Chapter 20
1k 7 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lin Feng and Mei Lin walked out of the shop. Mei Lin was happy as she could see using her divine sense how the shopkeeper met his end. Lin Feng, on the other hand, was displeased as he had not gotten any information.

Lin Feng figured that since there was a shop in the northern kingdom that sold everything, the south kingdom must also have such a shop. Lin Feng stopped a passerby and asked for directions to the largest shop in the southern kingdom.

Lin Feng and Mei Lin walked towards the direction they were told to go, soon they arrived at the front of a large shop which was buzzing with different activities.

The two walked inside the shop and were soon welcomed by a shopkeeper.

"Esteemed customers, is there anything you would like to buy?" The man asked.

"Yes, do you have a map?" Lin Feng asked.

"We have maps for all the kingdoms, we also have a map for the star, but it is more expensive than a normal map. Which one would you like?"

"Get the one for the star." Lin Feng answered the man after concluding that a star map was more useful in the long run.

The man walked to the inside of the shop, and he soon came back holding a  jade slip which he handed to Lin Feng.

"How much is it?" Lin Feng asked the shopkeeper.

"Fifty thousand high-grade spirit stones." The shopkeeper replied.

Lin Feng took out the required spirit stones and handed them to the man.

The shopkeeper took the spirit stones excitedly before keeping them in his space ring.

"Young master, do you need anything else?" The shopkeeper asked. He was unwilling to see Lin Feng go after buying only a map.

"No, that will be all." Lin Feng replied as they walked out of the shop.

Lin Feng took out the jade slip that contained the map and started to examine it.

"Forbidden land of Bing." Lin Feng suddenly spoke.

"Master, do you want to go to the forbidden land of Bing?" Mei Lin asked Lin Feng. She was not surprised by his choice since she had already guessed something like that. She took into account that they lived in a forbidden land, so Lin Feng must be interested in other forbidden lands.

"Is it dangerous?" Lin Feng asked Mei Lin after seeing the word forbidden.

Mei Lin was surprised with Lin Feng's question, was there anything that he could consider dangerous? Mei Lin didn't think there was anything that could endanger her master. In her eyes, he was omnipotent. It wasn't far-fetched for her to consider him her God since he had created her.

"Don't worry, master. It is not dangerous." Mei Lin answered Lin Feng honestly.

"Ok then, we should head there." Lin Feng told Mei Lin, he found it amusing for a place to be called forbidden, yet people could still go to the place. Was it due to another reason that it was being called forbidden? That was something he was going to find out.

While Lin Feng and Mei Lin were heading towards the forbidden land, the fatty arrived at the northern castle.

"Brother, what made you look so embarrassed?" Chu Fan asked him after seeing his miserable appearance.

"Don't worry about that. Here are the men I told you about." Fatty Zhang spoke while he pointed at the men he had brought with him.

"Greetings to his majesty!" The men the fatty had brought said in unison as they knelt.

"The strongest one of them has a cultivation base at the True element. The rest have a cultivation base at the nascent soul." The fatty spoke proudly.

"You are good at what you do. This force is enough to rival a middle force sect." Chu Fan spoke excitedly.

"Who do you think I am?" The fatty didn't miss a chance to praise himself.

"You still haven't told me who injured you." Chu Fan spoke seriously.

"Brother, that is not something we can mess with at our current strength." The fatty spoke with fear in his eyes, hoping Chu Fan would stop pursuing the matter.

"Don't worry brother, when I get stronger, I will ask for your revenge." Chu Fan spoke while clenching his fists, almost tearing his flesh.

Chu Fan never considered his sworn brother to have antagonized anyone, so it must be the other party. Since his family was destroyed, he had found a mysterious technique that skyrocketed his cultivation. Since then, he has lived with only one rule.

"If anyone offends my loved ones or me, I will repay one hundred times, and if anyone does good to me, I will repay ten times." Chu Fan chanted his guiding principle in an inaudible voice.

Behind them, an old man was sneering, he had wanted to quit after seeing the fatty's stupidity despite his multiple warnings, but now he wanted to see how the other idiot was going to ask for revenge. The old man had a particular trait that could sense the danger others could cause him. This unique sense had allowed him to survive multiple situations, including encounters with immortals. Earlier, he had failed to detect any danger from the boat. This was a situation he had never encountered. Usually, either someone was dangerous, or the danger someone gave him was something he could handle. What made it more dangerous was that the situation was akin to getting betrayed by your family members after trusting them with your life, you never see it coming.

It was only when the boat attacked that he felt the danger. He had been lucky the seniors didn't put them on their faces. Otherwise, he would be a dead man.

While others were planning their revenge, Lin Feng and Mei Lin had arrived at the entrance of the forbidden land.

"Who are those people?" Below the boat, some guards spotted Lin Feng's boat.

"Do they want to enter the forbidden land?" Another guard spoke.

"How many have tried but still failed? This is going to be a good show."

The guards spoke excitedly. They had been stationed at the entrance by the southern king to report any change the forbidden land had. Their only source of entertainment was people who came to try to enter the forbidden land. They liked how they looked hopeless after finding it impossible to enter.

While the guards were speaking, they saw the boat enter the forbidden land without any hindrance.

"How is it possible?" One guard could not believe his eyes.

"Not good, we have to report to his majesty." One guard spoke as he turned into a stream of light and disappeared.

The southern castle was bigger and grander than the northern castle. The king was currently arguing with a girl who appeared to be eighteen years of age.

"No matter how old you get, I will still be your father, and as your father, the choices I make are naturally for your good." The king spoke in a tone that denied any argument.

"Father, I don't want to succeed you. Why don't you choose one of my brothers or sisters?" The girl asked helplessly.

"Your brothers and sisters only know how to waste their lives. If it were not for your young age, your cultivation would have already surpassed them." The king spoke in a regretful tone, he had sired many kids, but only one turned out to be promising.

"That is your fault. If you had raised them properly instead of having more children, one of them would have satisfied you." The girl spoke with anger in her voice, all she wanted was to have a peaceful life and cultivate, yet her father kept pushing her to succeed him. This was not the life she wanted.

"This is what I'm talking about. You can see my flaws and point them out. Now imagine doing that to the whole kingdom." The king spoke with excitement.

At this moment, a stream of light descended and knelt in front of the king.

"Your majesty, permission to speak."

"Is anything wrong with the forbidden land?" The king asked with worry after recognizing the guard as one of the guards stationed at the forbidden land.

"Yes, your majesty, someone managed to enter the forbidden land." The guard replied to the king.

"What! How is it possible?" The king shouted in shock.

The guard explained to the king the appearance of the boat and how it entered the forbidden land.

The king was even more confused. Initially, he thought it was the lord of the forbidden land, but he ruled that out. There was no way the lord of the forbidden land would manage to out if the forbidden land and keep a low profile, let alone go back in with his initiative.

"Let's go and see." The king, finding no possible answer, decided to go and investigate. Behind him, his daughter followed as the matter had piqued her curiosity.

46