soon so quickly dismantle the formation, and maybe I might put in a good word for you, and you will not be killed."  The prince spoke in a panic as the boy's voice sent chills down his spine.

"How did I call you when we met? So could you stop asking me stupid questions? I know exactly who you are. You should also know me.

Our friendship goes way back. Oh, and stop wasting time calling your guards, this place is an isolated space, so unless I die or I dismantle the formation, no one is getting out." The boy said calmly.

When the prince heard this, his face paled. Why did he send his guards away? Why did he not listen to the shopkeeper? Why did he crave beauty?

The prince knew he was not getting out of here easily. This time, he had kicked an iron plate.

"Let me tell you my story, your majesty, I was born in a family that was doing rather well, and a selfish king and his son destroyed it, and so I worked hard to seek justice for them, the end." The boy told of his sad story that forced him to seek strength.

"Who are you? " the prince asked.

"Weren't you listening? In that story, you are the prince, and I am the boy." The boy explained.

"I still don't remember you?"

"Hahahaha... don't worry, one does not remember the flies they swat." The boy replied with a crazy laugh.

"I have always been observing you. I know the meals you like, the friends you always walk with, and the type of girls you like to ruin. I know everything about you. I have been waiting for an opportunity to exert my revenge, but those annoying guards kept clinging to you. I was about to give up, but who would have thought the prince was an idiot? Who follows strangers to dark allies? You stupidly sent your guards away despite them not agreeing with the idea."

The boy continued.

"Today, only one of us walks out of here alive. The children begging, my parent's pain, do you remember them? They have been begging me to exert revenge for them. Today they must all be answered. I WON'T be satisfied if  this hatred is not washed away by drinking your blood and feasting on your flesh."

The prince's forehead was covered with fine beads of sweat. He finally remembered the families he had helped his father to slaughter. These were families that refused to join their royal family after they destroyed the Lin family.

" Don't worry, my cultivation base is the same as yours, so all hope is not lost, you can still fight, and maybe you will win." The boy told the prince indifferently.

Right now, the prince was like a drowning man who was flailing his arms everywhere to grasp a straw, so when he heard the boy's word, hope could be seen on his face, without wasting time, he went on the attack, the prince didn't dare to hold back, he circulated his qi to the maximum and concentrated it on his hand to form a tiger's claw, he aimed at the boy's neck and attacked mercilessly.

The claw was about to reach the boy when the prince saw something familiar.

"Where have I seen that person? Those clothes are strangely the same as mine, and why is he headless?" Those were the prince's last thoughts as he saw his decapitated body.

"Shit, the blood is going to waste."

When the boy saw the prince's blood spurting everywhere, he used his qi and circulated it to control the blood to enter his mouth. He then proceeded to lick the blood that was sprayed on the walls and ground. After finishing the blood, he went to the prince's body, and like an animal, he ate the flesh of the prince. Not even the brain was left. He sucked the grey stuff from the skull and swallowed the eyes. By the time he was done, only the bones were left.

"I am still not satisfied. There is still the king and his family left, no hurry. All this hatred will be repaid. hahaha, cough... cough." The boy laughed while he coughed out a tooth he had accidentally swallowed.

40