Chapter 52*
948 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
“All you need to do is to follow my order,” Hilda said with a smile on her face.
‘Why should I listen to you?’ Baron Pier didn’t speak his thought out loud. Instead, he asked, “I understand what your majesty wants me to do. However, there is no way the knights would listen to me.”
“I just want to know whether Baron Pier is willing to help me?” Hilda’s smile looked anything but assuring to Baron Pier.
The more he talked to the prince, the more he became convinced that something was about to happen.
And when he heard her say, “I am just asking if something to happen to the leader of the knight unit sent by the Duke?” he was sure the prince was planning something.
At that moment, he realized that even if the one in front of him was a neglected prince, she carried the blood of the imperial family.
However, as a noble, he wasn’t illiterate in politics. So he simply smiled, saying, “as long as I can do anything that helps the great empire, I will do it.”
“That much is enough for me.” Hilda smiled, adding, “after all, both of our aims are the same.”
After some pleasantries, Baron Pier left the room. And as soon as he left the room, the smile vanished from her lips.
“Your majesty, should we let him go just like that?” Kali could understand why Hilda was trying to entice Baron Pier to use his authority to control the knight for Hilda.
“What if he said everything to Viscount Rook? That is what you want to ask?” Hilda asked the question Kali wanted to ask.
When Kali nodded, Hilda continued, “Viscount Rook won’t follow my order either way. I have nothing to lose.”
Kali couldn’t refute her words. So Hilda continued, “Why should I worry about the action of a dying man.”
“Your highness.” Kali stared at her in utter disbelief. After all, the biggest confrontation was that the Viscount didn’t follow the prince’s order.
“Do you think his disobedience wasn’t severe enough?” Hilda smiled as if she knew what Kali was thinking. Then she asked, “I'd rather cut off the bad part now before it's too late to cure.”
“I am not willing to wait for the day when his petty ego would cost me hundreds of life. I would rather fight with fewer soldiers than with a greater disobedient army.”
“What if…”
“Let me worry about it” Hilda raised her hand when she felt someone had come to the door. She ordered, “enter.”
The door opened, and Helen entered the room. Under the light, Hilda felt Helen was much more gorgeous than she had thought.
Her head was full of bushy red hair, and her pointy ears were especially active under it. She had freckles on her face, but it made her more beautiful.
Her breasts were bigger than Symona's, and her dark brown areola was noticeable beneath her thin silk cloth.
“Turn around,” Hilda ordered in excitement. Helen didn't walk like a human as she had a lower half similar to a deer.
And when she turned around, Hilda could see her small deer-like tail shake a little. Standing on her hoof, it was like she had raised her furry ass for Hilda to see.
‘As I had expected. The pussy is more accessible from the back than from the front. It would have been a fun experience, alas!’
Hilda sighed in her heart, asking, “are you a virgin?”
Helen didn’t try to hide the disgust she felt towards Hilda. Still, she nodded.
“Good. That would do.” Hilda nodded and left her seat, “What you do inside the room is up to you. All I can promise is that you won’t die as long as you complete the task.”
“What about the children? And my lady?”
“I would send the children to where you want them to go,” Hilda promised but didn’t forget to add, “For Symona, she is already my woman. Naturally, I will protect her.”
Helen snorted, unconvinced by Hilda's words. Hilda didn't care what she thought of her as long as she finished her work.
"And keep in mind that you won't do anything unless he makes the first move." Hilda didn’t wait for her to respond and left the room. Helen followed her, with Kali behind her.
The things outside didn’t look too good. At least not for the deer barbarians. Many of the barbarians were tortured to death. Their blood had turned the dust into dark red mud.
Those who had survived didn’t have it easy. Most of the barbarians who had survived were female. And their fate was worse than death.
Groaning, crying, and screaming had filled the evening sky. There were even lines in front of some of the houses. And all one could hear from those houses were blood-cuddling screams.
A few impatient ones had tied a deer centaur on a big log. She was tied so that two of her legs were on each side of the tree trunk. Her deer belly was resting on the timber.
She didn't have much choice but to be ravaged by men who didn't even care about her. Her vacant eyes and the dried-up tear marks were the only proof that she had put up a futile protest.
Kali couldn't help but feel depressed about what was going on. Kali knew Helen had it the worst when she saw her clenched fist leaking blood.
Helen could feel their stares almost burning her skin as the three of them moved towards the house.
It was so strong that even Kali felt it. She was well aware that if Hilda had not been present, Helen would have suffered the same fate, if not worse.
They soon arrive at the house where Cyan was holding Viscount Rook hostage.
“Wait here,” Hilda ordered Kali. When Hilda entered the room, Cyan and Helen followed her.
“Oh!” If one hadn’t known it better, they would have thought he wasn’t held prisoner. He laughed, asking, “What does the great commander of the army want from a prisoner like me?”
Viscount Rook had clearly not learned his lesson. He had no intention of paying reverence to the imperial prince, either.
Cyan was irritated by his blatant show of disrespect. With his fist clenched, he was waiting for Hilda’s order. Yet Hilda was calm and brightly smiling at the viscount Rook.
“It looks like there was some miscommunication between my subordinate and the general. Which also resulted in the wrongful imprisonment of the viscount.”
“So, I have been wronged.” His mustache shook a little as the Viscount tried to contain his joy. He put one of his legs on the other as if he was the superior here.
Cyan wanted to say something, but Hilda stopped him in time. Viscount Rook acted like he didn’t notice that, asking, “Then how does the great commander want to compensate me?”
Before Hilda could respond, Viscount answered for her, “Did the commander bring the barbarian girl to bribe me?”
Hilda was never a cool-headed one. However, the imperial teachers and circumstances in the imperial harem had taught her to be calm after she arrived in this world.
But at this moment, she really wanted to beat the shit of this man. She was the imperial prince, and a mere viscount should show respect to her.
‘Is he acting like this because there was no one here?’ Although she had learned a lot about it, politics was never her favorite subject. ‘Then I can beat him here, and no one will know.’
[Idiot.]
Scarlet didn’t say anything else. But it was enough for Hilda to straighten her line of thought.
She continued to smile, saying, “How can I dare to bribe the great Viscount Rook?”
Sudden use of ‘great’ stiffened his face a little, but Hilda didn’t care and continued, “I had heard that the viscount has the hobby of tasting the delicacies of the world. So I have bright the freshest one I can find.”
“Virgin?” The viscount had no problem understanding the hidden meanings of her words. And it made her visibly happy.
“The finest,” Hilda added.
“I have to say the prince knows how to make people happy.” The viscount smiled as he ogled Helen with his dirty eyes. “I am happy with the prince’s gift.”
“As long as the viscount is happy with it.” Hilda didn’t forget to add, “There is one more matter I want to talk about.”
As he turned to face Hilda, his smile faded into a frown. However, as a noble who had dabbled in politics for a long time, he could guess what Hilda wanted to discuss.
“We are getting close to the northern forest of the barbarians. And the battles would become more violent. So if the knights under viscount could help the knights of my army, we could reduce some unwanted casualties.”
From the expression on his face, anyone could guess that he didn’t like the topic. Still, he pointed at Helen, adding, “as long as the prince is willing to part with some precious gift like her, I might be willing.”
Hilda gave a bright smile, adding, “As long as the viscount is willing. I will not waste any more time. Please use this house during our stay in the village. I have also prepared a feast for the viscount.”
Hearing her clap, a few of the servants came in with some hot dishes and a few jugs of wine.
“Then I won’t hesitate,” Viscount said with a smile. However, he had no intention of touching any of the food delivered by Hilda.
“Viscount Rook, may I ask what is that?”
“What?” Viscount Rook looked at the small white three-tailed fox sleeping at the edge of the bed. He explained, “It has come to the house after I came here. I think it is some kind of special animal.”
He rubbed its head, adding, “I think it like my company.”
“I must say the viscount is quite lucky.” Hilda smiled, adding, “I won’t waste any more of Viscount’s time.”
And Hilda left with Cyan. After they came far enough, Cyan asked, “your majesty, is there a reason why you delivered the food to him? After all, he has no intention of eating.”
Food is a valuable resource on the battlefield. And wasting food is a serious offense.
He was absolutely sure the Viscount would not eat a single grain of it. So he couldn’t help asking.
Hilda stopped in front of the warehouse, where she had first met Helen. She smiled at him, saying, “a hunter needs her weapon to hunt her prey.”
As Cyan was trying to understand Hilda’s words, Hilda added, “I will spend my night here, and no matter what happens, don’t let anybody disturb me.”
13