chapter 24
16.3k 1 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Leaping towards the Red Wyvern, Barbaroto swung his sword, but it failed to reach the Red Wyvern.

 It's the same result as last time, and Barbaroto bites his teeth, but he doesn't give up. He knew that if he could just get his sword to the Red Wyvern, he would be able to cut off its head.

 The Red Wyvern seems to be wary of the sword that Barbaroto is wielding and doesn't try to come down from the sky. He was trying to burn the knight by spitting fire from a safe distance, but the mages were blocking him and he was getting frustrated.

 However, if they tried to get close to the  mage , Barbaroto would become a threat. The Red Wyvern knows that some of the them are a threat to his life, even though he thinks they are only food.

 That's why he deals with Barbaroto with the utmost caution.

If they don't get a shot at the Red Wyverns, ......  they will be outnumbered, but the casualties are starting to mount.

  (If we continue like this, we'll lose the battle ......, and the only way to turn the table  of the batle is to give the Red Wyvern a shot.)

Barbaroto was analyzing the battlefield without looking away from the Red Wyvern.

 He lightly brushed aside the wyverns that occasionally attacked him. This is something that Barbaroto can do because he is one of the best knights in the world. If it were any other knight, he would have been easily defeated by the wyverns.

 Even Barbaroto was having a hard time with the Red Wyvern in the sky. It's not as if he can jump, but he can't move around freely in the sky, so he lacks a decisive strike.

 If Barbaroto  is unable to attack, the battle situation will start to tilt.

"Aaah! "

The knight who had been holding on until now were  pushed down by the wyvern. Other knights rushed to help , but the wyvern also tried to kill as many as possible, interfering with them so that they could not help the knights.

 

 "We can't afford to have any more deaths," said Barbaroto as he went from the Red Wyvern to the wyvern that was pushing the knights down.

 The Red Wyvern decides that this is an opportune moment to attack the mages who have been standing in his way.

"Don't be afraid! Fire!"

 Magic was unleashed in an attempt to shoot down the Red Wyvern. However, the Red Wyvern dexterously avoided the magic and attacked the mages .

The Red Wyvern has reduced the number of  mages to a trickle. Although there were no deaths, the number of capable of fighting was reduced to a handful.

 The battle line has collapsed and the wyverns have the advantage. The knights could not remain calm and attacked recklessly.

 As a result, more people were injured, and the knights were defeated.

 However, Barbaroto cut down three wyverns with a single blow.

"Not yet! We are not defeated yet! Arise, knights! If we are defeated, what will become of our people! We must not lose for the sake of the people who believe in our victory and are waiting for our return!"

"Oh, ......,!

The  knights, who had thought they would be defeated by the momentum of the wyverns, were motivated to fight by Barbaroth. They knew that they must not lose here. If they lose here, they will not be able to show their face to the people who believed in them.

 And most importantly, they must not let the wyverns hurt the people they are trying to protect.

 So, it was only natural that they would stand up.

 (There is no defeat for us now.)

 (From now on, we will wield our swords even in death).

"Follow me.

 Barbaroto slashes down the attacking wyverns and runs towards the Red Wyvern with a blood-soaked expression on his face.

 Inspired by Barbaroth, the knights also regain their momentum and fight the wyvern. The wyvern was bewildered by the sudden increase in strength of the knights.

 A few moments ago, he thought, they were winning.

 But now, what?"

 Where does this kind of power come from?

 As he thought this, the wyvern that was desperately resisting was also beheaded. The last thing that the severed head saw was the sight of his  kins being killed one after another.

 (This is the first time that I've ever seen such a thing.)

 He knew instinctively that this was someone he should not mess with. He feels like he can't stay here anymore and wants to run away, but there is another being that he can't resist.

 The Red Wyvern.

 The Red Wyvern is the  head of the nest, and no wyvern can stand against him. Unless the Red Wyvern escapes or is killed, the wyverns will have to fight to the death against the knights.

 Therefore, both sides must be prepared to fight to the death. The female wyvern decides to abandon her young and survive, because her instincts told her that she could make more  kins .

"This is the moment of truth!'

 At the words of the captain, who had joined the front line, the knights mustered up the rest of their energy. They had already reduced the number of wyverns to six, including the Red Wyvern.

 The only problem is that the Red Wyvern is still unharmed. But there is still hope for the knights. Barbarotp, the best knight of city , is pointing his sword at the Red Wyvern.

"I'm going to knock you down, ......!"

 With his armor dyed red with blood, he glared at the Red Wyvern in the sky with eyes filled with a fiery fighting spirit.

40