Chapter 2: Aaron
126 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I just realised I make so many mistakes while writing I used Grammarly but if you see any mistakes feel free to point out my mistakes.

Later, after a good night's sleep, he woke up to the blinding sun. He yawned, wiped his teary eyes then stretched his arms. Then sat up and hunted. After he ate he was going to continue walking in a random direction. But, as soon as he turned around to walk he bumped into a blue-haired girl.

"Ah" she yelled in a frightened tone

She fell to the ground but quickly got up and hid behind him. Then she yelled and thrust her finger to something slithering in the grass.

"Snake!"

I shook my head and stopped my confused state and got in my battle stance. I had no idea if this snake was poisonous or not so I just shot an icicle at it. The icicle pierced the snake through its head and after I shot two more to make sure it was dead I turned around and asked warily.

"Who are you?"

"Ah sorry about that the snake was chasing me and I was scared. Also, my name is Wendy, Wendy Marvell."

She said in a hurry then asked

"What's your name?"

My mind froze, I had no idea what my name was. Then after thinking about it for a while I suddenly got a memory of that same mature man carrying me in his arms and saying.

"Aaron you are the last of our entire race. You have to carry on our races will and &@;#**# "

His voice started cutting out and getting more muffled as he spoke but, at least now he knew.

"Hello?"

A childish voice suddenly interrupted his thoughts.

He turned to Wendy and simply said.

"Aaron, my name is Aaron."

"That's a nice name Brother ah!, can I call you that?. 

"Sure I don't mind"

I chucked and started thinking she was pretty cute and started to smile a bit.

After that, her eyes started to tear up and she asked timidly.

"B-brother I'm lost have you seen a big dragon around here her name is Grandina?"

Aaron looked at Wendy and he saw her saddened yet hopeful expression and couldn't help but want to cheer her up. He then spoke gently.

Aaron: "No I haven't seen her but I can help you look for her if you want."

Wendy looked up at me and started sniffling then jumped on me giving me a tight hug

"Waaaaaaa thank youuu!"

[AN: IDK why but I thought of heavy from TF2 crying when I wrote this part.]

I was surprised she trusted me so easily. 

I need to teach her not to trust people so easily

Wait 

Aren't I worse after all I just met her and offered help? I don't even know if she can be trusted even if she is a child I know that looks can be deceiving.

But, while hugging her I felt a warmth that I have never felt before. After being alone for so long with nothing but me, myself, and I. I wondered what this feeling was it felt comfortable and I liked it. I'll allow myself to trust her even if it may hinder me along the way. 

After a good 5 minutes of hugging, I started feeling a little awkward. 

"Wendy, can you let go?" I asked

She looked up at me and said in a pleading voice.

"Okay, but you won't leave me right? after all you promised you would help me search for Grandina."

"I won't I promise."

She reluctantly let go of me and asked.

"I forgot to ask you this but how old are you brother?"

"I am 11 years old how old are you?

Pouting Wendy said 

"Brother your never supposed to ask a girl her age"

"Why?"

Wendy had a blank look on her face then a confused face.

"I don't know but still don't do it! I'll tell you though im 8"

"Ok ok I won't ask for a girls age...probably"

He whispered the last part under his breath.

"So what do we do now?"

Wendy asked

"Don't worry I have a plan"

I gave a small smirk and a thumbs up.

Wendy was curious and asked

"What is?"

"We walk in a random direction until we find people."

"........"

Wendy gave a deadpan face and said 

"That's your plan?"

To which I responded with a serious gaze

"Do we have another choice?"

She went silent after that and just shook her head and we continued walking.

"Grrrrrrr"

I heard a growl and got ready to fight. I looked to my right to make sure wendy was okay and saw her face was beet red. 

"Are you hungry? I asked

She simply nodded in response and kept her head down.

Then I got an idea

"Do you know any magic?"

"Yes I know wind dragon slayer  magic"

"Okay let's go see how good you are at using it."

"Un" she nodded

We walked around to look for an animal to eat.

About 4 minutes later we heard a rustling from the bushes in front of us and a rabbit jumped out. I quickly yelled 

"Wendy"

"Hai"

Then a magic circle appeared in front of her and she yelled

[Sky dragon roar!] Wind in the form of a whirlwind flowed out and quickly hit the rabbit. The rabbit flew back and hit the tree with a few cuts on its body. However, it didn't give up and did the smartest choice it could.

Run Away!

When it turned to run it felt unimaginable cold and its vision quickly turned black.

"Good job wendy"

"Thanks, brother, but why is your ice tinted light black?"

"It's because my magic is special now get ready to eat."

I made a knife out of metal magic and cut the fur off the rabbit.

I then made some fire to cook the rabbit and made sure to cook it for less time than I did before.

"Wendy try it and tell me how it is"

"Un"

She then took a bite out of it

"*Munch* its ok brother but it tastes plain"

"Olay ill work on that go ahead and take your time because that's all for today we're going to sleep after." 

"Why? The sun barely went down?"

"Because we got a long day tomorrow because were gonna look for Grandina"

As soon as I mention Grandina she suddenly had a resolute gaze and said.

"Okay goodnight brother"

"Goodnight Wendy"

Sleep slowly came as I was thinking about all that happened today. I smiled as remembered Wendy as I now had one more mouth to feed. I also knew I wasn't lonely anymore.

5