Chapter 35: Forbidden Relationship
2.2k 12 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, tell me, boy... what is this sacred nectar you're asking me about?"

"Eh?"

A look of puzzlement was visibly shown on the boy's face.

"You mean..... you don't know? Even though you're an Alraune?"

"Yes, I don't. So tell me, boy. What is it?"

Hope drained from the boy's face as he was left unsure as to why I do not know what he was talking about, even though I should know in his eyes.

Perhaps there was some sort of misunderstanding between us. Probably thinking something like that along the lines, the boy looked at me and answered.

"I've read about it in a book about monsters. According to the author, they wrote that the flower-type monster known as Alraune can produce a special type of substance which they called the Sacred Nectar, which can be used as an ingredient to create a panacea. Do you... really not know about that, Great Lord?"

"Huh...?"

Who the fuck wrote that book?

I was confused by this information the boy had just told me, whereby my first thought upon hearing it was that he had been tricked by the author of the book in his desperation to save his mother. However, just when I was about to tell him that, I covered my mouth and stopped myself from speaking thoughtlessly as I gave it a second thought before actually saying something.

A special type of substance that only Alraune can produce, huh? There got to be something about it...

"Ah."

Then, I had a moment realisation and looked at the hopeful, foolish boy.

"Could you be talking about this?" I pulled out a drop of viscous liquid that had been contained with membranes and showed it to the boy.

Upon seeing the substance sitting on my vine, the boy's eyes lit with joy as he shouted.

"Yes! That's the one. It's perfectly as described on the book. That's the Sacred Nectar!" He then lowered his head to the ground again. "O Great Lord, may I please have that? I will offer you my body and soul after I've saved my mother with it. I swear upon my father's name!"

"Uh... yeah... Here you go." I handed him the 'Sacred Nectar' without complaint. "And stop calling me Great Lord. It feels weird being called that by a Human."

"Umm, then... how about... Your Majesty?"

"That's still the— *Sigh*... never mind. Just take the item and go."

"Yes, Your Majesty! Thank you so much. I promise I will return to offer you my body and soul."

"No... you don't need to— And he's gone."

I sighed again and watched him leave through my connection with the forest.

I couldn't say to him. Not that I ever will. But, the "Sacred Nectar" he was so desperately seeking was a sweet-scented lure created to attract monsters to me in order to kill them.

And in Human terminology, it would also be called something along the lines of a woman's "love juice".

...

Yes. I just gave him my crotch water.

Well, not that it matters to me, now that he's gone.

Hopefully it helps him make that panacea for his mother.

Otherwise— No... never mind. It's best that I forget about it.

"Meeting that boy was just a one time thing. He'd probably won't come back like he said he would."

That was what I told myself at that time. Believing that he wouldn't return, for the main reason they Humans have a tendency to lie and make empty promises, according to the memories of the Humans I've ate.

How wrong I was.....

"Why are you here again?" I asked the boy upon seeing him return a dozen days later. Expressing an obvious look of shock and confusion by his presence.

"I'm here to thank you, Your Majesty. Thanks to the Sacred Nectar you'd gave me, I was able to make the panacea for my mother and treat her illness before it got too serious. So, thank you very much!" He said, lowering his head down in gratitude to me, a monster.

"Ok..." I said while still in a state of astonishment. "So, that's all, right?" I then said to him.

"Of course not!" he replied firmly. "I'm here to offer you my body and soul as promised." said the boy as he spread his arms open, closed his eyes and said, "Now, devour me in however you please, Your Majesty. I'm ready."

I was baffled.

Though he'd said that, I was simply too stunned to move.

His actions, his choice of words, his demeanour towards me. They all make no sense for a Human to do. Making me think of the boy as nothing but an absolute fool.

I rest my face on my hand and sighed.

"I'm impressed by your dedication to your promise. But I have no interest in taking your life. So, you may leave." I said to him, believing that he would accept my mercy and leave my forest. But again, I was wrong.

"No. I can't do that."

"Why!?" I screamed out in confusion.

"It would be rude of me to simply leave without repaying my debt to you. That is why, I won't leave until you eat me."

Leave, you fucking fool! I'm giving you a chance to live, so take it for fuck's sake.

The boy was adamant on becoming my dinner. Having no such interest in consuming him, however, I needed to think of a way to make him leave. Besides, Human meat ain't even my main source of diet. It's sunlight.

"Look, boy, I have already ate before you came. Therefore, I'm not hungry right now. So there is no need for you to offer yourself to me. Go back. Go home. I'm sure your mother will be worried, won't she?"

"I see..." the boy looked down, dejected. "I understand, Your Majesty. I shall do as you say."

"Good. And farewell, boy."

I saw the boy off as he left the forest, believing that would be the last I'd ever see him. But once again, I was wrong.

"Why are you back again...?" I asked in a monotonous tone, seeing him in my presence on the next day.

"I have come to offer myself again! This time, I made sure to arrive at a time where I guessed you would be hungry."

Is that what he interpreted my lie as!? Just how determined are you to get eaten by me, boy!?

 "Oh. But before you eat me..."

"Now what!?"

The boy then took a bottle of yellow liquid from his pocket and popped open the cap. An attractive, sweet scent was then let out as the boy dumped the entire content on himself.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I have made myself more delectable to your taste. Now, you can eat as you please."

And here I thought he was having second thoughts! He was just seasoning himself!

I moved up closer to him and stared him down. His body has been covered in the gooey stuff he poured on himself. Its sweet scent was hitting my nose with an attractive allure.

Certainly, he has made himself seem more delectable to monsters, including myself. But the thing is...

I don't want to eat him.

Watching his antics had removed my appetite. What's more, it was clear that he doesn't want to be eaten too, judging by the fearful trembling he's body was making. Yet, he still insist on becoming my meal.

I know Humans are stubborn creatures, but I didn't they'd be this stubborn!

I slid my finger on his body, scooping up some of the thick yellow stuff on him.

In the first place, what even is this?

Without a moment's hesitation, I put it in my mouth and was immediately taken aback by the taste of it.

Normally, as a flower monster, I would eat my preys through my roots and absorb their nutrients from there. That's why, consuming something through my humanoid mouth for a first for me.

And my goodness! How delicious it was. Sweet and savoury as it just melts in the mouth. Mmmmmm~ My body is in bliss from just a tiny amount of it.

This gave me an idea.

"Boy, tell me... Was this yellow stuff made using your Alchemy skill?"

The boy looked at me, amazed. "As expected of Your Majesty. You already knew I have the Alchemy skill. Yes. I made this artificial honey with it. It was written that Alraunes have a preferred taste for it."

"I see."

So whoever wrote that book he'd read knew more about monsters than the monsters themselves. Could they be some sort of researcher perhaps?

 《100 Points Spent... Skill Acquired: [Alchemy LV 1]》

"Boy."

"Yes, Your Majesty?"

"You said that you would offer your body and soul to me, correct?"

"That is correct."

The side of my lips lifted a gleeful smile.

"In that case, I won't eat you."

"Eh?"

"Instead, I want you to teach me Alchemy. I had just gotten the skill as I have gained a bit of an interest in it. Therefore, boy, you shall teach everything you know about it."

"But I... I'm just an apprentice alchemist. I'm not really suited for—"

"Then become a full fledged alchemist and teach me. You have offered your body and soul, did you not? Then there should be no complaints."

"I..." the boy held his tongue, pondering for a moment before reluctantly accepting my request. "Ok. I will teach you what I know, Your Majesty."

"Good. I like the sound of that."

Now I don't have to eat him and I can make more of the honey he'd presented to me.

It would have certainly be easier if I just have him make it for me every time he comes here. However, the Human lifespan is short and they may die unexpectedly before even reaching the end of their life. That's why, it would be more beneficial for me to learn of how to make it than it is to have the boy present it to me.

"Umm, Your Majesty. May I be permitted to return home first then? I will need to gather the materials necessary for the lessons."

"Fufufu~ No." I delightfully replied, causing the boy to be shock for a second. "Not yet at least..." I added. Then, before the boy could even ask what I meant by that, I used my Nature Magic and grew vines and tendrils beneath his feet. It sprouted out, curling around the boy's body and binding his limbs as he gets lifted in the air.

"Your Majesty, what are you doing!?"

The boy panicked. Unsure as to what was going on while I licked my lips in response.

"Ara Ara~ Did you really think I would just let you leave in such a state? You have covered yourself in the honey you made to look more delectable to me. Athough I said won't eat you, to let all of this good stuff go to waste is just wrong, no?" I said, bringing the boy closer to him.

His terrified face, his body shivering with fear, seeing him express those feelings awoke something within me as I excitedly said to him.

"Don't worry. I'll be gentle~♡"

From the memories and knowledge of those I had ate before, the interaction between Humans and monsters is said to be impossible as Humans sees monsters as a way to gain points legally, whereas monsters sees Humans and any other races as food.

Yet, despite knowing that, I, a monster, have deliberately chose to involve myself with the boy, a Human. Just like how he chose to interact with me.

This was the beginning of a forbidden relationship between the two of us.

Thanks for reading. 🍫

61