Chapter 1 – Enter Kermit
412 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Kermit! Kermit! Wake up baby, wake up!"

A womanly voice cried out.

The woman was in her early forties, but she looked younger. Her pale blue hair stretched down her back and her cream-colored skin had faint marks of dirt. Her slim hands was stretched out as she shook a young boy who had his eyes closed. No matter how much she moved him, his eyes would not open.

"Neja, do something!"

Turning her head slightly, she glanced at her husband.

His back was against the wall and his face was somewhat pale. Bandages wrapped all around the stub of his left arm as sweat dripped from his face.

Seeing his appearance, her stomach dropped. She was not skilled in medicine and all those that they were close with turned their backs against them. Now they were trapped, stuck in this dark cave in the middle of the night.

"What did you say?"

Neja's voice was barely audible, he was struggling to speak.

"Nothing, are you going to be ok?"

Neja coughed in response.

Three figures entered the cave, each one carrying something. They all resembled each other in some way, which could be said due to them being related.

"Mother, we've returned."

A young teen said as he approached his mom. He was wearing dark blue clothes and his pale blue hair was curled. There was a small cut on his right cheek.

"Mishimoto, welcome back. I'm afraid your brother is not waking up... I'm at a loss of what to do. You should help your father instead, he needs proper treatment."

Mishimoto shook his head and showed his mother a light blue herb. It was small and had a light hue to it in this cave.

"Let uncle and cousin take care of father, we should try to treat Kermit. This is the purify spirit leaf, I found it when we were collecting wood for the fire. If we crush this and mix it in with the other medical herbs, it might be able to wake Kermit."

Mishimoto said as he knelt down.

His mother nodded and moved, she grabbed a wooden plank and set it in front of Mishimoto. Seeing his mother's face starting to show how hopeful she was, he felt relieved. If this did not work, then they could only wait for Kermit to wake up on his own.

Mishimoto crushed the herbs on the plank with his thumb and started to mix them together. When it was done, he grabbed a wooden bowl that had a crack on the edge. Placing the mixture into the bowl, he went outside and collecting some water from the rain.

Only when he had enough did he come back inside and start swirling the bowl around in a circle until the water turned light blue.

"Let me."

His mother said to him as she grabbed the bowl from his hand and brought it close to Kermit's face. Her left hand held the bowl and her right lifted his head up.

"Drink it, baby, you must wake up."

She told her unconscious son as she placed the bowl's edge against his lips. The concoction slid down Kermit's mouth, but some of it also went down the edge of his mouth.

"That damn Kuriki Clan, ambushing us in the middle of the night like that! How dare they? Where is their honor?"

Mishimoto clenched his fist tightly.

"It was not only them, none of our allies helped us during our time of need. This betrayal cannot go unpunished."

His mother said as she brushed Kermit's light blue hair back.

"We are the only ones left, what are we going to do?"

Mishimoto asked as he unclenched his fist.

"Your father is wounded, and your brother unconscious. What do you want us to do? Go attack them in a fit of rage? Our best bet is to wait until Neja recovers from his wounds and see what he wants to do."

Mishimoto gritted his teeth but nodded his head.

There was no need to rush, no need to die. They still had each other, that was all that mattered.

[Upload complete, information pertaining to the world can now be viewed through the codex.]

[Note that the information in the codex will only be what you know or have heard.]

[Kekkai Genkai awakened.]

Kermit who was unmoving a moment ago started to stir.

"Kermit!? Baby!"

His mother smiled as tears ran down her face.

When he opened his eyes, Kermit saw the middle-aged woman and young teen staring at him. From the corner of his eye, he could also see three others.

Name: Asago Kermito

Status: Shinobi-in-training

Ninjutsu: 5 Physique: 15 Charka: 50

Nature Type: Unknown

Kekkai Genkai: Phantasm Release

[User is currently in the middle of the Warring States time period in the world of Naruto. You are the second son of the Asago clan patriarch who was injured during your clan's massacre. Although your talent is normal, you managed to awaken your clan's bloodline limit. Something that has not been seen since the days of the Asago's founder.]

7