Chapter 32
609 4 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lin Feng wanted to reply to Jin Yuanjun's question but was interrupted by the voice.

"Then where should I go?" Lin Feng asked the voice.

[You need to arrive at the town, I will direct you to the place]

The voice answered him.

Lin Feng was satisfied with the answer, he turned to Jin Yuanjun and answered her

"I think I have somewhere to go."

Jin Yuanjun was surprised by Lin Feng's answer, wasn't he supposed to be new to this star? So how did he find a place to stay? She was unaware of the voice communicating with Lin Feng as, according to her, Lin Feng was only silent for a brief moment before answering her.

"Aren't you new to this planet? How did you find a place to stay?" Jin Yuanjun asked in a panic. This was supposed to be her chance to connect with him. Her thoughts were chaotic, that she forgot her questions were a little bit out of place for a stranger nonetheless.

Lin Feng didn't mind her excessive questions as she was currently helping him. Having no other way to explain his strange circumstances to her, he decided to come clean.

" It is a voice in my head that told me to do so." Lin Feng responded to her with a weird answer.

Jin Yuanjun was shocked by the weird answer. She calmed down after a possibility crossed her mind.

'Is the voice one of those powerful old monsters that died and try to help wastes that are being looked down upon by their sects?'

Jin Yuanjun thought her conjecture was plausible. Her mother had told her stories of powerful cultivators that were initially wastes that couldn't cultivate and were helped by a remnant will of a powerful old monster that manifested in the form of voices.

From what she had heard, these cultivators would usually start a face-slapping spree after being denied the corner seat in a random restaurant. She looked at  Lin Feng and sighed in relief. There was no way such an innocent-looking face would start provoking clans, right?

She was going to make sure of it by staying by his side and guiding him when the voice led him astray.

"Can I come with you?" Jin Yuanjun suddenly asked Lin Feng, she knew her request was too much, but in this world, there was no place for missed opportunities, in her case, she wanted to know more about Lin Feng, if she missed the chance, she knew she would never see him again, so her requests became bold.

Lin Feng had no objections to her tagging along, so he responded positively to her request.

After their conversation, silence prevailed in the small space as everyone had their different thoughts.

Lin Feng was thinking about what surprise the voice was preparing for him. Jin Yuanjun visioned her future with Lin Feng. If it weren't for the thoughts of her father breaking them up, she would be smiling silly.

The maid beside her wondered how her young miss was falling in love too quickly while sizing up Lin Feng if he was a threat.

The beast beside Lin Feng was soundly sleeping like a good dog. No one would believe it was an unimaginable existence that dominated the entire beast plane with an iron paw.

While everyone was lost in their thoughts, the carriage came to a smooth stop.

"Young miss, we have arrived at Zimen city." The coachman announced.

Jin Yuanjun peeked out of the carriage. She could see other carriages arriving in the town. The carriages formed a small queue in front of the town's entrance awaiting their inspection. Soon it was their turn. The guards did a careless check as their carriage was as ordinary as they came. Anyway, these carriages belonged to non-cultivators or low-level cultivators, so they saw no need for a thorough inspection. The check was mainly done to get the merchants to pay gold coins and spirit stones to the greedy city lord.

After the coachman paid their share, the gates were opened, allowing them entry. The city was bustling with activities as the merchants and shoppers moved from shop to shop. The coachman treaded the carriage carefully on the only narrow path that allowed passage.

Soon, the number of people started to reduce, prompting the coachman to increase the speed. He needed to arrive at the Zimen sect before sunset lest they miss the disciple selection ceremony.

Lin Feng ignored their arrival at the city as he was busy communicating with the voice.

"Young miss, we have arrived at the Zimen sect."

The coachman announced with a sigh of relief. He knew if they arrived after the sunset, then the blame would fall on him.

Lin Feng and the others walked out of the carriage. The Zimen sect was as one would expect from a powerful sect.

It was located in a separate landmass that floated idly on air. A massive gate with the words Zimen written in bold symbolized the entrance. White mist surrounded the floating land preventing anyone from peeping inside. The only thing that connected the floating land to the mainland was a frail bridge that also seemed to be floating.

Jin Yuanjun knew the mist resulted from a powerful formation set up by the mysterious sect master of the Zimen sect. She had also read the formation was powerful enough to stop anyone below the god realm from flying above the sect.

Jin Yuanjun knew the sect elder's power was strong enough to rival her father, perhaps stronger than her father? She wasn't sure about that. All she knew was the sect master could stop her father from marrying her to the infamous son of heaven provided she showed her heaven-defying talent, which she had confidence in. After all, not everyone could be one step away from entering the immortal realm at seventeen. At least that was her plan until she met Lin Feng.

Since the Zimen sect could only accept female disciples, she discarded the thought of joining. She had been thinking of a way to convince Lin Feng to escape with her to another starfield. That way, she didn't have to worry about her father locating them and ruining her plans.

Lin Feng was oblivious to the young lady's thoughts. He was following the voice's instructions which wanted to teleport him to the place where he was supposed to stay.

"Young lady Jin, are you coming?'

Lin Feng asked Jin Yuanjun with a stretched-out hand prompting her to look away with a blush.

Jin Yuanjun dismissed the coachman with a space ring filled with spiritual stones. The coachman bowed to show his last service to the great Jin family. The spiritual stones were enough to support him for a long time.

Jin Yuanjun then walked and received Lin Feng's outstretched hand. Suddenly, thick darkness appeared out of thin air and covered Lin Feng Jin Yuanjun and the maid.

The two ladies felt an eerie feeling as the darkness enveloped them and the scenery around them changed.

Don't forget to leave a 💜 or a rating and review. It really helps.

Also for early access, visit my Patreon.

35