Chapter 17: The Consequences of One’s Actions
4.3k 16 150
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kyuuuu...

Patience, Kyuki. Patience... Do not get hasty now.

Currently on the 86th floor, I am watching over Kyuki in Shadow Sneak, as it tails a wolf monster in stealth; who in turn, is tailing a snake monster in stealth as well.

The reason this is happening is to teach Kyuki how to kill a target, stealthily. Specifically, the wolf monsters, as they are the only type of monsters here I have killed the most. So, I know when and when not to strike while hunting them.

Although... if there is one thing that was unexpected in this situation, that would be the wolf stalking the snake, as it did not happen when we first started this training. Hopefully, this does not affect the training.

Kyuu.....

Not yet, Kyuki. Be patient now. If my prediction is correct, you'll have the chance to strike soon. So, wait.

Kyuu.

We continued following the wolf and the snake as they move from one area to another. Eventually though, the wolf saw an opportunity and went for the kill. However, the snake seemed to have noticed the wolf's presence as it slithers out of the way, evading the wolf's surprise attack as a battle then ensues between the two, while Kyuki watches behind a rock.

Alright people! The wolf or the snake, which do you think will win!? Place your bets now and win absolutely nothing!!! Me? Well I want the wolf to win so that Kyuki can get its kill later on. Because if the snake wins, then we'll have to find another wolf to kill since the snake most likely has some sort of skill that can fatally damage its killer after death, or something like that. Either way, killing the snake would be bad. Especially for Kyuki who doesn't have the Survivor skill.

So please wolfy boy... win! Win so that we can kill you!

The snakes hisses at the wolf and went for a head strike. The wolf jumped away from the line of attack and then brandishes its claw for a counterattack.

The battle between those two became even more ferocious as they attempt to land a hit on each other without taking damage themselves.

I moved next to Kyuki and proceed to watch the fight together with my little fox spirit.

I really wish we have some popcorn, because this fight is about to become interesting right now.

Multiple times, the snake tries to ensnare the wolf with its tail and multiple times, the wolf dodges it. Making a counterattack in the process, to which the same thing happens vice versa.

But eventually, the snake couldn't slither out of every attack and got its tail bitten by the wolf's sharp teeth. Causing it to retaliate in a fierce manner; slapping the wolf away from itself to a dungeon wall, which caused a crack to be formed. 

Oof! That has got to hurt for the wolf.

After receiving a critical blow, the wolf coughed out blood as it struggles to get up due to its injuries.

Come on, wolfy boy. You can't lose here!

Seeing its opponent being fatally injured, the snake went for the kill; baring its most likely toxic fangs onto the wolf and bit its abdomen. Causing the wolf to howl in agony as its body bleeds unnaturally.

Mmm... Seems like my prediction was wrong.

*Grrrrrr~*

...Or so I thought.

As the wolf suffers at the fangs of the snake, it suddenly turned its neck and chomped hard on the snake with all of its might. Forcing the snake to release its fangs from the wolf's abdomen as the wolf then proceeds to rip the snake's head from its body. Resulting in the snake's death and the wolf's victory to my amazement.

Wow~ I'm impressed...

. . .

Alright, do it Kyuki. Go for the head.

"Kyuu~!!"

Kyuki conjured up a flaming lance and launched it straight at the dying wolf. Caught off guard and unable to dodge due to its injuries, the attack easily penetrated the wolf in the head, putting the doggy out of its misery.

Great job, Kyuki! Excellent execution right there!

"Kyuu~"

Now let's go find some more wolves to stealth kill, shall— Ow!

What the... Who the heck threw a rock at me!?

*Hoo hoo haa haa!*

I turned around to the sound behind me and see a monkey monster glaring fiercely at me.

It's looks pretty small compared to the usual monkey monsters I always see. But rather than that...

That hurt, you little rascal!

*Grrrrr~*

What? You wanna go? That it?

...Let me check your stats first.

Name: (none)

Race: Troublemaker Simia

Lvl: 10

Physical Offense: 184

Physical Defense: 360

Magical Offense: 52

Magical Defense: 295

Speed: 187

Errr... the hell? This little guy is weak af! And it wants to pick a fight with me?

Buahahahahahahaha~!!!

Dark Domain: Slaughter.

*Eeek~*

Its death was instant. As the body dropped dead on the floor.

«Proficiency Threshold Reached... Skill has Level Up: [Vital Strike LV 2] -> [Vital Strike LV 3]»

«Proficiency Threshold Reached... Skill has Level Up: [Magic Combat Mastery LV 1] -> [Magic Combat Mastery LV 2]»

Foolish monkey. You dare throw a rock at my head, glare at me and then pick a fight with me? You deserve the death penalty, I say! Death penalty!!!

And what's more, I didn't even get much points from it. Probably because of its low level. In other words, the amount of points earned are based on the level of the lifeform, huh? Well, that's a new info.

But anyways, I should put the monkey's corpse, as well as the other two corpses, into Dark Domain.

I wonder how monkey meat would taste like? And speaking of meat, I should also try the snake meat as well! As soon as I get poison resistance or something, because no way am I touching that poisonous body now!

*poof!*

Eh, what? A note from Evil God-san? Oh wow, it's been awhile since he sent me one. I wonder what he has to tell me...

"Run."

Huh? That's it? He didn't even sign his name at the end. What the hell?

"K-K-Kyuu! Kyuu!! Kyuu!!!"

What's wrong, Kyuki? What do you... see....?

Oh no...

Oh no no no no no....

What the fuck!? How many monkeys are there!?

«Proficiency Threshold Reached... Skill has Level Up: [Danger Sense LV 2] -> [Danger Sense LV 3]»

«Proficiency Threshold Reached... Skill has Level Up: [Danger Sense LV 3] -> [Danger Sense LV 4]»

«Proficiency Threshold Reached... Skill has Level Up: [Danger Sense LV 4] -> [Danger Sense LV 5]»

An army of monkeys is approaching our way. Their eyes are red to the core; filled with rage and animosity towards me. I could feel their bloodlust directed at me as my body became stricken with fear.

«Proficiency Threshold Reached... Skill has Level Up: [Fear Resistance LV 5] -> [Fear Resistance LV 6]»

Alright... alright... I feel better now. But why...? Why are they approaching with such hostility? What did I do to them?

"Kyuu!! Kyuu!!!"

«Proficiency Threshold Reached... Skill has Level Up: [Fear Resistance LV 6] -> [Fear Resistance LV 7]»

Don't tell me... No, that can only be it...

It's because I killed one of theirs, didn't I? And not only that, but the monkey I killed was way smaller than the ones approaching. Which means...

I just killed their baby, didn't I!?

"Kyuu!! KYUUUU!!!"

*Slap!*

Huh? What? Kyuki?

Kyuu!

Oh, yeah... You're right. We better run now!

"Kyuu!"

I grabbed Kyuki into my arms and immediately tried to run from the revenge-crazed monkeys that are approaching. However, maybe it was because of my late reaction to run, the monkeys begin to block our path. Eventually, surrounding us from all corners.

Shit shit shit! All because I killed their baby! All because I got cocky for a moment!

Dammit... I can only blame myself for this. I got too familiar with the way I was surviving, my sense of caution dulled because of it!

No... no, don't think about that now. Think about how we will escape this predicament, while the monkeys have yet to attack!

Is there an opening in their formation for us to slip through? None.

Is a fight with them unavoidable? Yeah... definitely.

Then... is there a way we can win? Most likely not. There are too many of them. Plus, they are all around the level 30 range, unlike the baby I killed.

Name: (none)

Race: Haymaker Simia

Lvl: 35

Physical Offense: 1804

Physical Defense: 2490

Magical Offense: 352

Magical Defense: 1895

Speed: 1487

«Proficiency Threshold Reached... Skill has Level Up: [Appraisal LV 5] -> [Appraisal LV 6]»

So in summary, escaping now is impossible and winning a fight against them is also impossible.

But... is surviving this outcome possible?

Guess we'll have to find out here and now.

Two of the monkeys came out from the army and approached the baby monkey's corpse. They then cried over the body for a moment, before dragging it away from the area that is about to become a battlefield.

Once the two monkeys have left, the others then began to act wildly; failing their arms around and roaring in a fit of anger. Ready to attack us at anytime now.

Kyuki, handle the defense.

"Kyuu!"

«Proficiency Threshold Reached... Skill has Level Up: [Spirit Telepathy LV 2] -> [Spirit Telepathy LV 3]»

I could hear my heart beating loudly and my face being sweaty. As I steel myself for what's about to come, blood-curdling screech rang through my ears as the monkeys then begin to launch their attack.

Dark Domain: Shadow Web!

Thanks for reading! 🍫

Bye bye~

150