Chapter 37
443 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
press that 💜

While the wheels of the new universe were finally getting in motion, millions of light-years away from it, a distance that would take a god cultivator millions of years to travel. If the dangerous, chaotic energy outside the universe didn't kill them first, another universe's wheel was also starting to turn.

If Mei Lin were here, she would recognize this universe as her birth universe. One of the millions of stars that constituted its star populations was the culprit for the change inside the universe.

"You two old farts, are you going to help me or not?"

An old man whose hair had already started to turn white spoke. His long white beard matched his white Daoist robes.

"Old Cheng, don't be impatient. We old men know the importance of patience."

An old man said with a huge smile on his face.

"Yes, yes, how do you expect the younger generations to act if you're so impatient? Aren't you ashamed of calling yourself an old man?"

Another old man said while pretending to be stern.

Li Cheng lei looked at the two old men behind him, and he cursed himself.

'Where did I even meet these guys?' Li Cheng lei thought to himself. He knew old Yun and old man Lu were doing this as revenge for when he earlier deliberately refused to tell them the way to make the gifts from the senior accept them.

Currently, they were preparing to enter the mortal realm. Entering the mortal realm was not an easy task. One needed to be at least an immortal venerable or have the same energy levels as one.

To enter the mortal realm, you would then need to locate one of the many gates that connected the immortal realm to the mortal realm. After discovering the gate, one would need to circulate their qi and try to open the gate. The only problem was the gate had a ridiculous amount of weight.

Li Cheng lei had calculated that the three of them should have the same energy level as an immortal venerable. Who would've thought that the other old men would choose this as a time to repay him?

The other two old men had somehow managed to trick him into opening the gate with the promise that they would help him if things start to get complicated.

His current situation was the same as someone carrying a very heavy load on their back. They could neither put it down nor continue carrying it.

"Ok, how about this? I will give you each a bottle of my wine."

Li Cheng lei said with a bitter expression. He knew this was the initial goal of the old men. His wine was famous among many high-level cultivators, and after waiting for more than one thousand years, it was finally ready. There was no way these two old foxes didn't know about it.

"What? Your wine is already ready?."

Old Yun said while pretending this to be news to him.

"Old Cheng, you should have said this earlier, or did you want to drink it all to yourself?"

Old man Lu said with a satisfied smile while moving forward to help his old friend, who was starting to get tired.

Old Yun stepped forward, circulated his qi, and aimed it at the huge bronze gate separating the immortal territory from the mortal realm.

With the power of the three old men, the gate started showing signs of opening.

*Creak*

The old gate let out a creaking sound as it slowly opened, much to the despair of the old men.

"NOW!"

Li Cheng lei shouted once the gate opened a little.

*Whoosh*

Sounds of the three men rushing against the wind could be heard.

*Bang!*

A loud slamming sound could be heard after the three old men rushed through the gate.

"This gate is very fierce."

Old Yun commented while wiping the sweat on his forehead.

The others nodded to show they agreed with old Yun.

"Old Cheng, where to next?"

Old man Lu asked Li Cheng lei after they calmed down.

"Follow me."

While removing a long fancy sword from his space ring, Li Cheng lei said. The sword enlarged and floated in the air. Li Cheng lei wasted no time and hopped on it.

He poured his qi into it, and the sword rushed wildly to the skies.

The other two old men also released their flying swords from their rings. The swords didn't lose in terms of beauty to the one of Li Cheng lei. After their swords had enlarged, they hopped on and followed behind Li Cheng lei.

..

At the San Luo market, inside the biggest shop in the whole of the northern territory, an old man was smiling from ear to ear. The old man kept looking at the sky as if he was expecting someone or something to fall from it.

This old man was Li Cheng lei's son, Li Cheng. He knew his father was supposed to come today, so he was happy to see him finally. The last time he had seen him was a couple of years back. Since his talent was nonexistent, he decided to visit the mortal territory to open a business to avoid embarrassment to his parents.

"Xiao Cheng, why aren't you already paying respect when I come to visit?"

Li Cheng's thoughts were interrupted by a booming voice that he recognized very well. He rushed out of his shop and cupped his fist.

"Xiao Cheng pays respect to father emperor and the exalted martial uncles."

Li Cheng said with a slight bow.

"Little Cheng, why are you so polite? We are all one family."

Old man Lu said while getting off his sword to greet his friend's child.

"I don't dare."

Li Cheng stubbornly refused to skip formalities.

"Stop speaking nonsense and let us in."

Li Cheng lei spoke while looking at the shop that his son had managed to create. He had to agree, though he lacked cultivation talent, he was a great businessman.

"Please come into my little house."

Li Cheng spoke with modesty after hearing his father's words.

The three old men followed Li Cheng into the shop. It didn't take them long to see the table that Li Cheng already set up. They each took a seat around the table.

"Xiao Cheng, do you know why we are here?"

Li Cheng lei started with a question.

"Yes, father, you're here to visit the expert."

Li Cheng said while pouring tea into three cups.

"Yes, as you've said, we are here to visit him, but we don't know where he is."

Li Cheng lei continued and then looked at his son. He was expecting him to tell him how they could reach him.

It finally dawned on Li Cheng. He didn't know where Lin Feng lived, and how was he supposed to know? Lin Feng usually visits him and never engages in small talks.

"I have no idea where the senior lives."

Li Cheng answered truthfully.

Li Cheng lei looked at his son, and his worst fears were confirmed. He had guessed that Li Cheng probably didn't know where the senior lived.

"Old Cheng, how are we supposed to visit the senior now?"

Old Yun spoke up after hearing the father and son conversation.

"We will have to figure it out somehow."

Li Cheng lei said. Now he felt how the younger generation always felt when he acted to be mysterious. It was something that he usually does to the sect disciples. Instead of saying something clearly, he usually does it in proverbs. After all, how was he supposed to entertain himself?

"How are we going to do that?"

Old man Lu chimed in at the conversation.

"There must be a clue that the senior left, all we have to do is to spot it."

Li Cheng lei said.

"Xiao Cheng, why don't you tell us about your encounters with the senior?"

Li Cheng lei addressed his son.

Don't forget to leave a rating.

Also visit my Patreon to support me.

21