Chapter 15: Kill Assist
4.3k 20 158
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hmm... Fire Magic and Barrier Magic... So these are the only types of magic Kyuki can use right now, huh?

The level of its Barrier Magic is higher than the level of its Fire Magic. That's most likely due to the time when it was under attack by the snake monster. And then there is Short Range Teleportation, which is a skill I would love to have since I have several moves of Dark Domain that could potentially benefit from this skill. Juggernaut Armour being one of those moves.

Wait... Is it possible for me to teleport with Kyuki if it uses the skill while on me? I'll have to test that out as soon as possible.

Anyways, back to Kyuki's skills... The one I am most curious about right now is the Spirit Return skill, which Kyuki had just obtained.

Spirit Return: <An exclusive skill of the [Spirit] race> Transfer the [Spirit] back to their [Contractor] no matter the location.

Oh wow! So basically, if Kyuki and I were to somehow get separated from each other, it can just use this skill to find me. Now that's convenient. No need for me to put up missing posters if Kyuki ever gets lost.

Also, it seems like because of the Spirit Contractor title, I can not only see Kyuki's full stats, but the details of its skills as well. Well, that's good to know.

"Kyuu?"

Ah, sorry to keep you waiting. I'm done looking at your skills now.

Kyuu!

Regarding one of your skills though, there is something I want to try with it.

Kyuu?

Your Short Range Teleportation skill. I want to see if you can teleport me along with you when you use it. Think you can do that? 

Kyuu~!

Great. Climb on up then. Let's test it out right now.

I lifted Kyuki into my arms, who then climbed up onto my shoulder. Afterwards, I stood up and faced forward, as I then issue the command to Kyuki.

Do it, Kyuki!

Kyuu!

Kyuki activates the skill and teleported some distance to the front. I, however, remained at the same spot.

Looks like my theory was wrong, huh...

Well, it'd be great if it wasn't, but yeah... not everything goes according to plan in life.

I walked towards Kyuki whose ears dropped, seemingly disappointed that the test failed. I picked it up into my arms and then petted its head to comfort it.

Don't worry about it. It's not like I expected it to succeed in the first place.

Kyuu...

There there... Cheer up now. There are still some more things I want to test and I require your skills to do that. So, can you help me with that?

Kyuu...... Kyuu!

«Proficiency Threshold Reached... Skill has Levelled Up: [Spirit Telepathy LV 1] -> [Spirit Telepathy LV 2]»

With a cheerful "kyuu", we proceeded to leave the safe spot and head off into the danger area where the monsters are. The other things I wanted to test are Kyuki's Fire Magic and Barrier Magic. I want to see the specs of those skills and how capable they are in battle. Since every bit of information is crucial to my— no... our survival in this dungeon. And if we are to escape this wretched place one day, I'll need to know of my and Kyuki's strength in the matter. Otherwise, we'll die.

Also, I had not realised it until now but I seem to be conversing with Kyuki fairly easily. But... that's probably because I'm speaking to it with my thoughts instead of my voice. Plus, Kyuki is more of an animal than a person, so me being able to converse with it has probably something to do with the fact that I see Kyuki as a pet.

Kyuki and I entered Shadow Sneak and went to search for monsters that will help us in the test. Soon not long after, we found a wolf sleeping alone.

Among the various types of monsters here, the wolf monsters possess the highest amount of Physical Offense stat. Which is why they are the perfect subjects for the tests I am about to do.

Listen up, Kyuki. We are going to fight that doggy over there now.

Kyuu!

However, I will only be evading its attacks. The one who will attack and defend will be you.

Kyuu!?

This is a test to see how strong you are at level 1. Don't worry though, I won't let us get killed and I'm sure even you can one shot that wolf with your Fire Magic. So have faith in me and let's do this, alright?

Kyuu!

We approached the sleeping wolf and emerged from Shadow Sneak. Sensing our presence, the wolf wakes up immediately and growls at us to scare us away before doing anything else.

«Proficiency Threshold Reached... Skill has Levelled Up: [Fear Resistance LV 4] -> [Fear Resistance LV 5]»

Looks like I'll be fine against its intimidation, but Kyuki on the other hand is shivering in fear because it doesn't have the Fear Resistance skill like me.

Don't worry. I'm here with you.

I petted Kyuki on my shoulder to calm it down. Kyuki then looks at me for a moment before staring down at the wolf, trying its best to resist its intimidation with sheer willpower alone.

Seeing neither of us running away, the wolf stopped its intimidation skill and enters into attack mode, ready for battle.

Kyuki, Barrier Magic now!

"Kyuu!"

I used the Spirit Command skill to give Kyuki an order. Kyuki then casted a dome-shaped barrier around us, just as the wolf lunges itself to attack us.

Oh wow, the barrier is pretty strong. The wolf just got knocked back because of it. But the barrier has also sustained a significant amount of damage, judging by the large claw mark left by the wolf's first attack.

At this rate, it only requires several more attack for the wolf to break through. And this is the same barrier that could receive multiple hits from a snake monster dammit. But that's probably because its Physical Offense stat is about half of what the wolf's is.

Which means... Enough defending, Kyuki. Get ready to use your Fire Magic on the wolf when I tell you to.

Kyuu!

Kyuki dispels the barrier as I then carried it in my left arm. The wolf got up and growls at us, before charging towards us for its second attack.

Super Speed.

I rushed towards the wolf as well. And just as we were about to close the distance on each other, the wolf jumped up high, baring its teeth at my neck. I dropped down low, however. Evading its attack by sliding underneath it. And right before the wolf landed on the ground, I used Dark Domain to form two large hands of darkness to grab the wolf in midair. Causing it to struggle once it got caught in my trap.

Now, Kyuki! Roast its ass!

"Kyuu!"

A large ball of blue fire was conjured up and thrown at the captured wolf. Resulting in its body to be burnt in flames, as it desperately tries to free itself while howling in pain. It did not took long for the wolf to succumb to the fire though, as it stopped moving soon after being ignited into flames.

Just in case, I use Slaughter to confirm it is dead before both, Kyuki and I, relaxed our nerves.

Good job, Kyuki.

"Kyuu!"

I petted Kyuki on the head, who looks really happy that it has scored itself a kill. What's more, I have somehow gained some points after the fight, despite Kyuki being the one who dealt the killing blow.

Perhaps it was because I had assisted in the fight by restraining the wolf. Which means... even if you don't kill the target in the end, you can still earn points through kill assists.

Heh... hehehehehe....

Alright then... shall we go and "kyuu" some more wolves, Kyuki? 

"Kyuu~!!"

Great. Then let's go.

Sorry for the wait.

Thanks for reading. 🍫

158