Chapter 7: More about the System
4.6k 21 182
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ugh... 5000 points... you gotta be kidding me.......

I'll need to hunt another lone wolf, and that alone is dangerous enough for me to lose my life should I fail.

Ah... I'll do that later. For now, I should get out of here, and take my prize with me as well.

With that being said, I took the wolf monster's corpse, as well as the rabbit and monkey's corpses, and put them all into the Dark Domain. After that, I scurried out of there, heading straight to the stairs which I had found earlier while exploring.

Alright, I can relax here since this is a safe spot.

Status.

Name: Sheila Frontier (Rei Hoshimiya)

Race: True Demon

Lvl: 3 (Next Lvl Req: 5000)

Title: [Reincarnation from Another World], [Key of the World], [Coward]

Physical Offense: 301

Physical Defense; 353

Magical Offense: 723

Magical Defense: 801

Speed: 385

Skill(s): [Dark Domain], [Appraisal LVL 4], [Vital Strike LV 1], [Auto Healing LV 1], [Survivor LV 1], [Danger Sense LV 1]
Current Point(s): 2700

Hmm... As I thought, it increased, didn't it? My Physical Defense and Magical Offense stats, I mean. Because putting aside that fact that my stats increased by a hundred when I levelled up, I am pretty sure that my Physical Defense stat was supposed to be somewhere around 250 before levelling up, and Magical Offense was to be 622 before that as well.

So where did the additional stat increase come from...?

Hm... There can only be one answer... It's because I took damage from the rabbit that my Physical Defense stat increased. As for the Magical Offense stat, that was most likely because of my sneak attack on the wolf monster via Dark Domain: Slaughter.

If that's the case, what would happen if I were to say... punch this wall right now?

I stood up, faced the wall, and proceed to throw a punch at it. Which resulted in a large crack formed surface of the wall.

Oh wow! I'm more powerful than I thought. Huh... I guess it makes sense though, considering that my race isn't human anymore. But still, even after causing this much damage to the wall, it still won't be enough to deal damage to the monsters with high Physical Defense, huh?

Just how tough are they!?

Anyways, I should check my status; see if anything has changed are punching the wall.

Name: Sheila Frontier (Rei Hoshimiya)

Race: True Demon

Lvl: 3 (Next Lvl Req: 5000)

Title: [Reincarnation from Another World], [Key of the World], [Coward]

Physical Offense: 301

Physical Defense; 353

Magical Offense: 723

Magical Defense: 801

Speed: 385

Skill(s): [Dark Domain], [Appraisal LVL 4], [Vital Strike LV 1], [Auto Healing LV 1], [Survivor LV 1], [Danger Sense LV 1]
Current Point(s): 2700

Nope, nothing... Maybe I need to punch the wall more? Let's try it.

I closed the status screen, clenched my fist and punched the wall five more times. Afterwards, I opened up the status again to see if something has changed.

Name: Sheila Frontier (Rei Hoshimiya)

Race: True Demon

Lvl: 3 (Next Lvl Req: 5000)

Title: [Reincarnation from Another World], [Key of the World], [Coward]

Physical Offense: 303

Physical Defense; 353

Magical Offense: 723

Magical Defense: 801

Speed: 385

Skill(s): [Dark Domain], [Appraisal LVL 4], [Vital Strike LV 1], [Auto Healing LV 1], [Survivor LV 1], [Danger Sense LV 1]
Current Point(s): 2700

Oh! My Physical Offense went up by two points. So I wasn't seeing things. My stats increased slightly due to certain actions being performed. And considering that I had punched the wall a total of six times, it would be safe to guess that a single point increase would equate to 3 punches.

Hmm... This is useful knowledge. It means that I don't have to rely on levelling up to increase my stats. I can just do that myself.

But still, such an important info... Why didn't you tell me that, Evil God-san!? Or did you forget about it too!?

Ugh, anyways... It's safe to say that the action of attacking can increase my Offense stats, depending on it being physical or magical. As for the Defense stats, taking damage is the way to increase it. But what about the Speed stat? Would running increase it? If so, how far must I run to increase it by one point?

Hmmm.... I guess the only way to find out is to try it myself. But before that, I'm hungry. So let's eat something first.

I called upon Dark Domain and from it, I had it take out the corpse of the wolf monster and manipulated the darkness to bleed and skin its carcass in a sloppy manner, putting the blood and damaged fur back into the domain.

As it was doing that, however, I realised something important.

I have no way to cook the meat now, do I...?

Oh god no... Does this mean I have to eat it raw? I'm not going to get salmonella from doing that, am I? No no no no no, it's too risky. I need a way to cook the meat now!

That's it! Evil God-san said that acquiring new skills requires points, right? I got points. Maybe I can get a skill that can help me cook meat, like say... Fire Magic or something like that!

Alright, let's see what new skills I can get!

...Wait, how do I do that? Umm System-san, is there a list I can see or something— Whoa!

Skills Able to Learn:

[Sneak LV 1], [Pain Resistance LV 1], [Magic Combat Mastery LV 1], [Magic Sense LV 1], [Magic Control LV 1], [Life Sense LV 1], [Dark Magic LV 1], [Death Sense LV 1], [Physical Resistance LV 1], [Magic Resistance LV 1], [Super Speed LV 1], [Holy Resistance LV 1], [Fear Resistance LV 1]

Where is it... Where is my Fire Magic!? How am I gonna cook my meat without it!?

I mean, the Dark Magic is probably the coolest in the list, but I already have Dark Domain, and my stomach is rumbling! And I also need fire to cook meat! So give me Fire Magic, damn system! I don't know how to make a fire on my own!

...I have no choice now, do I?

Holding a piece of wolf meat in my hands, I swallowed my saliva, steel my heart, and went for the bite.

Mmph... Ugh... Raw meat tastes horrible! But... it's still better than starving to death. So wolf it down, girl! No time to back out. You gotta have guts! Worry about food poisoning later!

Bleh! It's still disgusting though...

I swear... one of these days, I will obtain Fire Magic no matter what!

...

After that nasty meal, I climbed the stairs up to the 87th floor. While doing so, I gained myself some new skills by spending most of the remaining points I have, since they seemed to be the most useful in the list. And with no idea as to how much points will be needed to reach level 5, I need the best skills that can help my endeavor for grinding.

«500 Points Spent... Skill Acquired: [Sneak LV 1]»

«500 Points Spent... Skill Acquired: [Magic Combat Mastery LV 1]»

«1000 Points Spent... Skill Acquired: [Super Speed LV 1]»

Name: Sheila Frontier (Rei Hoshimiya)

Race: True Demon

Lvl: 3 (Next Lvl Req: 5000)

Title: [Reincarnation from Another World], [Key of the World], [Coward]

Physical Offense: 303

Physical Defense; 353

Magical Offense: 773 (+50)

Magical Defense: 851 (+50)

Speed: 385

Skill(s): [Dark Domain], [Appraisal LVL 4], [Vital Strike LV 1], [Auto Healing LV 1], [Survivor LV 1], [Danger Sense LV 1], [Sneak LV 1](NEW), [Magic Combat Mastery LV 1](NEW), [Super Speed LV 1](NEW)
Current Point(s): 700

Oh. It seems like gaining the Magic Combat Mastery skill has increased my Magical stats. So certain skills can increase stats as well, huh? That's another useful knowledge. Maybe some titles can do that as well.

But anyways, while they are pretty point-costly, my method of killing monsters should be a little easier with the Sneak skill. And if that fails, I can use the Super Speed skill plus the Coward title to escape quickly.

Alright, with that being said, my goal now is to steadily grind for points while climbing up the floors, and increase my stats by doing some manual training as well.

In order for my survival... In order for me to escape, I need to get as strong as I possibly can in this dungeon!

Thanks for reading. 🍫

Hope you liked it.

Goodbye!

182