Chapter 15 – Worries
168 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ai was shaking as she listened to Denji speak. "What do you mean Kermit's trapped?" Her voice that was usually calm erupted. "How did you let this happen?" She asked before Denji even had a chance to answer her first question. "What were you even doing Denji?"

Denji sighed to himself, he knew this was going to happen. His gaze turned towards Neja. "I was not the one who sent him out hunting. Alone." Denji added the last part to empathize what Neja did.

Ai grabbed her husband by his collar. "You sent him out alone? He's only six, what if something happened to him? Oh wait! Something did happen."

Neja looked down at the ground. He could understand his wife's anger, but he never thought that this would occur. Never in his wildest dreams.

"We'll get him back Ai." Neja told Ai ad he grabbed her hands gently trying to calm her mind.

"You're right, we will." Ai said as she looked at Denji who assumed he escaped her rage. "Where is this place?" She asked him as she tapped her foot on the ground.

"It's not that far from here, but it's not in an area we explored yet. Just be aware that the barrier is not normal, I've never seen anything like it." Denji warned her.

"I don't care what it is, I'm getting my son back!"

"You said that there were two others there?" Neja asked his brother.

Denji nodded. "They were there before me. They said they were looking to retrieve something inside the barrier. I figure it is the other child inside with Kermit."

"Luckily they had no intention on assaulting you. If neither of them could break the barrier, and you couldn't. What are the chances of the five of us breaking it?" Neja said but soon regretted those words when he saw the fury in Ai's eyes.

"We have no clue what is going on in that place and we can't waste anymore time. Just lead us there already!" Ai yelled.

Mishimoto and Yuri were not present, both of them were out gathering supplies. Neja and Ai both came back from exploring the southern region of this place only to find their son was trapped in a barrier.

Ai felt her heart drop when Denji told her that. She wished she never left and stayed.

Denji nodded and motioned with his head in the direction the barrier was. All three of them vanished, moving at top speed.

The problem was that even at top speed Denji could not find that place anymore. He arrived at the area he saw the blood, but there was no blood and nothing was disturbed.

"Why did we stop?" Ai questioned him as she placed her hand on a tree while looking at the ground beneath them.

"Something is off here..." Denji said as his body blurred and he reappeared on the ground. Kneeling down he placed his palm on the ground and sensed any life in the vicinity.

There was nothing. He could not sense anyone besides Ai and Neja.

"I..." Denji was afraid to even speak.

"You what?" Neja asked him as he appeared by his side.

"I... I can't find it." Denji admitted reluctantly.

"You what?!" Ai shouted. "Are you telling me you cannot find the place and that my baby is out there somewhere trapped in a barrier?"

Denji did not want to say anything as it would only upset her further. But he was positive this was the right direction. "Let's just move forward, maybe it's up ahead."

7