Chapter 35: Reason of Loving.
958 3 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 35: Reason of Loving.

-Six Years Forward-

Kein's POV

I breathed in excitedly gripping the handle of my sword. It's the basic dull one used for practice, light, efficient, and easy to use on the field but not recommended if you're going up against a monster.

My father, Baron Hills has been training me ever since I turned thirteen. He stood there completely being himself, having a hand behind his back. "Leaving me a handicap father? How generous of you." I told him as I laughed while whirling the sword I was holding.

He gave me a smug look before slashing his sword at the ready. Signaling for a duel. "My foolish daughter. It is for you to last even longer than ten minutes while parrying with me." (Baron Hills)

I rolled my eyes onto our playful bickering. I slashed my sword in the air, keeping it to my side at the ready.

Baron Hills was the best father figure I have ever gotten.

When I thought to myself since all of the past generations of our families became Royal Knights. I should follow them, right?

Even though I am well aware I have to hide my magic completely. I'll be a knight with the skill and strength of a monster when it comes to the art of the sword.

"Kein don't let your guard down. Are you dreaming again?" (Baron Hills)

"No, father, just simply waiting for you to strike first." I told him scoffing while he just shakes his head.

He grins actually running towards me quickly drawing his blade to hit my side but I managed to dodge it and defend myself with my sword as sparks flew between the two swords colliding.

Slash! Slash! Slash!

We sparred with smiles on our faces. I tried to make him slip and fall kicking him on his legs in a fast motion but despite him being old he's so quick that he dodged my kick jumping up into a hay bale behind him.

"What a cheap move." (Baron Hills) says while keeping his sword pointed at me.

"Agh, give me a break father. My head has been full of flowers and pink lately." I told him while I had kicked his hand in surprise, the sword moving into the air. He almost lost his balance in the hay bale but managed to collect himself at the last minute.

"Whoop!" I dived, flipping forward and catching the sword onto my left hand. "Ah thank you for the second sword father, truly you are being generous." I snickered leaving him weaponless.

He didn't even look afraid, stretching his shoulders. I could hear his bones crack, raising his fists up. "[Water Magic: Flowing Armor]." (Baron Hills) casts his magic, suddenly forming two water gauntlets on his hands.

"How a shame I could absorb it anytime." I whistled, rolling my eyes enjoying the time I'm sparring with my father.

"What you lack is hand to hand combat, Kein. I still remember the first time you spared me such horrible form." (Baron Hills) recollects the memory by shaking his head.

I embarrassingly waved my hand in dismissal. "Father that was like-!" I try to recall how many years it has been. "I didn't know three years ago?! Spare me the humiliation! I was only thirteen!"

"Please don't act like you didn't enjoy getting a bruise or two that day. If I recall correctly after that I heard from the orphanage you kept on clinging to Rose like some lost toddler begging for attention-" (Baron Hills) kept talking about my horrible secrets so I immediately took this opportunity to strike while he was distracted but alas father never lets his guard down.

He moves the gauntlet to meet my two sharp blades. "I seem to have struck a nerve?" (Baron Hills) teases holding down my two swords.

"Ugh! Why do you always have to bring her up every time we train?!" I yelled, twisting my blades, kicking father in the stomach but he managed to dodge that one as well. "This is some personal attack on your child."

Father laughs, letting go of both of my swords in my hand, the water armor on his hands still intact. "Talking about her somehow lowers your guard down." (Baron Hills) raises his fists again, punching the air surrounding me. I lazily dodged all of his punches.

If this was thirteen year old me I'd definitely get hit on every single one.

However, after doing more than a thousand pushups- a thousand sit ups- and running over a hundred kilometers everyday- actually I just trained like crazy including running up to two mountains building up my stamina.

I've gotten taller for my age at sixteen having a height of 5'7. Even taller than Rose and she's two years older than me and she's 5'4.

I tease her everyday about her height whenever I visit her. I have gotten busier but I never failed to visit her every week at the orphanage following a small stroll to the place we first met.

The color changing tree.

"Whatever is going on your mind- I see you getting distracted again Kein!" (Baron Hills)

Ah shit! I quickly pulled my sword up front gritting my teeth to somehow lessen the impact of the punch but I lost. He managed to land a blow on my face, the magic disappearing from his hands turning into a normal punch but it was a hard one.

My right cheek was swollen, my body falling down into the floor. "Damn no mercy huh." I muttered to myself holding my painful cheek still smiling even after the punch.

Baron Hills laughs, "As your father. I would teach you there would be no mercy for you in the battlefield. My fists are one thing but a monster's claws are sharper and never dull."

Father offered his hand for me to grab and I accepted it gratefully. I held my cheek groaning in a slight tinge of pain. "Uwah this is going to take a while to heal." I complained and my father just rolled his eyes.

"Please I know you're only using this training to get spoiled by you know who." (Baron Hills)

I smile happily while having my ears turn red. "Maybe~ Speaking of which I certainly need healing! I'm going to go visit the orphanage again, you know-! See if things are alright?" I told him I couldn't hide my excitement but from the looks of it he already knows the reason.

"Please say my greetings for Rose. You should invite her to dinner again sometime." Father says taking both of the practice swords shoving them onto the stand. "I haven't seen her in a while. When will you ask her to be finally official?"

I glared at my father who just laughs but he's right and that got me thinking. "Today... It's also the same date we first met all those years ago. Maybe it's time to finally confess?" I muttered the last part quietly but father heard me.

Father smiles quietly, holding over my shoulder looking over my eyes proudly. "I support you both. Go get her." (Baron Hills)

I nodded my head running over to our house but I needed to look presentable! Shit! I need help! I need to set up a romantic date before sunset. "Alfred!"

As if on cue Alfred pops out of nowhere doing his occasional bow. "Yes, young miss?"

"You know the color changing tree?" I asked while taking off the hair tie from my long blonde hair. It was running smoothly from my back. I hold it in frustration. "I'll be needing a favor. I need candles set up there by sunset, my canvas, paint, and a picnic mat."

I open the door to my room before stopping to ask another favor from Alfred smiling. "And... a single rose."

I can't forget about her favorite flower of course.

Alfred nods, taking off in a hurry. I am so sorry Alfred! I'll pay you back somehow!

I took a quick bath washing my hair with a shampoo brand that I made that's one of the bestseller ones in the kingdom. Valentina has been ordering many of my shampoo lists for [Sprivanto] as well and that got me a lot of money in the long run.

One of the best choices I've made.

I'm also this close to making sweets that didn't exist yet and sell it or just keep it to myself. If anything I'm already well off thanks to Baron Hills adopting me.

I got out of the bathtub drying myself with a fluffy towel, I changed my clothes a little more casually and fancy at the same time.

I got outside the mansion and already saw the family carriage being ready. I opened the door and went inside, "To the orphanage, thank you." I told the coachman and he nodded in reply.

"Yes, young miss."

The horses trotted and went on their way to the orphanage pulling the carriage.

My heart was beating excitedly, I couldn't help myself but smiling like an idiot.

I knew I couldn't wait to see her.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

When I arrived at the orphanage it looked so much better rather than from all those years ago. It was also a certain memory Rose almost got hurt by a loose metal on the gate. I knew I needed to rebuild the whole orphanage to make it into a safer place.

So there are now more enriched and safer buildings. Included with the design being similar to how the buildings are on earth.

Concrete with metal bars, calculated weight, and added perspective.

"Welcome, Miss Hills. It's nice to see you again." I heard someone greet me and I turned around seeing the old sister from before.

"Sister Porfolia. It's been a while." I told her bowing and she just laughed.

"Oh you've grown up so much indeed. I still remember when you were just a little charming caterpillar." (Sister Porfolia) reaches up to pinch my cheeks. I wasn't able to move and just took the pinching. "Ehe... hehe..."

"You're like a handsome butterfly now!" she tells me and I feel flattered by the compliment.

Ah I forgot Alfred likes this old adorable sister. I can see why, "Sister Porfolia please let go of the poor little thing's cheeks."

I saw Gisela walking to save my now red cheeks. Sister Porfolia pouts shaking her head letting go of of my cheeks I hold them rubbing my hand over them, "You know she must be here for you know who." (Gisela) holds me by the shoulder smiling widely.

"She's in the classroom teaching the other children right now but I know you're very much well aware of that." (Gisela) told me in a whisper.

Rose is still by the classroom, that's such a Rose thing to do. "Thank you, big sister Gisela. I'll be going now, Sister Porfolia."

I waved farewell to them but stopped when I realized I forgot to tell Gisela something for a tease, "Oh and before I go, congratulations on accepting big sister's Valentina's proposal."

Finally she graduates from being a tsundere.

And today I will graduate from being a tsundere as well.

"Shhhhh!" (Gisela) runs over to punch my shoulder letting out a huge bam! sound. I feel like my bone was broken but that hurts-

She fidgets around with her hands blushing furiously, "T-That was supposed to be private!"

I laughed at her reaction as Sister Porfolia stared at us in confusion. I shake my head leaning closer to her ear, "Invite me to the wedding yeah?"

“You’re off the list if you do that again.” Gisela's face turned into a full on tomato and punched me again in my shoulder but this time I dodged. "Heh."

Hit me once, shame on me. Hit me twice damn my shoulder will be broken and it can't be healed by any magic.

"What are you doing here gawking around, just move to see her already!" (Gisela) yells.

She was about to punch me again but before she could I ran like crazy and laughed. Man she never changes, whenever I visit I tease her about big sister Valentina a lot whenever she visits the orphanage. It never gets old.

I decided to walk along the gardens that were near the classroom.

I could already hear that familiar sweet voice that I can never get tired of.

"Alright. There is a lot of elemental magic in this world." I could hear Rose's voice carry on with the wind getting closer. "Fire, Water, Earth, and Wind. These magic are common magic meaning you would see them normally through everyone."

I peeked through the door seeing Rose's beautiful figure.

Her red shawl still hid her face, her hair has gotten longer past her shoulders. I could see small strands poking out of her shawl. Those gray eyes that looked through the world with wonder, adventure, and most of all kindness.

You know even after all these six years of not seeing her face being always hidden by a shawl.

I could proudly say I fell in love with her caring personality.

I don't want to disturb her teaching with the other kids... I want to draw her...

I stared at my hands shaking impatiently. Ah not now buddy- I have to get ready for the confession not a long hour drawing spree.

I could see her smile with her beautiful pair of gray eyes as Rose turned to the door's direction so suddenly tilting her head where I was but I quickly hid my head holding my chest. Did she notice me?

I waited for a moment for any response. "Kein~ is that you?" I could hear her voice coming closer then suddenly her head popped out at the side of the door. "Boo!" (Rose)

She says cutely while I swear I could see flowers everywhere around her. "As if that will scare me Rose." I told her while scratching her shawl messily but not enough to take it off.

Rose fixes her standing leaning towards my ear, feeling time was slowing down. "I missed you." she whispers and I cover my ear. "You little-"

Rose laughs and walks back into the middle of the classroom holding her own confident stride. "Children stop what you're writing. We have a guest today. It's Miss Kein Hills, every stand up."

I shake my head laughing for this girl taking control of the room, her voice turning strict.

After all these years she never failed to be the most beautiful teacher there was in this orphanage.

Rose smiles, the children standing up in harmony. "Say your good mornings!" (Rose) yelled the children bowing, you would've guessed it was a synchronized practice.

"Good Morning Miss Hills!" All of the children yelled towards me in respect and I nod in response.

I still haven't gotten used to this scene even if I visited Rose almost everyday.

It reminded me how the children would bow back in my old world, fast and swift and usually their good mornings would last more than five seconds.

"Well done children," (Rose) proudly sets her eyes on her students before looking towards me. "Did you need something from the visit? I'll be free in a moment." she says taking a chalk in the side writing on the board.

I made my way over at the back and sat next to a little girl who had an empty seat beside her. "I'm going to be here and observe you if you're doing a good job being a teacher, Miss Rose."

Rose giggled, and that laugh was so intoxicating to hear.

I certainly will never get tired of it.

"Miss Hills I do hope you'll listen to the lesson as well and not just focus on me, you know? I have heard from my peers I can be pretty... distracting." (Rose) sticks her tongue out and I roll my eyes.

I could feel myself blushing again but I managed to stop it from spreading, "You wish! Just go ahead and teach already!"

Rose didn't respond to my remark giggling yet again while the other kids just felt like puking.

They see almost the same thing everyday and I can't blame them for wanting to puke.

The girl next to me tugged my sleeve, "Do you like teacher Rose?"

I almost choked on my saliva. The other kids turned their heads behind me waiting for the answer, I sweat nervously whispering back to the little girl. "I do and I plan to confess to her later. Do um... you guys want to help me get some alone time with teacher Rose?"

The little girl was beaming after I told her that. The other kids chuckled when they heard about our whispers. I saw them writing notes and then passing notes to the other kids to the front.

Rose was completely unaware of what's happening. She was just humming happily while drawing a magic circle on the board. When she was done she clapped her hands together to get rid of the chalk dust. "Alright class! Now who could tell me-"

They didn't even let her finish.

The children immediately rushed out of the classroom laughing together.

Rose was shocked at the sudden movements of the children. All of them gave her an apologetic but happy look as they ran past towards her.

"Sorry teacher Rose! We all ate something bad and we needed to use the restroom! We think it's diarrhea! Go on your break without us!"

"Yeah teacher, my stomach feels horrible, it must be diarrhea! See you!"

"Hell yeah no school!"

"Bro let's go play!"

"Good luck Miss Hills!"

The last bit made me happy knowing that I got the support of all the children.

Pfft, Rose was just standing there looking confused and at the empty seats of the classrooms yelling, "Hey come back here! We all ate the same thing and I don't feel anything!" (Rose) scratches her head in frustration.

Thank you kids. I won't let your scolding be in vain.

I'll give you all brand new colored pencils and woven order of school bags from Veronica.

I stood up from my seat, finding the whole situation funny. I couldn't help but let out a snort.

Rose crosses her arms. "What did you do?" she asks adorably while stomping her feet in the ground for a moment.

I shake my head, shrugging, acting like I don't know, "Hey I have no clue, but from the looks of it they're not coming back."

Rose hovers to the door back again in a worry showing concern for the children. "Promise, they'll be fine." I told her and she sighs. "I guess... but if someone gets hurt I need to be here to heal them." (Rose)

Nowadays, growing up Rose has lost interest in me just a little bit. It's not like when we were kids before, where she was all googly eyes for me. Now she's responsible, mature, and refined.

I'm even questioning if this is the same Rose I met all those years ago?

She is, she just grew up.

I coughed for her attention, "Rose it's been a while, why not take a walk with me to the color changing tree?"

"Hmm..." she thinks for a second having those adorable little frown lines on her forehead, "Will you treat me to a snack on the way?" she asks adorably. Ever the glutton we both are.

"You bet. If you beat me in a race I'll treat you double."

The moment I said that, Rose without hesitations ran without me. I was left standing there like who she successfully played, "Hey I didn't even say go yet!" I yelled at her trying to catch up.

Damn she's fast.

"Really? Oh! But you already started running after me so I guess it's on!" (Rose)

I chased her down, both of us laughing while getting weird stares from the other sisters.

Ah this is just normal interaction please move along!

When we got into the capital city by running for fifteen minutes I slowed myself down to let her win. You know this woman might look all slender and weak in that dress but she sure can run. "I win!" (Rose)

She yells and I clap for her small victory. "Congratulations. I treat you to double the snacks you want today." I told her, Rose grabbed my hand pulling me into the marketplace.

"Good! Come on! Let's go, I'm hungry!"

We both shopped for food. The street food had rare monster meat, I paid for it and it was delicious. "Try this Kein! It's Wolfbane meat! I can't eat meat but I know you'll like it!"

Rose offers it to me, "Say ah!" (Rose)

Wait in front of all these people? Rose, you're too bold. I swallowed the lump on my throat taking a bite on the juicy filled meat. "Damn this is amazing!" I muttered, chowing down on it until nothing was left.

We enjoyed our eating session. "Kein can we go and visit Veronica? I want to see Matthew today." (Rose) asks.

I realized our hands were still linked together. "Yeah we can. I wonder how he's been with Veronica and Peter. It's almost their five year anniversary of being married."

I recalled being invited to their wedding with Rose. It was held on a private property that was provided by my father and a priest Valentina brought over [Sprivanto] those who can legally marry people like us.

After all, the church... doesn't accept people like us.

We walked together wondering how the two couples were faring?

Veronica was in their little shop with Matthew, their son they both adopted from the orphanage. Peter is probably busy with blacksmith duties but- How could I also forget the little brat?

This little boy has grown up over the past six years he just turned twelve.

He's one of the kids that had a crush on Rose. Sadly for him, I'll be taking Rose first.

"Teacher Rose!" (Matthew) called out to Rose who waves back excitedly.

"Matthew! How have you been!" (Rose) lets go of my hand and runs over to him.

Excuse me what? My hand... it's empty.

This little- this is why I never liked him.

I didn't let that affect me. I strode over there normally walking, the two of them conversing with each other made me jealous and yes I am not shy anymore to admit that. "Little charmer! And the profound teacher! I suppose you've had an upgrade from being Kein's little girlfriend?" (Veronica)

"It's nice to see you too, Veronica." (Rose) smiles slightly with a blush on her face patting Matthew's head. "How have you and Peter been?" She continues with me standing by Rose's side.

"Hmph." Matthew comes up to third wheel us by clinging onto Rose's hand.

I was irked and irritated when he did that. I glared at him like I was ready to stomp him like a little ant but that's too harsh.

"Matthew, why don't you help your mom out in the shop like a good boy huh?" I told him, sparks flowing between our eyes.

"No, I want to stay with the teacher." (Matthew)

Rose looked over the both of us and sighed. "Kein, don't be so childish. I've hardly seen Matthew nowadays. Isn't that right?" (Rose) pats his head.

Matthew gave me a grin that I really wanna rip out of his face.

Keep your cool. Kein, a little kid, is not the final boss. I'm pretty sure her parents are the final boss. Don't let a little kid get on your nerves- I grit my teeth and clench my hands tighter when Matthew suddenly hugs Rose. "Alright he's dead-"

"Little charmer as much as I enjoy how you're looking over my son like a wild tiger. Don't kill him~ now, now. Matthew, come here and help your mother carry the bags." (Veronica)

Matthew frowns reluctantly letting go of Rose who just smiles kindly. I guess she's enjoying it.

We said our goodbyes to Veronica, "Ah Veronica by the way I need over thirty custom orders of woven school bags for the orphanage. I owe the kids something for today and I have to repay them."

Rose raises her eyebrows a little, suspicious. I just pulled her hand away finally being alone.

You know... I wondered if someday maybe... Rose and I can have a family of our own.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

I took out a blindfold from my old [Storage Ring].

"Rose, do you still trust me?" I asked feeling the Deja vu.

"Nope I don't. Are you going to kill me with the blindfold?" (Rose) couldn't help giggling over her answer.

"Yes, I'll kill you then hide your body to where no one will find them." I told her jokingly. Our banter with each other never gets old.

She lets me blindfold her, my arms were wrapped around her for a moment. "Kein, you know I trust you with my life." (Rose) mutters looking back over to me, her beautiful face smiling with a blindfold on making my heart beat a thousand times faster than before.

Love is truly fearsome. I nearly died.

"You're so weird, shut up and hold my hand."

"Heheh..." (Rose) places her hands on top of mine giggling.

I lead her slowly on top of the color changing tree. Alfred already set up a magic barrier to where the winds were not blowing as hard as it should so the candles would stay lit up. "Kein I know you're taking me to our meeting place but why the need for a blindfold?" (Rose)

I laugh, "A reason to hold your hands?" I told her my tone was a little playful.

"You don't need a reason to hold my hands. You're aware that you can hold them anytime, right?" (Rose) says with that cherry pink lips of hers.

I got too distracted and thought about kissing her for one moment. I couldn't help but stare at her lips as she replied. I wonder how they feel... ahem pardon my thoughts. "Y-Yeah I knew that."

Kein stop being... lewd! I need to slap myself after this.

We arrived on the color changing tree and everything I asked for was there. The canvas, the paint, the picnic mat, the romantic candles, oh there's also the basket but I'm trying to find- there's the rose!

I should hide it in my ring for now.

I let Rose sit on the picnic mattress for now, not taking the blindfold off. I hid the rose in my ring hoping to surprise her, when I knew everything was right I took it off.

"T-This is..." (Rose) covers her mouth for a bit even though I know its already being covered by a shawl. I thought it was adorable.

"I wanted a change of pace."

I sat beside her, the crickets were our only audience. "Y-You know this is rather romantic." (Rose) worriedly looks over my shoulder seeing me blush completely for the first time.

"I-I know..."

She stops for a moment in silence, I thought of the worst. I was afraid she wouldn't like it but instead... she kisses me right in the lips with tears in her face.

I was shocked. Her lips were so soft, even if she was wearing a shawl.

We didn't stop to breathe and just kissed at that moment.

The world was behind me. It was just me and Rose.

When we stopped, looking into each other's eyes. Her eyes dilating and I could feel mine doing the same.

I took out the Rose flower from my ring holding it in my hand offering it to Rose.

"In my world. Past this, the meaning of a rose was... I love you." I told Rose who seemed happy with tears but then...

"W-Why now..." she covers her eyes, overrun with tears. "I-I... I can't... we can't-"

I panicked. What? I thought- she liked me back-

"Rose, I'm sorry! W-Was it the whole setting? I'm sorry-" I tried to reach my hands to hold her but she moved away.

Rose stands up taking off her shawl, revealing her long beautiful silver hair and that face. That familiar face. "Kein I was so ever thankful you never questioned who I was. Where I was from or what was my status but I'm here to tell you. We can't be together." (Rose)

Everything makes sense now. I suspected her being into a noble family but-

"I'm the second princess of [Puronia]. My name is not Rose but Rosarie Goldheart. I'm sorry for lying all this time." (Rose) kneels beside me.

It felt so surreal, like a dream. She's not wearing a shawl that covers her face anymore, my heart was still beating faster for her.

"I like you too... but... I know where my duties lie." (Rose) holds her shawl clenching her teeth. I could see her shaking, her whole body was shaking. "I love you but... I'm going to be engaged to someone I don't even know. Please.. we shouldn't-"

I cut her off by kissing her again. It was too painful. I didn't want to hear any of that.

Don't tell me I can't have you, Rose.

All this time I waited for us to grow up.

I wanted when all things were fixed for me to confess to her but I was too late.

Someone I don't even know was taking her away from me.

Rose didn't push me away but... her lips welcomed mine deeper.

"Perhaps this will be the last time father will ever let me slip out of the castle." (Rose) said, smiling painfully, making my heart break.

"W-We can sneak or... do something! I don't care! Rose please-"

She shushes me again by just giving me a kiss. I don't know if I should be overjoyed or be sad that she didn't want to hear anything about it either.

"W-Wait is it just me or... there's two of you. I feel dizzy..."

I was seeing double the Rose... then it turned into four. I called out to her name, "R-Rose..."

Rose cries hugging me tightly. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Kein. Don't hate me, you deserve so much better than this silly, rebellious, and clumsy princess."

"I love you, please... forget about me." her voice cracked the moment she told me she loved me too.

It was the last moment I have heard of her. Realizing I was drugged. I don't know how she did it but I have fallen asleep in a matter of seconds.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

"Young miss! Young miss! Wake up!"

Someone was shaking me violently, "Rose?!" I looked around and saw Alfred instead with a worried look.

I looked up to the sky realizing it was already nighttime. Wait- Rose!

"Alfred, where's Rose?!"

He shakes her head giving me a letter. My mind was processing all of it, she was the second princess.

I should've recognized her from Cecilia's hair color but... all of the people who possessed light magic had silver hair and silver gray eyes. I took the letter from Alfred and read everything.

My eyes read word for word, the more that I read the more that I felt a sudden rage of anger boiling through my body.

"Alfred, hand me your blade." Alfred was afraid of what I'll do but nonetheless an order from me is none refutable. He gave me the sharp blade, unsheathing it and I kicked the picnic mattress.

I cut down the grass like a crazy mad-man. Everything sucks. It all fucking sucks. "I MET HER FIRST YOU KNOW! I'M SUCH A DUMBASS!"

Who got engaged to her?! I haven't heard of anything about an engagement!

I looked through the canvas where I planned to place her portrait of us.

Her beautiful image flashed through my mind making my headache.

Fueled with anger. I took out my sword and slashed the canvas in half.

I screamed yet again, howling like a wolf in pain. I fell down to my knees afterwards. Alfred was quick enough to catch me, "Young miss, let's go home."

I couldn't move. Alfred carried me the whole way back to the mansion.

I didn't give a damn anymore after reading her letter. How could she... just leave me like that.

39