Chapter 2 – Phantasm
293 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It took a moment for him to absorb everything. From who he was, to what was going on, to where he was. It felt strange, but he was not even upset. He enjoyed the series 'Naruto' and now he got to live in its world. Although he might not know what occurred during this time period, that did not change anything.

After he leaned forward, a middle-aged woman grabbed hold of him and pulled him towards her. He knew that this was his mother, Asago Ai.

"Can't breathe..."

Kermit managed to say those few words as his mother was holding him tight. She seemed to be afraid to lose him.

His shoulder felt damp and from the sniffles he heard, he figured that she was crying. Although he could not breathe much, he let it go. Kermit felt warm in his mother's embrace and he knew from the memories what she has been through.

After two minutes she finally let him go.

"How do you feel little brother?"

A voice asked him.

Kermit noticed the young teen gazing in his direction. His pale blue hair was curled and his eyes looked curious.

Thus was his older brother, Asago Mishimoto. Mishimoto was seven years older than Kermit, making him 13 years old. Kermit himself was only 6 years old at this time.

"A bit weak, but I'm ok."

Kermit replied.

He was weak as he could feel his muscles ache. Kermit was not sure if it was due to the previous owner of this body having ran a great length without stopping or something else. Whatever the case may be, he would not be able to move his body fully anytime soon.

Mishimoto's body seemed to relax a bit as his shoulders slumped down. Now that his younger brother was safe and sound, there was no need to worry.

His father was still injured, but Mishimoto was not worried. His father has lived this long and been in many wars, it was unlikely that he would fall here.

"Mama, what happened to Dad?"

Kermit asked.

"Don't worry about that right now baby, just focus on recovering. We might be away from our pursuers but that does not mean we are safe. We still need to move."

"She's right. Your father might be injured, but his wounds will heal faster than yours. We need to keep heading south at least until we cross the border."

A deep voice spoke out this time. It belonged to a middle-aged man with short pale blue hair. His eyes looked gentle as the ocean, and blue like the sky.

Kermit also knew him. It was his uncle, Asago Denji.

"I'll try."

Kermit replied.

"No, trying is not good enough. You have to recover in three da-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Neja grabbed hold of Denji's shoulder. Denji looked at his brother who only shook his head.

"You cannot treat him like this forever Neja. He's not a boy anymore, and if we want to recover we must all contribute."

"He's right Dad, I have to get stronger. I cannot be the only one here being protected."

Kermit clenched his fist ad he recalled what occurred in the last few days. He was weak, he knew that and the stats he saw showed him that.

The world of 'Naruto' was never peaceful, and if there was peace it never lasted long. Sure, his knowledge may not be any good here but it was not all a waste. There were ninjutusu that he could use that was not even created yet.

Kermit did not know if he had any talent for being a ninja, nor if he could create any jutsu. However, that would not stop him from trying.

"Spoken like a true man of the Asago clan!"

Denji complimented Kermit, while his mother could only smile.

"Mishi, teach Kermit the basics. Just enough so he can heal himself, ok?"

Ai looked at her other son and said.

Mishimoto nodded his head and started to explain to Kermit what he knew about Chakra. Kermit was not a fast learner, but to others it might seem that way.

Be already had the Chakra in his body, how much was 50? That was unknown to him, but Kermit knew it was not a lot. Still, from what his older brother told him he could increase his recovery with Chakra. Thus that is what he did with the amount that was already inside his body.

His family was shocked by this, all believing that Kermit was talented.

His aches started to fade, but he still found it hard to move. It was not until the second day did he finally recover.

Kermit was smaller than everyone else, but he did not hate it. That only meant he had a linger growth period than them.

[Phantasm Release - User is able to conjure powerful illusions that can be seen and felt but not touched.]

The description of his kekkai genkai was a bit strange, as Kermit was curious as to what it was. The information he obtained stated that this ability was not seen since the days of the Asago founder.

Did that mean his family did not know what It was?

It never hurt to ask.

"Mom, what is Phantasm Release?"

"Why?"

Kermit smiled softly.

"I had a dream.... it seemed so real but I'm not actually sure."

Ai's eyebrows furrowed as she looked at her son. A dream?

"Actually, your mom is not too sure about it either. All I can remember is that your great-grandfather had that ability."

Ai showed Kermit a kunai. It was chipped in a few places showcasing that it has been used many times before.

"All I can remember is that he was able to attack his enemies with objects that were not actually real. So in a sense, it's like this kunai here. We can see, touch, and feel it. It's sharp, and it can cause a person to bleed. But your great-grandfather could summon an illusion of a kunai. The only difference between it and this kunai was that his could not be touched."

"So, it could still harm people?"

Kermit asked as he paid close attention.

Ai simply laughed.

"Yes baby, it could."

6