Chapter 3: Little Talk During A Long Walk
164 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the middle of the forest. You could see a 12-year-old boy with black hair and red eyes cutting his hair with a sharp knife.

"Haaa that's a relief short hair feels much better."
The boy was Aaron and he cut his waist-long hair that had been growing for years to short hair.

"I should hurry up and go back I don't want Wendy to wake up and worry about me not being there."
After, saying that to himself he went back and woke up Wendy. He shook her a little bit.

"hmmm"

"Wake up Wendy

"Just a little longer I'm tired."

"*sigh* fine I'll wake you up in a bit."

Aaron gave up for a bit and went to practice his death magic. He had thought about it for a while and decided he would still use death magic. While it was dangerous it had an equally amazing award. He also knew while he was in that weird state he would hurt Wendy so he made sure to practice far away from her.
*crack* *crack*

Aaron stopped walking, as did the sound of crunching leaves under his feet. He was standing 5 feet in front of a river. He noticed the more power the. Animals wore that he killed the better his comprehension was. For example, if he used death magic on a tree he would get more of an understanding of death rather than killing a single blade of grass because the magic power in a tree is more than the magic power in a blade of grass. However, he would get the repercussion faster the more he killed things with high magic power. He decided to practice on the trees as he thought he was far enough from Wendy.
[Death trail] familiar black smoke shot out of his hand killing all of the grass in the way of the trees till it eventually hit and engulfed the tree in death. He then continued doing this till the black veins popped from his hand again but, this time the gray skin and black veins covered his entire arm.
"AHHH"
His breath turned haggard and he felt like he needed to take the life of everything needed.
HE WANTED POWER AND KILLING EVERYTHING HERE WOULD GIVE HIM THAT.
He went on a rampage and killed everything around him then he heard a voice.

"Brother?"

He stopped and turned around and there was Wendy.
He immediately tried to stop killing everything and luckily he had satiated his magic enough and the black veins and gray skin on his arm receded. He turned around and asked.

"Wendy, what are you doing here? "

"I wanted to look for you brother. Why did your hand look like that are you okay.?"
She asked worriedly

"of course am, it's a part of my magic, and don't worry it won't harm me."
I lied on the second half of the sentence because I didn't want her to worry. I knew I was playing with dangerous magic but I needed the power I craved it. However, no matter what I would never try to hurt my family or friends willingly.

"Hey, let's continue our search for a town."

"Ok brother but if anything is wrong you can tell me "

I nodded

"un I will, don't worry."
We started walking again and I asked

"How was your life with Grandina?"
As soon as I asked that question her eyes seemed to shine and she was full of joy
"Grandina was amazing I love her like she is my own mother! there were times when I would be so exhausted after she taught me magic that I'd pass out and when I wakeup she'd always be super caring, have food ready for me, and sit next to me to make sure I was okay. . "
I smiled and said
"She sounds like an amazing dragon I can't wait to meet her."
She nodded and yelled
"Un I can't wait to introduce you to her she'll be super happy to meet someone as kind as you brother. "we spent the rest of the day walking and talking about her life and how Grandina was.

When night came Wendy was super tired and we both laid down when Wendy timidly said.
"Brother, can I sleep with you tonight?"
"Why Wendy"
I asked curiously

"talking about Grandina made me remember that we would always sleep right next to each other"
She said reminiscently with a hint of sadness.
I just smiled and said
"Of course you can sleep next to me"
"Okay excuse me then brother"

She then laid next to me and I felt like I needed to pat her head. So that's exactly what I did I raised my hand and patted her head while she just smiled and dozed off. Life was good with Wendy but I needed to get rid of her. When I was using my magic today I felt like I would do anything for power and If she didn't call out to me I might have hurt her and I didn't want that. In the middle of my thoughts, I dont know when But, I slowly embraced my sleepiness and went to sleep.

3