Chapter 17 – Talking Dog
180 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Those golden colored eyes came closer, until Izumi and Kermit could make out who it belonged to. They belonged to wolves!

Kermit swiftly reached for his kunai as he spread his legs a bit taking a fighting stance.

The wolves were large, as tall as Kermit and Izumi. Their fur was different colors, but all were shades of gray or black. What was the most noticeable was the wolf with a scar over its right eye and a pipe in its mouth. This wolf was taller than the others, and the fierce gaze it was giving the two kids almost made them freeze in fear.

"Why are wolves here? I didn't see any yesterday!" Izumi asked as she jumped on her feet.

"I don't know, but there are a lot of them. Do you think we can take them?" Kermit asked her as he observed the six wolves in front of him.

"I think... I should tell you something..." Izumi spoke as her voice started to become faint.

"You have to say something now?" Kermit asked confused. This was not the time to confess or discuss anything.

"Yes... I can't fight..." Izumi said embarrassed. Her cheeks flushed red after she said those words.

"Huh? Aren't you a shinobi?" Kermit was taken aback by this sudden revelation.

"I never said I was." Izumi told him.

As Kermit thought back on it, she never said she knew how to fight. Even when they were looking for an exit, she had almost tripped over a root.

He did wonder why she did not have any ninja tools on her.

Kermit had faith in his ability to fight, but not that much. He could not take on six wolves by himself. Not even on his best day.

'Do wolves swim?' Kermit asked himself as he saw the open pond of water. 'Yeah, they do.' He told himself as he remembered dogs could swim.

His next option was to climb the tree. But, did Izumi know how to climb a tree? He did not want to leave her.

The pack of wolves bared their teeth showing off their large canines. Soon a growl escaped from their mouths.

"Take this." Kermit passed Izumi a spare kunai he had stored in his pouch. It was his last one. "Just swing it when they come."

Izumi took the kunai and nodded her head. She was unsure if this was the proper way to hold it, so she glanced at Kermit and copied him.

A moment later, the pack of wolves dashed towards them. Both the kids could feel their hearts drop.

"Thanks Kermit." Izumi said to him.

Kermit was unsure why she said those words, but he had no time to reply. The wolves were moving fast.

Two wolves were faster than the others, they leaped straight towards Kermit and Izumi. Their size was massive, and the weight on the two beasts were more than Kermit and Izumi weighed combined.

Izumi recklessly swung the kunai in her hand.

Kermit focused as he waited for the perfect moment to strike.

Both wolves bodies blurred, leaving Izumi and Kermit stunned. A second later, both of them were pushed to the ground from behind.

The two wolves that leapt at them were standing over them with one paw on their backs. The other four wolves were in front of the two kids.

"You didn't run, you both faced us with courage. You stayed together, showing off loyalty. You both pass."

Kermit could have sworn he heard someone talking to them, but when he managed to raise his head all he saw were the wolves.

"It's a talking dog! Kermit, it's a talking dog!" Izumi said twice in a row.

5