chapter 26
16.1k 4 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The escaping wyvern was trying to reach Ze'at before the knights. There was a large fort towering in front of  them as if to block  their way, but it was meaningless to the wyverns who could fly freely in the sky.

 However, there was a knight on top of the fort who was in charge of guarding it. As soon as the knight discovered the wyvern, he rang the alarm bell.

 The sudden sound of the alarm bells in the city of Ze'at confused the residents, but when they realized that it was a sign that demons had invaded Ze'at, they immediately began to evacuate into the buildings under the direction of the knight.

 In no time, the streets were empty . Since Ze'at is a region where demons are always attacking, they are very quick to respond to such situations.

 The residents, under the direction of the knights, responded quickly and finished the evacuation.

 The knights on top of the fort are preparing the ballistae, which is a defensive device in the fort, for the wyverns that are coming towards Ze'at.

 The archers and magic troops were also in place and ready to intercept the wyverns.

 The wyverns were unaware of this and flapped their wings towards the fort where they would be feeding in order to recover their lost strength.

 As the wyverns  neared the fort, the ballista released an arrow. that struck the wyvern's wing.

 The startled wyvern lost its wing and fell to the ground. The wyvern tries to escape to a the sky  where the arrows can't reach him, but he can't because of the arrows and magic flying at him.

 The wyvern realized that he would be killed if he continued, so he made a foolhardy suicide attack.

 Flapping his wings at top speed, the wyvern was desperate to eat the food at the end of the fort, which he called humans.

 He could have saved his life if he had abandoned such thoughts,  but the wyvern, being a demon, did not think that far ahead.

 The four remaining wyverns made a reckless suicide attack and tried to cross the fort. However, the interceptions of ballistae, bows and arrows, and magic caused one of the animals to die, covered in wind holes.

 However, due to the wyvern's unexpected actions, the knights were unable to aim well and allowed three more to enter.

 After crossing the fort, the wyverns looked for the  food that would be below, but couldn't find it because the residents of Ze'at had already evacuated to the interior of the building.

 Besides, the streets are guarded by knights, so it's not like  they can get down there.

 The wyverns gave up, thinking that they would not be able to get any food. As  they tried to go further,  they spotted a large mansion.

 Just then,  they saw a figure and shivered with delight. When  they found the food, the wyvern ran straight into the house.

"Where the hell do these lizards think they are?"

 An old gentleman wearing a tailsuit suddenly appeared in front of Wyvern's eyes. But the eyes were so cold that even Wyvern shivered.

 The wyvern caught those cold eyes in its vision for the last time and scattered them with its life.

(wow ! He was in front of me just a moment ago, and now he's flying to the wyvern that flew to me in an instant. ...... he is  assassin, after all )

  Let's get back a little  bit in time, Gilbert was doing his daily routine of  martial arts with Leoldo . In the meantime, the alarm bells suddenly sounded, startling Leorde, but Gilbert was quietly looking towards the fort.

 Leoldo was in a hurry to evacuate when the alarm bell rang, but Gilbert calmed him down by telling him to calm down.

"Don't worry, they won't come this far."

"Are you sure "

"Yes. The knights who are guarding Ze'at are excellent.

"Oh, I see. That's a relief."

Wyvern was visible to Leold behind Gilbert. Leold arrives at the wyvern at a tremendous speed, and  it was shocking .

 But the next moment, Gilbert's figure in front of him blurred and flew right into the wyvern's eyes. It took Leolde a few seconds to realize what had just happened.

 And then Gilbert easily snapped the wyvern's neck with a kick and killed it. Leolde was speechless.

 This was the first battle he had witnessed since arriving in the world of Destiny 48, but the event was too much for him to keep up with.

(It's amazing ......, all I can say is it's amazing.)

 This is the only impression that Leoldo, who had lost his vocabulary, was able to squeeze out.

Leolde was too stunned to notice, but there was more than one wyvern heading for the mansion. There were three of them.

 The first one that flew in was easily taken  down  by Gilbert, but the other two took advantage of the gap between the first one and rushed into the house.

"Ah!"

After killing one of the wyverns, Gilbert tried to kill the other two, but Gilbert is an assassin and uses hands  in battles , so it is difficult for him to take on more than one at a time.

 If Gilbert was good enough, he could take on several at the same time, but he could not kill a wyvern flying at high speed at the same time.

(What? No!)

 In the short time that Leorde was confused, the wyverns attacked the house. One of the wyverns destroyed the walls of the mansion and captured the servants inside.

"Kyaaaaaah!

"Sheria!"

 To  his surprise, it was Gilbert's granddaughter, Sheria, who was caught. The wyvern tried to escape with Sheria into the sky.

"I won't  let you escape!"

 Gilbert chases after Wyvern, who  flew  in the sky. The Wyvern is fast, but Gilbert is even faster. When Gilbert caught up with the fleeing wyvern, he tried to slam his fist into the wyvern to save Shelia.

 It's not clear if he did it by accident or on purpose, but Wyvern used Shelia as a shield to block Gilbert's outstretched fist.

 

his was too much for Gilbert to handle, and he lost momentum and fell to the ground.

"You ...... lizard-like bastard!"

 

 He glared at the wyvern in hatred, but the wyvern had already fled to a place out of Gilbert's reach. This is no way to save Shelia anymore.

 But then a savior appears. Leoldo came running to Gilbert's side, shaking his dignified stomach with a tap-tap-tap.

Gil!" Get ready to catch Shelia!"

"'Oh, Master! What do you think you're doing?

"I don't have time to explain! You'll do as I told!

(Huh, I can do it. Now  I  am a fallen golden pig Leold, but  i was a  golden lion Leold who was once called a child prodigy!

 Leolde gives  give a heartfelt pep talk. He pointed the palm of his hand straight at the wyvern. Thanks to Gilbert, the wyvern stopped moving for a bit, and as a result, Leolde was able to get there in time.

 The wyvern's location was within range of Leoldo's magic. This is the only way to save Shelia.

 He aimed for the head.

 "I'll take it out with one blow."

 Failure is not  acceptable .

"Lightning!"

46