Chapter 43: Dagon
1.1k 4 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Somewhere on the 81st floor.

A man walked with utter fearlessness, emitting a menacing aura along the path he took.

Monsters that reside on that floor instinctively avoid attacking him because of that aura. Staying in their place in fear as he passed by them like they are nothing but ants.

That man is Dagon. And as he walked up the stairs to the 80th floor where Eliza is, he pulled open the door and was immediately greeted by numerous amount of different spells, right at his face.

🍫🍫🍫

Eliza's POV

Looks like he's here....

Prior to Dagon's arrival, I've set a trap by the door where he will need to enter from.

Bullet Seeds, Explosive Seeds, Toxic Breath and Paralysis Breath from the use of my Nature Magic skill.

Fire Mine, Fire Pillar and Flash Burn from my Fire Magic skill.

Those were the spells I had set to greet him when he arrives. But obviously, it wasn't enough to kill him as expected.

"Is that all, Queen Alraune?" said the bastard as he walked out of the flame like it's nothing. "And here I was expecting more." he added with a tone of disappointment.

"Hah!" I laughed at his remark. "Oh, I'm sorry. If I had more time to prepare, I would've provided you with a much better welcome." I retorted sarcastically at him.

Although my pre-emptive strike did not do much on him, Dagon still took some damage from that. Most important of all was that my Bullet Seeds spell had successfully penetrated his body. That's good.

Dagon stretched his neck without care about the damage as his body quickly regenerated. "Well then, are you ready to die now, Queen Alraune?"

I grinned, hiding my fear of him. "Of course not. Also, I believed I've told you that the name is Eliza now."

"Indeed you have. But what does it matter when you're going to die anyways?"

And then, Dagon transformed into his Hydra form. While he did so, I began my attack.

[Nature Magic - Log Chain!], [Explosive Seeds!]

A bunch of tree grew around the target to bind him in place, as his multiple heads were then met with a bunch of explosions in the face.

However, when I was about to use another Nature Magic spell, breaths of fire, water, lightning, wind and earth were launched from the mouths of his heads at me.

[Nature Magic - The Devouring One!]

Spawning a familiar as my shield, it absorbed the five elemental breath attacks and exploded from consuming too much. Creating a smokescreen for me as I then utilised my Racial Skill, Terrain Movement, to relocate myself in Dagon's blind spot to attack from there.

[Combined Magic - Heat Thorns!]

Multiple sharp and hot thorns emerged from the Log Chain spell that was binding Dagon. It started forcing its way into his body with the immense heat to melt his scales as it pierced through. Despite having his defenses penetrated by my attack, however, Dagon gave a cold and calm look as he turned his heads towards me.

"Is that all?" he said, before teleporting his enormous body out of the binding and disappearing from my sights.

Thinking that he will appear on the other side of the room with small it is compared to his big hydra body, I looked to my left. Only to notice him on my right in his humanoid form.

"Shi—!"

"Too late. Frost Breath!"

One of his heads emerged from the side of his neck and fired a breath of extremely cold air at me. Freezing my body all over in ice as I lose my consciousness to the cold.

...

...

"With this, it's over."

Dagon then smashed the block of ice into pieces. Effectively killing me as he looked down at the broken pieces of me that were sitting on a patch of flowers.

And so, "I" died.

[Combined Magic - Blazing Bullet Seeds!]

"What!?"

Dagon took several hits from behind as he'd dropped his guard. However, he stood his ground and quickly turned around, placing his arms in front to block the rest of the attack.

"Adamantite Skin!"

His defense perked up. The Blazing Bullet Seeds were no longer able to pierce through his body no more. Even so, Dagon was not able to contain his shock as he sees me emerge from the ground.

"How....?"

"How, you say? Fufufu~ Oh my, what an dumb snake you are." I started mocking him.

"Did you really think I would face you head on like a fool?"

Those words of mine were big enough of a hint for Dagon to understand.

"So that's how you're play. By sending clones of yourself to face me."

"Fufufu~ Correct."

The moment I praised him for guessing correctly, a hundred more of me grew out of the ground, surrounding the monster.

A Racial Skill of the Alraune, Blossom Replica. It allows me to indefinitely create clones of myself with half of my original stats, so as long as the main body is unharmed.

It was a hassle to make all of these clones beforehand, as I had to make them in a spot which will go unnoticed under Dagon's surveillance and immediately bury them in the soil. Creating only one each day, so that he wouldn't realise my disappearance in the room that I am trapped in.

And these were not created in the past month since she and the little fox arrived.

Countless years since who knows when, I have been creating them in secret. To protect myself from Loboros, from Dagon, and from any intruders who came down here to get the body of Sheila Frontier. Namely, the Demons.

Approximately 50,000 clones are buried in the soil of this room. All ready to be unleashed onto you.

""Now then, let's see many of us you can stand against, shall we?"" all of the mes said simultaneously, echoing each other's voice with nasty smiles on their faces. Dagon, however, was having none of it.

"Sorry. But I ain't got time for games."

""Awww~ Don't be like that. Let's have some fun, my dear Dagon!""

As all of my clones came at him at the same time, my battle against Dagon has thus began for real.

Even with that many clones, I doubt I can still win against the beast that is Dagon. But that doesn't matter because my purpose is to buy as much time as I can.

Fufufu~ What a fool I truly am....

Thanks for reading. 🍫

40