Chapter 31: A pleasant Night
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The evening was marvelous from that point on and Ka was quickly able to relax. It was surprisingly entertaining to listen to the stories of traders and merchants, with the occasional pause for dancers to entertain. When midnight arrived, everyone gathered in the gardens while the priests led a ceremony to the gods. Then Re and his friends were free to return to the storytellers for the rest of the night.

They wandered some, from one speaker to another, listening to myths of foreign cultures and tales of traveling the trade routes. Re even consented to listening to a general tell “a boring story about the front” before wandering off, his friend group trailing after him. He finally settled again in the very back of the room beside a young merchant man. He was sitting among several rough-woven rugs and bright, colorful outfits. An elderly woman wearing a similar outfit was seated beside him, smiling a largely toothless smile as she enjoyed the party foods offered to her.

Re and his friends filled the cushions around this pair as the merchant greeted them eagerly and with reverence. He began to talk almost right away, introducing his companion as Kungsan, a grandmother from the mountain kingdoms he traded with. Then he turned to the woman and after a moment she began to speak. Her voice was slow and craggy, quietly beginning to tell of her life while the merchant translated. They told of a land higher than the clouds, breathtakingly cold but striking in its beauty.

The men listening were only giving half of their attention, flirting with the dancers they had pulled onto their laps, eating and drinking heavily even this late into the night. Re had a lovely servant on either side, feeding him fruits and other treats while he listened and watched those around him. Ka was enjoying similar treatment, sitting in front of the prince and leaning towards the storytellers as they spoke. The translator was barely needed and Ka was entranced watching the woman speak with her hands, making broad and obvious gestures as she described her life and travels.

When the woman finally finished, Ka sat up properly to applaud her. He jumped slightly and turned when Re clapped as well. Then the redhead met his eyes with another smile before he lifted a hand to cover his yawn. “I think it may be time to return,” he said and glanced around his friends. He chuckled, noting his friend Crae as well as Harim had drifted to sleep on the cushions. Vinit had managed to catch a cute male dancer and the pair were starting to kiss and play around. Anki himself had disappeared at some point, taking a female dancer somewhere for a bit more privacy. “Tamul,” he said and the captain nodded and climbed to his feet.

“It is very late, we should return for the night,” Tumul said quietly as he shook Harim awake. The young guard yawned widely, but quickly stood as well. Then both looked around to find Elia had taken up a spot by the wall. She was awake and waved to show she saw, but it seemed Rina had fallen asleep as well, curled up against the smaller woman’s side. Tamul nodded and pushed Harim lightly towards them. “Make sure the ladies get home safe.”

“Of course,” Harim said with a sleepy bow. “You be safe too, my lord,” he added with another sleepy bow towards the prince.

Re chuckled at him slightly, but he nodded as he stood as well. Toshan was beside him to help, catching the prince as he stumbled a bit. Re only chuckled more and declared, “This has been fantastic fun.” Those friends that were aware enough agreed with the redhead and voiced their own approval of the night. Then they gave partings as Re turned to look down at Ka. “Are you asleep as well?” he asked in a teasing voice.

Ka laughed and shook his head. “No, nawyet.” Ka lifted one hand to his head, frowning as the world wobbled and spun a bit. He had clearly failed in his attempt not to get drunk. He struggled to stand, groping his hand out blindly for aid. Toshan was quickly there to help and once Ka was on his feet, Prince Re stepped beside him to help the scribe keep his balance. “Thanks,” he mumbled, slightly embarrassed.

Re just chuckled again, leading the way with Toshan and Tamul flanking them. “Too much beer,” he said lightly. “I will get you home.”

“I c’n still walk,” Ka argued, though he was having some trouble with the task.

As they left the grand home, Re pulled him closer and Ka stumbled a bit before leaning into his side. The prince smiled and slid his arm around the other’s shoulders. “You had fun tonight.”

He didn’t really say it as a question, but Ka still answered, “Yes, I really did.”

“Good,” the prince said and chuckled again, pleased. “Then tonight was a success. What was your favorite thing?”

Ka thought a little about that as they stumbled along the quiet road. “The last storyteller,” he finally decided. “The old foreign lady, she was amazing. How she described it all!” He lifted his hands, one after another as if climbing a wall, imitating how the old woman had moved. “Tall, tall mountains as far as you can see, covered in white . . .” one hand settled onto Re’s chest briefly, tugging at his still-pristine white top before he grew quiet again.

Re put his hand over Ka’s, but he let the scribe pull it away after a moment. “It was fun to listen to tales,” Re said as they reached the palace again and guards let the little group inside. “I very much enjoyed seeing the foreign things. However as always, my favorite thing was the food.”

“Gods,” Tamul muttered in agreement. “Anki’s house always has the best food, really.”

Unfortunately this turn in the conversation made Ka’s stomach turn in a less pleasant way. He groaned slightly and turned away, pulling away from Re’s arm and the redhead’s warmth. The prince responded with concern and tugged him back. There was little doubt as to the problem based on the scribe’s expression. Re made another noise of concern and muttered a quiet, “This way,” before guiding the brunet into one of the small open gardens. They made it to a tree before Ka bent double and emptied his stomach. Re stayed beside him, rubbing his back soothingly. “You really did have too much beer.”

Ka answered this with another groan, shutting his eyes as the world spun around him. He heard Toshan encourage them on and then Tamul and Re both helped him to stand again. “Just get to bed and you can sleep it off,” the captain encouraged them.

Prince Re sent his servant ahead to prepare for them. He stayed by Ka’s side while they climbed the stairs and slowly stumbled through the halls. “At least you had fun,” he encouraged the scribe as he stroked the man’s back.

Ka did nod agreement, but he could only groan again unhappily. He was going to lose it again and shut his eyes in an attempt to hold it off. He could hear the others moving somewhat frantically around him. Someone helped him kneel and Ka opened his eyes to see the chamberpot, which he bent over quite gratefully.

“I can take care of him from here,” Re said to his friend.

“I’ll still be here as well,” Toshan assured and Tamul slowly stood to take his leave with just a quiet parting.

“Set up his bed,” Re directed his servant before turning his attention back to Ka. “Any better?”

Ka groaned again. He sat up properly, then slumped sideways against Prince Re. The world was still spinning, but his stomach felt a bit better. “I’m okay,” he finally murmured without moving.

Re brushed his hair back then slid his hand down the other’s arm. “You will feel better in the morning. Come, to bed.” Slowly the prince stood and guided Ka to stand. Toshan reappeared and the two helped the unsteady scribe across the room to his nest of pillows. Re helped him settle while Toshan flit about helping to strip away his shoes and jewels.

Ka groaned as he lay his head back, still not feeling entirely well. Re swept is bangs back and held a cool cloth to his forehead. That alone made him feel better and Ka began to smile again. “Thank you, master. Have a good night, Re.”

The prince swept his hair back once more, smiling in the dim torchlight. “I intend to, my night is not through.”

Ka didn’t really register the words and just made a tired noise of agreement. He could hear the prince chuckle again and he could feel fingers brush through his hair. He didn’t hear the prince say good night, Ka was asleep before the redhead pulled away to leave.

-o-o-o-o-o-

Ka loved to spend his downtime with his friends, talking and laughing as they shared beers at the different taverns of the city. They talked about their lives, about their struggles and joys, about their families. They found any excuse to toast their victories and sorrows and as they grew more and more drunk, they only laughed and celebrated harder.

One friend was a musician, the woman wearing her hair in shorter men’s styles to clash with her traditional dresses. Calla had begun a game with the group long ago and once they had imbibed enough alcohol, she brought it up again. “Alright, where’s my girl headed today?”

Just asking the question made all of them burst out laughing. After a moment someone declared, “She needs bread!”

From the baker, such an oaf,” Calla sang to a jaunty tune. “Short and round, with a rotten little loaf.”

The group laughed and called out, “She tore her dress!”

Why do you guys like the tailor one so much?” Calla asked before singing, “She likes him too and took him to bed, where she had another needle for him to thread.”

Alright, have you figured out a good one for the priests?” Ka asked with raised eyebrow.

Calla huffed and drained her glass. “Not one that isn’t too blatant. The joy is in not saying it, you know?”

Get her in trouble, a priest could pray for her release,” Ka suggested.

Or not,” Calla chuckled with a lewd grin. “I keep saying you should help me write these. You have talent beyond just copying other people’s words.”

Ka smiled and shook his head. “But being a scribe pays better than starving artist. I have a family to think about.”

Calla made a point of rolling her eyes and letting out a huge sigh. “You became attached too young.”

I love Mei, it doesn’t matter to me.”Ka answered.

Yeah I know,” Calla said and nodded at the door. “And speaking of, it looks like your minder is in fact looking for you.”

Ka turned to see Mei was indeed entering, but he turned back. “What is your problem all of a sudden?” he demanded, perhaps with more anger than was called for, fueled by the beer.

She is always your excuse,” Calla said with anger of her own. But she quickly raised her hands. “I get it though! It’s your life, not mine. All I know is, you’re nothing without her.”

The woman in question had reached Ka’s side, smiling pleasantly at the group. Calla smiled back and bowed her head before turning back to their friends. Ka sighed a bit before saying, “I’ll see you all tomorrow.” The rest of the group gave fond partings to them both and Ka was smiling again as he left with his arms around Mei’s waist.

You should not fight with your friends,” Mei told him as they walked. She lay her head against his shoulder and Ka tilted his head against hers in turn. Mei lifted a hand to run through his hair. “I already take care of too many injuries.”

I can try and play nice, for you,” Ka immediately caved to her request. Then he turned for a kiss, holding the woman tight. Mei moaned against him, holding just as tightly before they hurried home for the night.

-o-o-o-o-o-

. . . Ka woke with Mei’s voice still moaning in his ears. He groaned softly to himself, his body responding in the predictable way. Then he blinked in the darkness as other moans and gasps reached his ears. One hand lifted and Ka covered his face as if to hide. The prince had brought people to his bed again and Ka had no way to block out their sounds of pleasure. He was already worked up, it wasn’t long before he was hard and his free hand moved toward his waist to finally tend to the problem.

There was a noise of disappointment from the bed and a female voice pleaded for the prince to continue. “No,” Re answered in a rough voice of his own. He groaned with obvious pleasure before saying, “You do it, I want to watch you.”

“Gladly, my lord,” said a different woman and Ka could hear the two embrace and kiss. The women began to gasp and moan in rhythm. Ka could hear them moving, skin against skin, as the first woman’s cries became higher and more urgent. Ka shifted to cover his mouth a bit more tightly to help keep quiet. His other hand shifted cloth aside until he gripped himself firmly. He smothered a groan, silencing the sounds of pleasure as he began to pump his hand. He matched the sounds from the bed and Ka’s movements were fast nearly right away as he pushed himself quickly to the peak. He tensed and only a few moments later, the woman reached her climax as well and cried out loudly from the bed.

“Don’t stop, do not forget yourself,” the prince moaned. Another male voice moaned with me and so did the second woman. Ka moaned as well and his hand tightened again. He began to pump in time with the gasps he could hear from the man. It was easy to imagine the prince pumping into him and Ka imagined himself in Re’s position. Both women were moaning again as well, pressed against each other as the sounds of their kisses filled the air. The man was pleading now, begging Re not to stop. That’s what Re said as well, “Don’t stop.”

Ka’s eyes suddenly opened wide as a thought broke through the haze of alcohol and pleasure. He couldn’t see anything in the dark room, but that was not true for the prince. Re was watching him, he realized. Ka’s hand slowed, but then he groaned and shut his eyes again. His head fell back, listening to the pleas and cries and moans from the bed. He tightened his grip and matched their pace, hearing Re’s voice again, “Yes, don’t stop.”

It wasn’t long before the women cried out again and collapsed together, panting to catch their breath. Ka followed not long after, muffling his own cry of pleasure as best he could. He could still hear the prince though, grunting and panting along with the male voice. The two of them continued a while longer before they too cried out in pleasure and finally the sound of movement stopped.

Ka’s heart was still racing, lacking the strength to move. He heard Re stand, passing out gentle caresses and kisses and compliments to his companions before wishing them a good night. Ka listened to them leave, all giving a final ‘thank you’ to the redhead before the door closed. Then Ka listened to the prince’s footsteps crossing the room and finally stop beside him. With his cheeks flushed bright enough to be seen despite the dark, Ka slowly opened his eyes again to find Re kneeling over him.

“To clean,” Re said and rather than do the job himself he handed a wet cloth to the scribe. He also indicated his filled goblet. “You should drink water before you sleep again, you will feel better in the morning.” Ka swallowed and nodded slightly that he would. Re smiled and reached out to trail one hand along the scribe’s jaw in a fond caress. “Then sleep well, Ka.”

The prince stood again, disappearing into the darkness. Darkness only to himself, Ka thought. With the moon full, he had no doubt now that Re could see the whole room clearly. He did as he was told, cleaning briefly and drinking most of the water. Ka’s limbs were heavy though, he was still drained and tired. He tried to put the embarrassment out of his mind and settled into his pillows. He pulled the blue blanket back over himself and closed his eyes, asleep again in only a few breaths.

-o-o-o-o-o-

0