Chapter 30: The Wrong Flower Language.
919 1 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 30: The Wrong Flower Language.

Kein's POV

It's my day off from work today and I've decided to continue working on my shampoo recipe.

It's been a while. I've already been testing my other batches for almost a month now.

My hair has become more smooth and silky, damn I did good.

I looked at the mirror, sparing myself a glance. The smell of flowers, and mint was everywhere in the bathroom. A little mix of sweet fruits is somehow similar to strawberry.

Finally I have finished it! My shampoo!

The new one is so much better! It's twenty percent more fruity fragrance that I can just walk right over there and you'll smell the intoxicating spell of my shampoo.

Truly the nobles and the common people will surely love this.

I also have this minty bold [Selent] plant scented shampoo for the men. I have asked Alfred to try it a while back and he's asked me how much was a batch.

He really loved it after he told me that Sister Porfolia noticed something different about him and complimented him.

Now there's only one sensible thing to do in this situation.

Sell them for a fucking high price and I know just where the place to sell it.

I wrapped my shampoo into cute wrappers designing them adorably with pink flowers with a little ribbon tied on top.

Presentation is key to products. It took me only a few minutes to make it but thanks to rushing I did pretty alright. The design was simple and sleek. I could see the shampoo shining from the bottle when I held it up in the sun. That was satisfying to do.

When I was done I took my new shoes, my coat, and hat. I opened the door from my room and ran. "Alfred! I'll have to go into the city because I need to do something! I'll be back before nightfall!"

"We're having roasted tumborin chicken this dinner so please be back early for dinner." (Alfred) replied tugging my collar behind my back, taking a scarf and wrapping it around my neck. "It is cold nowadays. Don't get sick, Miss Kein."

I nodded, gratefully smiling and went on my way. Alfred and I have been getting along too nowadays with the Baron.

Although the Baron has been busy he's been trying to fit his time for me.

Mostly to play board games when he's home. Like chess, which we always end up being a tie in the end.

He was also surprised with my prowess but when I told him I lost to the first princess in shame he just laughed and patted my head.

It was... nice.

I paid for a carriage ride and got into the city safely.

I was walking around the area and people were giving me this contemplating look. Hearing their whispers, "Is it just me or does her blond hair shine so nicely under the sun?"

"Truly! Why is her hair like that? I can also smell faint scents of fruits when she walks past us."

"Maybe she used a hair product? Although I've never heard of Madam Prisha having released a new hair product."

Their words were really singing praises to me. For all those months of failures that I've suffered. Finally I've gotten the right amount of dosage, reading all those books of plants, and Lucas burned a page of the book that Lenard gave to me.

It just pissed me to the core.

"Yeah... It looks so soft and smooth too... I wish my hair was like that. Maybe my husband won't look at other women if I had hair like that."

"Ouch." I looked at the ground feeling bad to whoever said that.

Okay that last one I didn't need to hear. Damn get a better husband, sister if he's looking at other women he's not worth it.

I've still gotten compliments from all over the women that I passed through feeling conscious about their hair.

Now that I think about it my hair is similar to nobles now. I remember seeing Princess Cecilia's hair and it was as smooth as mine.

Vincent's too and Lenard's.

I guess with money their kind of products are the expensive natural ones.

Ugh as much as I hate to admit it, even Aunt Haren has nice curly blond hair. That woman doesn't deserve that cool pretty hair.

I went to the familiar beauty shop famed in all of [Puronia]. The smell of their sweet perfume was already everywhere.

I went inside and as I got in I saw Madam Prisha who looked lovely as always with a new hair colored wig looking over the label bottles settling them in but they were with someone else.

It was Valentina who was peering close into the shelves full of beauty products. She was wearing a casual suit as well as black pants, her long wavy green hair was a little loose.

She was eyeing the products carefully, holding some of the bottles in hands reading the labels.

"Valentina, darling do you think this would be popular over at [Sprivanto]?" (Madam Prisha) asked her, giving a lotion cream to the lid.

Valentina takes a whiff smelling the product as she nods, giving it back to Madam Prisha, "These types are not bad. Si, I'll take ten boxes of these. The payment is still the same. The association will grab these by next week." she points at it, placing her hand inside the pockets of her pants.

She looked cool when she did that. It was seeing two people converse and trade with one another.

I wonder if it's wrong to interrupt now.

Valentina suddenly notices me though walking forward and patting my head. "Oh! Miss Rosenguard what a delight to see you. Cómo has estado? But what I meant was how have you been?" (Valentina)

Please don't go patting people's heads like that. That surprised me, "I am well but are you here to buy something?" I asked her as she scratched the back of her head.

"I did a half lie on Miss Rosenguard. While I was mostly here to visit my childhood friend I am also on a business trip. I own a merchant company, I am also the heir to this group. Both of my fathers has not rested until they make me a suitable heir for the business." (Valentina)

"Ohhh! You must be pretty loaded then?" That was really the first question that was on my mind.

"Si... but I do not like to flaunt it. Wealth brings comfort but also trouble. Plenty of snakes that would chase after you for the sake of money are really annoying." (Valentina) explained and I understood what she was implying by the snake. "How about you? You come here to buy as well?"

I looked at Madam Prisha who was just infatuated with how the conversation was going, "I was here to see if I could talk to Madam Prisha, I might have something they might want."

Madam Prisha sassily runs her fingers through her hair giving me a look, "Honey, let's see if you would even have something I want. You're welcome to convince me, little entrepreneur."

Valentina laughed a little, kneeling down to meet my eyes, her green kind eyes looked into mine asking, "So in short you're here for business?"

"Yes! And I have a product that I know will sell well! Please give me a chance to explain what it is!"

Madam Prisha nods, "Fine you're lucky I'm free and bored today. Valentina, would you like to see this? You don't have anything to do right?"

"Actually I have plans-" (Valentina)

"I remember you and your little priestess are still onto an argument, yes?" (Madam Prisha) seemed to have hit the bullseye.

Valentina looked dejected, bent down onto the floor and grew mushrooms, "Gisela still hasn't talked to me after the razzle dazzle event. So... I have... no plans."

Yikes so something did happen back then when we saw her with a hand imprint on her face.

"Oh you poor thing- anyways- not my problem but-" (Madam Prisha) leads me to the office with Valentina still looking like a ghost. "Business comes first, honey. So what is this product you speak of?"

Madam Prisha's eyes were gazing on me like fire, business deals are truly not to be taken lightly. Valentina snapping out of depression- and rejection looked serious as well, crossing her arms with her chin resting on her hands.

"This is a shampoo." I took out the several bottles that were the final product of all of my failures that led to my success. "It's used for your hair, smoothening it, making your hair healthy and even having a desirable scent."

I took off the cork from the top of the bottle as I poured the liquid into my hand. Immediately you could already smell the vast of flowers, and sweet fruits. "Shampoo helps water remove the dirt, debris, and odors. It can also remove oil."

I smiled throughout my presentation. Madam Prisha was impressed as she took the bottles smelling it's contents, "Wonderful! Can I try this? Is this safe?"

"I have been trying it out for more than a month and the results are clear." I showed them my soft long straight blond hair. It was shining.

"Hmm... It is impressive that you've thought of this product yourself. At your age..." (Valentina) looked over at the bottles as well before grinning. "You were hoping to sell this, am I right?"

"Straight to the point huh?" I told her agreeing that I was planning to sell this. "The product should be tested more than we release for the next year, I am willing to invest in this." (Valentina)

"Wait you are?"

Am I that lucky to get an investment?! And from someone who I saved too! Are the gods looking down on me and saying here have these blessings after being reincarnated into such a horrible family?

"Si, a true business woman will not just let this opportunity slip by. What am I, a fool?" (Valentina) shakes her head jokingly.

Madam Prisha claps their hand giving me a thumbs up, "My grandmother has foretold your future, yes?"

Wait, you're her grandchild? "You mean grandma chio the card reader? You're her grandchild?"

"I am. She told me you will be visiting today bearing gifts but I didn't know it was this- desirable! I will invest as well!" (Madam Prisha)

Well. Is it just me or was that somehow easier than expected.

Valentina smiles at Madam Prisha as they happily tested the shampoo on their own. I'm glad that they trusted me at least.

We worked over the contract, costs, the manufacturing team that will handle the production, and the brand name. I gave Madam Prisha the recipe and they happily paid for it.

It was a lot of gold.

I was also tasked with making different kinds and I'll be happy to make it with the right payment. Valentina came out of the office with me sighing, "Women are hard to understand."

"I am a woman as well but tell me about it."

We both sighed at the same time, Valentina scratched the back of her head and asked. "Miss Rosenguard, do you want to take a drink with me? The bar underground has juice suitable for you. I just need to vent some things out."

To a ten year old kid?

Then again I'm no ordinary ten year old so I accept. "Alright Romeo let's go."

"My name is not Romeo though-" (Valentina) points at herself awkwardly. We both said the password for the underground bar and went in.

The seats were arranged differently now that the event was over but still it looked amazing inside. "If you cannot tell, the place is covered in a magic barrier. Only a person with high appraisal skills can detect this place." (Valentina)

"You know a lot." I told her as we sat together into the bar stool. I was a little short so it was hard getting up but when I got my footing right I finally sat down comfortably.

"The perks of having many friends, and by that- friends who I gained through business. They have magic barriers for their own places because well..." she stops for a moment as the bartender gives her a drink. It smelled like strong alcohol, "I have seen the worst in trades. If Gisela knew I did nothing she would've killed me."

The bartender gives me a berry juice with a little fruit on the side, "Um thank you." I told them, the bartender leaves to tend to another person.

"The trades do you mean-"

"Slave trading. I have saved all that I can but... there are some cases where money is useless. They were people who were shipped from the beast kingdom. Mermaids, demons, I felt guilty that I couldn't do anything." (Valentina) drank some more still she looked sober.

Are you okay? Seriously you might need a therapist after all that you've seen- "So you travel a lot?"

"Si, I have traveled everywhere, even the demon kingdom. They are... not so bad as the church of yours made them out to be." (Valentina)

I took a sip of my drink curious about this world.

Maybe... Do I need to travel as well?

"But do you know what Gisela did? She told me demons are not to be trusted because they are not part of the light. Why am I in love with a hopeless woman?" (Valentina) vents some more by taking another cup.

I wanted to finish my drink but all of her Valentine's stories sounded interesting. "Oh yeah I was wondering why did you have a slap print on you know the razzle dazzle event last time?"

Valentina looked confused, "That is the problem I do not know?! Gisela was supposed to be my date, si? She just slapped me out of nowhere!"

At this point I should hear all of the story first. "Uh-huh were you talking with anyone else like preferably someone who got too clingy or-"

"Si there was this woman with a red dress who told me she wanted to know where the nearest inn was because she told me she felt sleepy. She was not from [Puronia] and I offered her escort her there-" (Valentina)

I stopped her right there.

"There you go, that's your problem." She's just so oblivious I'm dying. Women don't like it when you talk to others who were obviously inviting you to you know.

Have an adult fun time.

"Are you seriously older than me? You should've seen it coming!"

"What did I do wrong?!" (Valentina) asks genuinely confused and in sheer panic. I guess she didn't really know that the woman was literally hitting on her.

"Everything woman. You did everything wrong." I rubbed my temples stressfully taking in the new information she just gave me.

"Is it wrong to talk to people now?!" (Valentina) asks, hitting the table in front of her.

"Let me give you a few tips then." I proudly told her as I emptied my drink. "First of all, where do the two of you stand? Lovers or friends."

"In the middle." (Valentina)

"Okay how in the middle?"

"I have confessed I have not gotten a proper reply and she just acted like she had forgotten about it." (Valentina)

Oh goodness gracious you poor thing. "How long ago was that confession?"

"Two to... three years. Give or take." she answered counting up her fingers like a little child.

I almost choked on my drink, the juice slipping from my lips but I quickly whipped it off with my sleeves.

You were waiting that long for a reply?! "Are you serious what the hell? That's illegal and you were just waiting here like an ass?!"

"H-Hey! Such foul language from a child is unacceptable. If my father were here he would've beaten you with a belt." (Valentina)

"I am well aware how punishments work but are you okay with this? She's clearly jealous but she's not- oh right she serves the whole light and church."

I almost forgot about that. The light church here in this country does not accept such relationships. "Well either move on or try confessing again and if that doesn't work. You're on your own."

Valentina smiles in pain, taking her alcohol drink and toying with the cup, "I am such a fool for never letting go of my first love all these years." (Valentina)

"Yes you’re very much right you’re a fool." I took a sip of my drink once more.

"You could've sugar coated it a little, you know amigo? Children are way too honest these days." (Valentina) takes out some silver coins and pays for the drink.

We left the underground bar after that, taking in a few more perspectives from our talk. It seems like Valentina still has some feelings to sort out.

"Do you want to visit the orphanage? We have time." I look up at Valentina placing her hands inside her pockets again, "I mean... sure I know it's my day off but I get to see Rose so... why not?"

This isn't really anything weird. I think, it's just visiting someone you're acquainted to but yet-

Why am I excited?

Valentina noticed my look too as I rolled my eyes, "Are perhaps you two-" (Valentina)

"No, don't you dare. I already had enough teasing from Veronica-"

"Good friends? Hmm?" (Valentina) gave me an underhanded look. Trying not to laugh.

Touché. I scoffed, crossing my arms. "Yes. Yes we are good friends."

People these days.

They have no sense of humility.

I'll go tell Rose about the whole shampoo thing too and I might give her a bottle.

Maybe she'll like it?

"You know how about you pick some sort of... peace offering? Like flowers or sweets. Women love that." Or else she might get slapped again in mere seconds.

"They do?" (Valentina)

"Pretty sure they do." I told her. How ironic we are both women but we still cannot understand women. Don't worry Valentina I've been there, it's okay.

We ended up buying flowers before going to the orphanage first. Of course, I had also bought my own peace offering.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Narrator's POV

Meanwhile...

Gisela and Rose were cleaning up the backyard. Rose was happily helping around and that made her happy, when she was in the castle people did it for her.

It made her feel uncomfortable. "Thank you for always helping me out, Rose. You need to leave soon, yes?" (Gisela) asked.

"Yep. After this work I'll visit again tomorrow. I hope my body double I left doesn't get caught soon..." (Rose) muttered to herself and continued cleaning. Well, if she hasn't been discovered until now it means that she's doing fairly well.

She's been proud of herself every time she snuck out almost every day. Rose was surprised no one has at least... confronted her about it.

"I know elder sister Cecilia has already noticed but... she's not telling father about it." (Rose) sighed remembering her uptight sister. "Ah, light priestess Gisela. Is your relationship with Valentina going well? The last time we saw her she didn't look too good."

Gisela broke the broom she was holding looking pissed, "The nerve of that woman. If she ever shows her face again I'll break it into millions of pieces-"

Rose covered her mouth in pity, feeling sorry for Valentina.

"Gisela! Mi pequeña flor!"

Rose looked behind and saw Valentina carrying a bouquet of flowers. It was all white colored tulips, the light priestess saw this and was immediately overtaken by panic. "What are you doing?!" (Gisela) runs up to her and asks. "What's with the flowers-"

Valentina offers it to her quickly looking her straight in the eyes, "I... am sorry. For whatever I did wrong. I do not know what I did wrong but I am sorry."

There was another small figure behind her and Rose sees Kein smiling with her hands behind her back.

Kein walks towards her seeing the two awkwardly offer and take the white tulips.

Rose nudges Kein's side, "Isn't it your day off? Why are you with Valentina?" (Rose) whispered to Kein and she sighs.

"She's in desperate need of a wing man. I swear she had to vent her feelings to a ten year old. She's this desperate." (Kein) explained while nervously fidgeting her hands at the back.

"So you told her to get white tulips?"(Rose) asks looking at the flowers Sister Gisela was holding, she looked happy while she watched the two together talk.

"I hope it's the right flower language for this occasion."

"It's perfect for this situation look how the light priestess is blushing." (Rose)

The light priestess was definitely blushing. Her childhood friend has given her flowers so how could she not?

"And um... for you." (Kein) takes out her hand giving Rose a small flower of stargazer lilies. "It's just my way of saying thank you for being here and all."

Rose was hesitant on accepting the flower but in the end she couldn't refuse and was even feeling nervous on accepting. "T-Thank you... I'll treasure it forever." (Rose)

Rose giggles, taking the flower to her chin, "I'm also thankful for being your friend. Although you know you didn't have to say it through a flower-"

"Wait, it has a different meaning here?!" (Kein) yelled in a panic.

"Yes, the meaning of these flowers is what you offer in good friendship. Is there something wrong?" (Rose) asked.

"E-Eh but back in my hometown it means different- never mind yeah that's what I meant." (Kein)

Rose tilted her head, a little confused but nonetheless. After a clear rejection from Kein she was happy that she at least got a flower from her in the end.

She also ended up giving her a bottle of shampoo to which she accepted happily.

Rose felt like she was getting spoiled with gifts that day.

40