chapter 23
17.3k 0 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The wyvern   destroying team, including Barbaroth, was almost  near the wyvern nest.

 The survey team reported that there were twenty-eight wyverns in the area.  and thirty-two if you included the juveniles.

 The juveniles are not a threat, but the adults, especially the females, are. They are nervous because they are trying to protect the juvenile wyverns. They are aware that anything that comes near them is an enemy, and their ferocity is increasing.

"Is the magic team and archer team in position?

"Yes! They're already  on their  positions , sir."

"Yes! We will now launch an operation to destroy the wyverns. All , prepare to charge!"

 The captain astride his horse drew his sword and pointed it in the direction of the wyverns, and gave the order to his men in a loud voice.

 The knights who received the order rushed out at once. The first to take the lead was Barbaroth, who leapt and at the same time cut off the wyvern's head with a single flash.

 The wyvern roared at the knights who were rushing towards him because of the loss of his  kins . T' deaths, and immediately moved his wings to take to the sky. But then a rain of arrows rained down on him.

 The wyvern couldn't stand it and screamed in pain. The wyvern was able to escape the rain of arrows and  flew up into the sky, staring in the direction the arrows had come from.

 He caught sight of the knight holding his bow, and in his anger  dur to being attacked, he attacked the knight in return . But just as the wyvern was closing in on the knight, tragedy struck him.

 The first wyvern that attacked the knight was hit by a fireball and was charred. When the wyverns see  his kins being burned,  he  flee back into the sky.

"Don't let him get away! Shoot!""

 The knight in command of the magic team gave the order and gave chase to the wyverns fleeing into the sky. It's not that the knights are bad, but it's just that they don't know how to do it.

 It's not that the knight is bad, but the hit rate of the magic itself is not very high. It is difficult to hit a wyvern, which is always moving, because in the first place, the training is against a target that does not move.

On the other hand, Barbaroto is definitely reducing the Wyvern. This is partly due to Barbaroto's  strengh , but most of all, the Wyvern, who protects the larva, was not attacked by detours and was only defending against the knights.

(Hmmm ......, so far  everything is good. Can we push through like this?)

.. The captain watching the battle situation calmly analyzing it . Currently, the knights who needed Barbaroto are slowly but steadily defeating the Wyvern, and the Wyvern who is fleeing to the sky is also suppressed by the magic team and the  archer  team.

(this will take some time, but I'm sure we'll win, but I just can't shake my uneasiness.)

 (But strangely, ...... no matter how much the female wyverns protect their young kins , do they stick around this long?)

(It's not that the wyverns are dumb, although the juveniles may be important. It would not be surprising if some of them escaped. ......)

 The fears were right on .

"Gooooooooore!!!!"

 The knights became frightened as a loud roar rang out.

"What the hell is that? What's that squeal?:

"The roar alone caused the earth to shake."

The knights were unable to move at this point. Only the captain, who was looking at the battle situation, was not affected by the roar and was able to quickly understand what had happened.

"Nonsense! That's a Red Wyvern! That wasn't in the report!"

 Red wyverns. There are different types of wyverns, and the red wyvern is a   stronger among of wyvern.

 A normal wyvern is about three or four meters in adult size, but a red wyvern is six or seven meters in size. It also looks different, the wyvern has a gray outer skin, while the red wyvern is red as its name suggests.

 However, there is another difference. That is...

"It's going to  breath fire! Everyone, becarefull !"

 Yes, it breathes fire. Normal wyverns have only two direct methods of attack: clawing with their key claws and biting with their sharp fangs. But the Red Wyvern, which is a higher level , breathes fire in addition to the above two.

"The only reason the wyvern didn't run away was because the  head of the nest was a red wyvern! This is unexpected. ......!"

 It turned out why the wyverns hadn't escaped, but things were bad. The appearance of the Red Wyvern, which had not been reported, had shaken the knights and tilted the tide of the battle.

 (If we don't get back on track as soon as possible, the momentum may push us to the brink of defeat). The captain quickly gave orders to Barbaroto, who was the largest force.

"Barbaroto! Target the Red Wyvern! Magic team, cover Barbaroth! Archers, keep the wyverns in check!"

 The knights, who had been in a huff when the Red Wyvern appeared, quickly regained their bearings under the captain's instructions.

 Barbaroto leaps toward the attacking wyvern, uses its head as a springboard, and slashes at the roaring red wyvern in the sky.

"Aaaaah!"

 However, Barbaroto flash came up for nothing . In the air, the Red Wyvern had the advantage of being able to fly freely, and it avoided Barbaroth's attack without difficulty.

"Damn ......!"

 

No matter how good he is with a sword, Barbaroto can't do anything about it in the air, where he is at a disadvantage.

 Barbaroto, who cannot fly, is pulled down by gravity and falls to the ground. Then, a wyvern tries to bite Barbaroto. However, the magic hit the wyvern as it was about to bite, and the wyvern fell, burning.

"Thank God!

"'Don't worry about your surroundings, just take care of the Red Wyvern!

"I'm on it!

 After landing on the ground, Barbaroth leapt again and closed in on the Red Wyvern.

 

44