chapter 28
16.5k 5 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A day had passed since the defeat of the wyverns. Leoldo was now sitting with Gilbert in front of the knight who commanded the knights of city and his second-in-command.

 It was an office room in the mansion where Leordo lived, with a desk and chair, and a wall of bookshelves.

 Right now, Leoldo  was sitting on a chair in the office, looking down at the two knights kneeling in front of him. His expression was that of a ruthless nobleman, but inside he was panicking.

(What's going on? It's unusually,  Gil called me to his office, he told me to sit down, and I was sitting down when Gil came with two knights, and those two knights suddenly knelt down! What! What's going to happen now?)

 "Keep listening. The defeat of the wyverns this time has angered my lord, Leold-.

(Huh? Me? I'm not angry.)

 Leoldo  glanced at Gil, and Gil nodded as if he had misunderstood Leolde's intention.

"The house was half destroyed due to the mismanagement of the Knights, and the servants who worked there were also suffered" .

 H"ow do you plan to take responsibility for this?"

"We are sorry, sir. Due to our lack of power..."

"Shut up! I don't want to hear your unsightly excuses. Why did you sally forth without waiting for reinforcements from  the capital ?"

"That's because we judged that we could defeat them on our own without waiting for reinforcements from capital. ......"

"Hmm. Half the  reason it's because of that, but the other half of the  reason it's because they didn't want anyone to know about their mismanagement.

"I would never do such a thing.

"You seem to be mistaken, but I have already informed pople from capital . You've only strangled yourselves."

"What the ......?"

"I've already sent a letter to  lord Beluga-, . I was supposed to punish only the knights who neglected to patrol this time, but it seems I was wrong."

"I beg your pardon! "

 The knight on his knees looked up and began rubbing his head on the floor. It. It was a familiar kneeling position for Japanese people.

" "Hey, Gil, why don't you forgive the damage to the house this time?"

"Master Leoldo. It's true that there was no human casualty this time, but if it weren't for you, Shelia would have become Wyvern bait. With that in mind, I think the punishment is justified."

"No, it's true, but as a result, there were no casualties. ......"

"That's true if you only look at the results. But that doesn't mean that we should neglect the process. As Leorde said, there were no casualties, but even so, those who were affected must have been mentally scarred.

.(I see. That's right. At least Shelia was faced with the fear that she might die. ......)

 (It's a bit hypothetical, but if we had waited for reinforcements from King's Landing, Shelia might not have been attacked by the wyverns. If I can't deny that possibility, it's hard to argue with him.)

"I'm sorry. It was an oversight. The mental anguish the victim must have suffered was immeasurable. Forgive me, Gil."

"No. If you understand, then you have nothing to apologize for.

 Gilbert admired Leoldo for his correct decision. In the past, Leoldo would have been arrogant enough to believe that his opinion was correct, but now he understood what Gilbert was saying.

"I'd like to know what's going to happen to us after all."

 It's a good idea to have a good idea of what you're looking for.

 The knight who was on his knees looked at Gilbert with a fearful expression.

 "But if you are afraid of punishment and try to escape, I will chase you to the ends of the earth and kill you myself. That is all."

(What the hell? That's a hell of a rush. I managed to avoid pissing myself, but that was ...... over there.)

 (I'm sure Gilbert was quite angry with the knights inside. )

 Leoldo, who was standing beside  him , had been doing  training  with Gilbert on a regular basis and had become accustomed to the rare bursts of deadly energy, so he didn't leak anything.

In the event that you have any kind of questions regarding where and how to use the internet, you can call us at the web site.

(Oh, darn it! Live strong!)

 Leoldo  encourages him in his heart but does not say it out loud. The two knights were taken away by Gilbert and left the mansion.

 Leoldo, who remained behind, tried to return to his room from the office. Shelia, who was acting suspiciously, was in front of Leoldo's room.

(What is she doing here?  She came to make the bed, but she doesn't want to come into my room?)

 It was a negative thought, but not really. Shelia came to thank  him for saving her from the wyvern the other day.

(What should I do? Grandpa told me to come here to thank him, but I feel nervous when I try to say it.)

"What are you doing there?

 Shelia jumped up about a meter in surprise. He felt he had done something wrong and immediately apologized.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you."

"'No, ! There is no need for you to bow down!"

"Really? Well, if you insist.

Well, if you insist... - Oh, my God, this is heartbreaking! Now is the time! I have to thank you for saving me!

 Shelia was startled when Leoldo suddenly called out to her from behind, but she saw this as the perfect opportunity to thank him and called out his name.

 What is it?

"The ...... thank you for saving me the other day!"

"Gil has already thanked me for that. It's nothing to worry about."

"No. That's not how it works. Even if my grandfather had told  you , I would have had to tell  it  myself."

"Hmm ......, I see. I'll accept it then.

"Yes, !

"Are you okay with ? Can  you  work now?""

"Yes.  I am not injured at all."

"Not that. . You've been through so much. You need to take some time off from work to recuperate."

"What? But that's not good for other people.

"I'll take my chances. Everyone will understand. I'll give Gilbert  your orders, and you'll rest for a while. Do you understand?"

"No, , but ......

"These are my orders as your master. Okay?"

"Yes,  master ."

"Mm-hmm. See you."

 Leoldo  was satisfied that he had said all he needed to say, and he quickly walked away from Shelia because he knew that she did not like him.

 Shelia, who was left behind, pinched her own cheek, wondering if she was dreaming , but when she felt a definite pain, she knew she was not dreaming.

"he was so kind. ......"

 

45