Chapter 21: Search and Hunt
3.7k 21 158
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kyuki could hear the commotion of battle at where Rei is at. Although it is worried, it stayed focused on the task it was given; finding the leader of the monkeys.

Through the use of its Sneak and Short Range Teleportation skills, Kyuki was able to get pass the army of monkeys without being noticed. Especially since every single one of them are mainly focused on Rei rather then Kyuki.

However, as soon as Kyuki has reached the back of the enemy's formation, it found no such leader where its Master said it should be.

Kyuki started panicking and began looking around the area, thinking that the leader maybe hiding somewhere nearby, giving instructions to its soldiers.

But as Kyuki blinked from one place to another; checking every single place where the monkey leader could hide, Kyuki found nothing but dust. Resulting in the fox spirit to panic even more, as it needs to fulfill the mission quickly to save its master... to save Rei.

Kyuki continues to search for the leader in the area to no avail. But while it was looking around the area, Kyuki noticed something odd.

Rei told Kyuki that the leader would be at the back of army. But as Kyuki, who is now at the back of said army, looked upon the enemies' backs from behind, it realised that there was no way for it to see what was going on at the front, due to the formation the monkeys had taken to keep Rei trapped within the area.

And even if Kyuki reaches the height of a monkey, there was still no way for it to see the front where the battle is happening. Meaning there was no way the leader of the monkeys could give out immediate instructions without observing the battle first-hand.

With a few quick thinking, Kyuki came to the conclusion that the leader of the monkeys isn't at the back of the formation, but at the front where the battle is going on.

So, Kyuki uses its Short Range Teleportation skill and blinked up to the ceiling, creating a platform for itself by using Barrier Magic attached to the top of the cave, gaining a bird's eye view on the battlefield from above.

«100 Points Spent... Skill Acquired: [Observation LV 1]»

Kyuki began its search for the monkey leader, carefully watching the actions of each individual monkey all at once, thanks to the Observation skill it had obtained. Looking out for the one monkey that is acting differently from the rest.

It could also see Rei struggling against the monkey army; sustaining heavy injuries from their ferocity, which makes Kyuki want to abandon the mission and return by her side to help her. However, Kyuki resisted the urge to do so, as it know that in order to truly help its master, identifying the monkeys' leader is the best way to do it. Thus, it focused on observing the monkeys and their actions.

As each second went by, Kyuki gradually becomes more focused as it puts all of its energy into its observing the monkeys' actions. Resulting in the Observation skill to reach level 3 in such a short time.

"Kyuu?"

All of a sudden, Kyuki noticed something among the fallen monkeys. That being one of the supposedly dead monkeys, moving its arm ever so slightly.

That small twitching caught Kyuki's attention, who began to direct its focus onto that particular monkey.

And after a few seconds later, monkey moved again. But this time, it was its head. And after a dozen seconds later, the monkey moved for a third time.

That was when Kyuki became absolutely certain that the monkey was playing dead. But why? Kyuki questioned itself. Why is it playing dead?

Because it was ordered to by their leader? No. Kyuki shook its head as it didn't seem right.

Then is it waiting for an opportunity to strike Rei from behind? No. Kyuki shook its head again, knowing that wasn't the answer either.

Then why? Why is that one monkey playing dead there? Why is it not attacking Rei, despite clearly being able to move?

After some thought, Kyuki figured out the answer: It is playing dead in the middle of the battlefield because it is observing the battle. It is doing so to personally watch Rei's movements and the actions she took during battle. It also doing that to hide in plain sight; to not get pointed out among the other monkeys as it gives them their orders without compromising their position to the enemy.

With the answer figured out now, Kyuki became convinced and has concluded that the monkey playing dead... is the leader.

 


*Cough!* *Cough!*

This is bad...

While fighting, I had failed to evade a rock thrown at me and had lost my right eye as a result. In addition to that, I had received a heavy blow to the head and is having a very hard time trying to focus right now.

I must level up.

Notice:

[Spend Current Points to Level Up?]

«YES» OR «NO»

*Cough!* *Cough!*

Yes...

Name: Sheila Frontier (Rei Hoshimiya)

Race: True Demon

Lvl: 7 (Next Lvl Req: 70,000)

Title: [Reincarnation from Another World], [Key of the World], [Coward], [Spirit Contractor]

Physical Offense: 758 (+100)

Physical Defense; 810 (+100)

Magical Offense: 1198 (+100)

Magical Defense: 1255 (+100)

Speed: 811 (+100)

Skill(s): [Dark Domain], [Appraisal LVL 6], [Vital Strike LV 3], [Auto Healing LV 4], [Survivor LV 4], [Danger Sense LV 5], [Sneak LV 4], [Magic Combat Mastery LV 3], [Super Speed LV 4], [Iron Stomach LV 1], [Disease Resistance LV 2], [Pain Resistance LV 5], [Physical Resistance LV 5], [Fear Resistance LV 7], [Magic Resistance LV 1], [Dark Magic LV 4], [Magic Sense LV 4], [Magic Control LV 4], [Life Sense LV 1], [Naming LV 1], [Spirit Telepathy LV 3], [Spirit Command LV 1], [Magic Vein LV 4], [Poison Resistance LV 6], [Unarmed Combat Mastery LV 5], [Intuition LV 4], [Evasion LV 4], [Impact Resistance LV 4], [Iron Skin LV 4], [Super Strength LV 4], [Thought Acceleration LV 5], [Persistence LV 8], [Anger LV 2]
Current Point(s): 62,500

I have reached level 7 now. All of my injuries have been healed, as my body is fully restored once again.

However, I only wished levelling up would restore my clothes as well, since some parts of it had been torn off by the monkeys during the battle.

At least the important parts are still somewhat covered up, but still...

Did you have to make my mini skirt even mini-er!? I'm not wearing anything underneath it, you perverted monkeys!

Ahhh... My bottom's feeling breezy— Wait, no. That's not the point right now!

Die!

«Proficiency Threshold Reached... Skill has Levelled Up: [Anger LV 2] -> [Anger LV 3]»

Haa... Haaa...

This is bad... This is still bad... At this rate, I'll—

"KYUUUUUU~!!!"

Eh?

From above; from the ceiling, a Kyuki drops down from the heavens, as it then shines its blue balls of fire onto the ground beneath it. Burning the many corpses of monkeys there for whatever reason, unknown to me.

*GGGGAAAWWWWWRRRR~!!*

Oh my god...

IT'S A ZOMBIE MONKE!!!

"Kyuu! Kyuu...! Kyuu, kyuu, kyuu!!"

Huh, what? Kyuki's pointing at the zombie monkey for some reason...

Oh wait, no! That's not a zombie monkey, that's the monkeys' leader, ain't it!?

"Kyuu!"

So it was acting as the dead all this time, huh? Wow... I'd never would've guessed. But now that I think about it, it makes sense since it can watch me battle its soldiers, without having to give away its position.

Heh.

A smart monkey, I'll give him that.

But now....

You're mine.

Author's Note: Did a little edit on the third person part of the chapter. Changing the name Sheila to Rei instead.

Thanks for reading. 🍫

We're about to reach the end of the monkey fight.

See y'all then, kyuu~

158