Chapter 6 -Land of
209 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuri knelt down as she placed her finger over her lips, signaling for Kermit to be quiet. Seeing that he understood her intentions, she moved forward slowly not making a sound. Kermit followed suit and so did Mishimoto.

Behind thick bushes, the three hide as Yuri peeked above.

"I can't get a good view from here, I'm going up."

Yuri's hushed voice sounded out as Mishimoto nodded.

A moment later Yuri's figure was gone.

Seeing such a sight for the first time, Kermit was amazed at her abilities. He had no one to compare her to, but from his point of view it was impossible to track her.

Kermit looked up from behind the bush and saw what she saw. A group of shinobi dawned in some black armor with a red insignia on the back. Kermit's vision was not that good to see exactly what the symbol was, but he could see that the situation in front of them was not looking good.

Four shinobi surrounded three others.

From the little he could make out, Kermit saw that they were injured. Yet, they were still willing to fight by their stance.

"Are they a clan?"

Kermit asked his brother in a hushed voice.

Mishimoto shook his head.

"I don't know, they might be. This is the first time I've seen shinobi wear armor in such a fashion. But from the red spiral on their chest piece, I'd assume so."

"You can see it from here?"

Kermit asked slightly amazed at his older brother's vision.

Mishiomoto simply smiled.

"The other group seems to be protecting that young child. He does not look afraid though, and his eyes are weird."

Mishimoto told Kermit as he continued to look at the scene take place in front of them.

"What do you mean? What's wrong with his eyes?"

In Kermit's mind, he was wondering if that young child had some sort of dojutsu active. This was the Naruto world and the majority of the dojutsu kekkai genkai were busted. While he did not know them all, he knew of the big three. That is why he was curious, to see if it had the features of one of them.

"I don't know, he just looks blind. I can't see his pupils or anything, just looks white."

Kermit knew exactly what it was, but he could not tell his older brother what those eyes were. It would be strange that he knew when he was so young and not really a shinobi. There would be many questions that he would not be able to answer.

"That is odd, do you think he can see?"

Mishimoto shook his head again.

"I don't know, but it looks like trouble is stirring. Watch."

Kermit listened to his older brother and focused his attention on what was going on in front of him. Two of the shinobi dawned in black armor pulled out their katana's and started attacking. The two shinobi who were guarding the young child moved as they deflected the attack with their kunai. A moment later they sent a palm attack striking the men in their stomachs.

It did not look like it had any effect on them as they were wearing armor.

From the side, the two shinobi were hit causing them to stumble back. In the short time, they had to react, they both threw a shuriken towards their opponent. One was almost struck, but he moved out of the way and the other one missed its target.

A fireball flew towards the two shinobi protecting the young child but they had little time to react. The fireball landed on them and caused a small explosion. Smoke rose and with it, Kermit could no longer see the two shinobi. He could not even see the young child.

All he saw were the four armored shinobi.

Before the smoke dispersed a figure emerged from it. It was the young child. Kermit had no idea if they were a male or a female because of their long black hair. All he saw was the quick movements the child made.

They threw out a flurry of hits on the closest armored shinobi. The armored shinobi fell to the ground, and the young child moved onto their next target.

"Wow, he can't be much older than you Kermit."

Mishimoto said with a look of amazement on his face.

The young boy was moving rapidly dodging attacks and striking his opponents. Nothing touched his body which showed how skilled and perceptive he was. Mishimoto would find it difficult to beat four enemies if he was going against them by himself. Escaping he might be able to do, but defeating them? That was another matter.

The young boy looked up from the ground and gazed in Mishimoto and Kermit's direction.

"I think he sees us."

Mishimoto placed his hand on Kermit's shoulder and spoke.

Before Kermit could say anything, he felt his body being lifted up. His surroundings changed and he was no longer on the ground. He was in a tree not too far away from the spot he was at.

"We should leave."

Yuri suggested.

Mishimoto nodded in agreement.

Whoever this was, it was not somebody that they wanted to mess with.

For them, this was new and gave them a small insight into what these new lands held. But for Kermit, this told him something they even his parents did not know. They were in the land of fire.

5