Chapter 13
1.2k 6 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the other side, Lin Feng and Mei Lin were preparing to head back home. 

"Young master, I have located them." An old man took out a jade slip and spoke into it.

"Young master..... ?" The man called out when there was no response. 

"Not good, something is wrong." The man took out another jade slip and spoke.

"Can you reach the young master?" the old man asked worriedly.

"Young master is dead, I was searching for the people the young master asked us to search for but his life plate suddenly broke, I traced his aura but I could only find bones." The voice replied.

"Shit, how are we going to explain to the king? Who would dare to assassinate the prince?" The man exclaimed in a dignified expression.

"Wait for me, I'm coming." The man said as he turned into a stream of light and went to his colleague's positions.

"My god who was so heartless?" When the man arrived he looked at the remains of the prince, he could clearly see that the flesh was eaten and it was definitely not a monster, not that the person who ate him was trying to hide it.

"Is this karma for the prince's shameless actions?" The old man thought of this and he couldn't help but shudder, every evil that the prince had committed, he helped him, so if this was karma what was going to happen to him?

"How should we explain this to the king?" His colleague asked with a face full of worry.

"Let's take the remains to the king and hope he doesn't blame us, besides since five years ago the king changed I don't think he cares about the prince." The old man answered.

"I think we should escape. Who knows what mood the king will be in? Even if he doesn't care, will he let his reputation be trampled?" The colleague tried to speak some sense to the old man.

"Don't be stubborn, if we run, isn't that the same as admitting guilt?" The man talked while pulling his colleague.

As the two bickered with one another, Lin Feng had already arrived at the small mountain, Lin Feng got off the boat and prepared to retrieve it when he saw Mei Lin also getting out of the boat.

"Are you not staying in the boat this time?" Lin Feng asked her, normally Mei Lin would spend almost all her day inside the boat only accompanying Lin Feng from time to time, so he was genuinely surprised when she followed him.

"Humph, are you forgetting your promise? And also I'm tired of staying inside that boat all day." Mei Lin replied to Lin Feng stubbornly.

"You can have all the wine you want as long as you don't pass out." Lin Feng replied to the light drinker with a smile, he knew she couldn't drink more than a sip.

 Lin Feng always wondered, was her drinking capacity so low or was his too high? To Lin Feng, the wine was just sweet, however Mei Lin would pass out the moment she took a sip.

Mei Lin nodded while pretending to be wronged, although she asked for the wine her main goal was to be with Lin Feng, on the matters of the wine how could she handle such powerful wine? She had only drunk the wine three times and her cultivation skyrocketed to unknown realms. She didn't know the realm she was currently in, to her, it was an achievement to drink a sip. 

Mei Lin followed Lin Feng who had already started walking to the house, Lin Feng took a seat then took out two cups and poured some wine into them, one cup was for obvious reason not filled, only a sip worth was poured.

Mei Lin sat next to Lin Feng and took the glass of wine and drank it, soon her complexion became rosy and she passed out on Lin Feng's shoulders.

Lin Feng had long expected the current development, so he carried her to his bed. Lin Feng looked at the sleeping Mei Lin as if he was pondering something but he walked out of the room.

Lin Feng failed to notice the slight smile on her face, in fact Mei Lin wasn't asleep, she deliberately pretended to pass out so that she could be carried and her plan was successful.

Lin Feng went to the store and took out some animal food he had prepared, he then went to the pond and poured some of it on the pond, Lin Feng observed as the fish tried to outdo each other in eating the most, he then went to the chicken coop and fed the chicken inside, he looked inside the chicken coop and smiled, he was basically getting the benefits of rearing chicken without the hard work involved, he didn't need to clean the coop as it was never dirty.

He remembered one day when he wanted to eat one of the chickens during the five year period, the chicken had actually formed tears and looked pitiful, Lin Feng sympathized and decided he would not eat his animals, though he didn't sympathize with their eggs, so he told his chicken to lay eggs for him and he wouldn't eat them. The chickens seemed to agree and they came to an agreement since then.

"Do you guys also want some food?" Lin Feng turned and asked the birds that were perched on the peach tree, Lin Feng remembered the birds had appeared out of nowhere, he started giving them food when they started to show interest, soon they transformed into a human form.

Lin Feng was not particularly surprised since he had already seen Mei Lin transform from a spirit, the only thing that had bothered him was they didn't have clothes on just like Mei Lin.

Lin Feng had suspected they had formed plans with her to appear in front of him like that to tease him. Lin Feng suppressed his desires and made them clothes. 

The phoenixes looked at Lin Feng, they wished they could transform into their human forms and stay by his side but they feared he might get irritated so they just stared at him. 

Seeing the birds were not responding Lin Feng left them alone and went and stood near a small hole on the ground, he poured the food  around the entrance of the hole, suddenly the food started disappearing at a speed visible to the eye and soon the food was gone all that was left was some red ants at the hole, Lin Feng walked away as that was a normal occurrence to him, what he always failed to notice was the ants bowing before disappearing inside the hole.

"I should also eat some food." Lin Feng muttered to himself, feeding his animals had made him hungry. 

51