021 – DATE NIGHT
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What in the world possessed her to think that this class was at least a bit interesting?

Amber struggled to pay attention to the different data types and their built-in methods and variables throughout the class, but her brain was already fried by the time the actual coding came around. And when class finally ended, Amber was the first to close the lid on her computer and rubbed her eyes. She was not a programmer, and this class just proved to her that she never will be.

By the time she had her laptop, mouse and binder tucked away, there were only a couple of students left, lingering about with questions for the professor. Amber had a few questions of her own, but nothing a little world wide web searching couldn't solve. Besides, Nathan and Adam were waiting for her by the door, murmuring between themselves, obviously not wanting Amber to hear their conversation.

It was a little strange to have two male students following behind her as she made her way out of the building. Unusual, but appreciated because the hallways were emptied of students. Amber was glad to have some company. From Thursday onward to the weekend, the campus would either be a ghost town or a party town. This weekend would probably be a ghost town as students get reacquainted at house parties and explore downtown life.

Outside the building, Liam propped against the rail, tapping his feet impatiently, waiting for someone. Amber stopped as soon as she recognized him. The last time she saw or spoke with him had been at the Dining Hall two days ago.

Liam straightened, his face immediately turning into a frown upon noticing Nathan and Adam behind her.

"Guess nerdboy wasn't rich enough for you?" Liam spoke to Amber. "Now you've got your claws on these two VP heirs?"

It had taken one glance for Liam to recognize them, as he should, considering they were almost in the same crowd. Almost. Nathan and Adam's circle were higher on the chain than Liam's due to bigger and better connections. Not that it mattered to Amber, who wasn't part of any circle, and she didn't want to be until she had to be.

"What do you want this time?" Amber ignored his comment, taking the steps leisurely towards him. "Is there another banquet?"

Liam blinked, genuinely shocked for once as he gawked at her. "You actually forget? We have our weekly date night tonight!"

"I didn't forget," Amber answered without missing a beat. She actually did forget, but her expression showed nothing as she stopped at the bottom of the step. "It just temporarily slipped my mind."

Date night was every Thursday evening. Their time for one another, to spend with each other. Sometimes, he took her to his parents; other times, they would go to hers. Either way, it was their time together because Liam went to a private college two and a half hours away.

"What's going on?" Liam didn't believe her for one second.

"Nothing is going on," Amber forced a smile, hoping to avoid another scene. "These guys were just escorting me, is all." She turned back and gave Nathan and Adam a nod. "You guys don't have to walk me back. I've got a date, as you can see."

"What happened to all that talk about staying loyal and committed?" Liam refused to drop the conversation. "First the nerd, and now, these two. Are you actually sleeping with them behind my back?"

And there it was, Amber inwardly rolled her eyes. If she counted the number of times they've had this conversation or a similar conversation, she'd be retired by now. Then there was him being a hypocrite who couldn't even keep his hands out of the cookie jar. What was Amber going to do once they were wed? 

"Hey Adam, wasn't he the guy making out with a couple of models the other night?" Nathan spoke up from the top of the stairs.

"It was more than a couple," Adam answered, looking Liam up and down. "He was practically humping that slutty cousin of yours. The one who sleeps with just about any guy."

"You—her—bastards!" Liam choked and sputtered, and because he couldn't say anything else, he shouted at them. "Shut up!"

"Amber, you should stay away from him," Nathan continued. "Why are you going on a date with him? Do you know that he slept with my—"

Adam smacked Nathan on the head, interrupting yet again. Adam was doing that quite a lot these days, and it was getting annoying. Nathan scowled at Adam but saw that he was shaking his head vigorously while looking at Amber. It took him a moment before he caught on, and he coughed, clearing his throat, "Actually, I don't know if they slept together. I didn't see—"

Amber rolled her eyes at his lousy attempt at lying. "It's fine. I already know all about it. Thanks for the warning, but I'm stuck with this one no matter what. Have been since before I was born. Thank you for walking me this far, but I've got somewhere I need to be, so I'll see you guys later."

That seemed to have shut Liam up, and he was amazingly arrogant as Amber stepped next to him, accepting his arm and giving the two one last dirty look.

Nathan wanted to protest some more, but one look from Adam and he zipped his mouth.

"You have Bossman's phone number," Adam reminded her. "Call him if anything happens."

"Don't worry," Amber responded, walking away with Liam. "I'm safe with him."

Apologies for the short chapter. I promise another short chapter will be posted tomorrow to make up for the short chapter. Thank you to everyone who has been following faithfully thus far. If you're wondering when the romance is going to start... well, we're almost there :)

0