Chapter 49
359 5 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Press that 💜

Tian Longwei pushed the mighty door, but it failed to open; something was blocking his entry, maybe a barrier? 

"Why is there a barrier here?" Tian Longwei grew frustrated by the second. As far as he could remember, no barriers existed in the particular building.

Tian Longwei, in a fit of rage, was tempted to force his way in, but something stopped him in his tracks. His last bit of rationality warned that his actions would be of no return. It was then that he decided to think clearly, why was the Dark god repairing a building? He wasn't just bored, right? Also, where did his statues go?

Realization dawned on the pitiful man. Something had changed while he was away. But what it was, he could only wait to find out later.

"Even if major changes has occurred, I don't care as long as my face is fixed," Tian Longwei muttered and sat in a lotus posture and entered a meditative state. He would wait until the door was opened.

***

"So that's how it went," a serene otherworldly voice sounded in the room of white. A maiden beautiful as nature stood close to a window and observed the setting sun as colors of orange and yellow filled her delicate vision and reflected on her pale face.

Behind her, another beauty politely stood. She had her plus points, fiery eyes, and naughty expression, but nothing close to the otherworldly beauty before her.

These two were Mu Lei and Cui Hong. After arriving at the new headquarters, Cui Hong quickly relayed the results to Mu Lei, who for some reason didn't look like she wanted to be there.

Suddenly, Mu Lei moved, and Cui Hong followed. They walked through the halls of white devoid of people. The walls earnestly reflected the tiniest ray of light and made the halls brighter. If a mortal were to tread the halls, only blinding would await. A specific cultivation base was required to walk the halls unscathed.

It didn't take long before the two arrived at a crossroad. Instead of them choosing a path, they continued onwards to the white wall. Mu Lei fished out a talisman and placed it near the wall, various patterns and symbols shone brighter than ever, and a door opened.

*Fush!*

Escaping air sounded as the two walked in, and the heavy iron door slowly closed behind them, Mu Lei flickered her wrist, and Light descended into the room. Before their very eyes, a comatose old man laid.  A pressuring aura emanated from the old man. One look was enough to tell he was dangerous.

Cui Hong flinched as the pressure descended on her and a few droplets of sweat populated her pale forehead.

"Can you handle it?" Mu Lei nonchalantly asked.

"Yes, I can, Emissary," Cui Hong responded as she straightened her knees.

Mu Lei no longer paid attention to the girl that was Cui Hong. She turned and narrowed her eyes at the sleeping body before her, "Old man, why don't you wake up!" She barked at the old man.

The comatose body exhibited movement, and as if the command he just received was supreme, he opened his eyes.

"It is you?" The old man saw the otherworldly girl standing before her, but the current situation didn't allow her to appreciate her beauty. He looked at the face and remembered the events that led to the current situation. He had come to the light church to ask for explanations but fell into a trap. And the last thing he saw was the girl before him.

"Indeed it is I," Mu Lei's apathetic gaze made the Light god flinch.

I am a god. Wait until I break free from these chains and my debts... I will ask for. The Light god thought as he examined what exactly was keeping him from moving. He used his inner vision, and at a glance, he detected the issue. An ancient convoluted seal restricted access to his dantian. His eyesight traveled intending to explore further, but he was forcefully ejected from the state of self-examination.

*Cough**Cough*

The Light god coughed blood as the forceful ejection was harmful, "W-What.. d-did...y-you... d-do?" The Light god trembled.

"So you finally understand your predicament?" Mu Lei smiled at the old man, "first, let me warn you, trying to forcefully remove the seal is futile," Mu Lei watched as the Light god waited expectantly for the following words. "Should you force it, though the seal can't kill you, it will make you a cripple. I wonder how your soul will fare without energy to support it."

The Light god finally understood what was going on. The breath the seal exuded told him it was more ancient than him, who had lived for more than 30 million years. The Light god then turned his gaze towards Mu Lei. She, too, gave off an ancient breath confusing the old man.

Is she hiding her cultivation? If her breath is older than mine, the Light god questioned, then how is she still a saint? The Light god's questions were destined to remain unanswered.

"Who are you, and what do you want from me?" The Light god sighed and asked.

Cui Hong turned her attention to Mu Lei. She, too, was curious about Mu Lei's origin. Sure she was the emissary of Light, but what exactly was the Light? Was it a conscious entity? Was it a belief? She didn't know and was curious about it.

"What I am, matters not. What is important is you heed my commands, and all will be well," Mu Lei's answer made the curious Cui Hong disappointed while the Light god showed fear.

"Then what do you want?" The Light god asked. Since he was in a predicament already, he wouldn't act like a child and cower in fear. He was a god, and it wasn't just in name.

As expected of a god, Mu Lei praised the Light god's formidable will. "All I want from you is your power of a god," Mu Lei got to the point.

"Denied," the Light god denied the matter and closed his eyes, no longer paying attention to the matter.

"It is all right to refuse," if Mu Lei was affected by the Light god's answer, then her face didn't show it as she remained apathetic, "I can't handle you now, but in the future that would change, " Mu Lei said as she turned to walk out of the room. "Ooh, I will send the high priest to console your grieving wife."

The Light god's eyes that remained close shot open at Mu Lei's words, " WAIT! You witch if you dare lay your hands on my woman," the Light god barked, regret shone on his bloodshot eyes. He had been warned about forming attachments that could be used against him, but after becoming a god, he discarded the rule and married a wife, and fell hopelessly in love. The Light god felt that Mu Lei was bluffing, but he didn't dare wager on it with his beautiful wife on the line.

"Oh, do you have something to say?" Mu Lei halted and turned to face the struggling old man.

"I'll do it!" The Light god shouted, and the moment the words left his mouth, the ancient seal moved from his dantian to his brain.

"With the universe as a witness, your power now belongs to me, intent against me or my cause will lead to instant death!"

Mu Lei's words made the Light god shudder. He had expected this but not to this extent. His sealed power returned to him, and he hurried to his feet.

"You're free to go, but should I require your service, you will instantly avail yourself," Mu Lei's parting words sounded on the Light god's ears, but he could care less. What he needed was to see his wife. He summoned his qi and used a fast movement technique to depart from the new Light church headquarters.

Hey, I was hoping you'd spare me a moment. If you've read this far, then you must've spotted persisting issues or improvements. If you have, please write me a review so that I can improve. Rating also helps but not as much as a review.

Also, if you have spare change you can read early access Here.  

11