Chapter 1: Curiosity
529 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

System has been connected, allocating appropriate Titles and Skills.
Due to being reincarnated, the Soulbound Title Reincarnator has been given.
Due to the Title Reincarnator, the Skill Language Comprehension and the Soulbound Title Mask of Curiosity have been given.
Due to the Title Mask of Curiosity, the Skills Appraisal and The Library have been given.

Due to having a broken soul, the Soulbound Title Broken has been given.

Due to being born as a Rock Golem, the Skills Inner Core and Rock Body (Permanent) have been given.

Certain conditions have been met, the following Titles have been given:
Due to being a Dungeon-made monster, the Earned Title Dungeon Monster has been given.
Due to being a monster capable of independent thought, the Earned Title Cognitive Monster has been given.

Level 5 has been reached. The following has happened:
The Skill The Library has upgraded. Non-fiction books are now sorted by subject, and fiction books are now sorted by genre.
The Skill The Library has given the Skill Calculation.

I was awoken by a knock on the arm and the sound of pings from somewhere and found my eyes completely covered by a blue wall and text. I did a quick skim over the text, finding myself more and more excited as I continued reading. Reincarnation? Second chances are always neat. I’m guessing Language Comprehension means I can speak and read the language. How convenient. Mask of Curiosity? That certainly explains a lot. Appraisal, a classic. The Library. I have no idea what that could be. Ooh, that gets me going.

Broken. A broken soul, huh. That doesn’t sound good. Eh, whatever, won’t stop me. Wait, something touched my arm. Probably nothing, so back to my thoughts.

Dungeon Monster must mean I’m a monster. Well duh, it has monster in it. Cognitive Monster must mean your typical monsters are stupid. Hmm… I wonder if they can be trained to gain this Title. So my race is Rock Golem, which is cool and different. Is it different? Well, that doesn’t matter to me. Looking ahead of me, I can see that there are no other Rock Golems. Mama, papa, where are you? Do Rock Golems even have parents? Looking at my hands… It's just rock. No fingers, no palm, just a bunch of rocks. Looking over my body I seem to just be haphazardly put together. This is fine. Ow, I feel like I’ve been poked. No biggie though.

On another note, I seem to have already reached level 5. Either my memories weren’t there and I gained levels while in a dormant state, or this system has a different levelling system. I hope it’s the latter, EXP grinding seems like a pain. Having to sacrifice time solely to levelling instead of something actually interesting, no thank you. The Library seemed to upgrade, that sorting thing is convenient, and Calculation… Do I even need to do math in this world? 

Since I have skills and this system thing, then maybe… Status!

Status

General Information

Name: Unknown
Age: 0 years old
Race: Rock Golem
Level: 7
Current DUR: 200
Current MP: 55

Statistics

Physical
DUR: 204
SP: Not Applicable
STR: 65
DEF: 124
AGI: 36

Magical
MP: 55
INT: 303
FOR: 65
CST: 65
LUC: 125

Skills (6)

Unique Skills:
The Library (2/5)

Racial Skills:
Inner Core
Rock Body (Permanent)

Granted Skills:
Appraisal
Calculation
Language Comprehension

Titles (6)

Soulbound Titles:
Broken (Unactivate)
Mask Of Curiosity
Reincarnator

Earned Titles:
Cognitive Monster
Dungeon Monster (Active)
Roaming Boss (Active)

 

Looking at this… it’s telling me nothing. I have no idea what those stats mean, I know what my race is, the alerts before told me what skills I got but I have no idea what exactly they do, and the titles are even more confusing. Fortunately I have Appraisal! Thank you System God for gifting me such a good skill! First thing first, my unique skill, The Library.

The Library

Grants access to an extradimensional library that has every text to have ever existed in this world within its walls. Grants a random Information-based Skill every 5 levels. Increase INT by 10 for each level you have. The Library is upgraded every 5 levels, for up to 5 upgrades.
Upgrade 1: Non-fiction books are now sorted by subject and fiction books are sorted by genre.

“A man who can equal the strength of a country is only a threat to the country he is in, but a man who can equal the knowledge of a country is a threat to the world, regardless of location.” - Wallord Forren, The Conqueror of Cassol

Every text to have ever existed. I have to go there now, how do I do it? The Library!

Suddenly, I found myself in a reception-like area, with a desk in front of me with a mechanical woman with her eyes closed standing behind it, and beside the desk were four doors. The two doors on the edges were locked, the one on the left being decorated with towering pillars on its sides and giving off a holy aura, and the one on the right being covered with circuitry. The two doors directly beside the reception desk were open, and through them I could see shelves upon shelves upon shelves, going far as my eye could see. Wait, do Rock Golems even have eyes? 

The door to the right led to the non-fiction area, meanwhile the left door led to fiction. I’m guessing the woman in the desk and the two locked doors are upgrades, but I wonder what’s behind the doors? Well, I’ll find out eventually. I looked behind me and saw a portal that led back to the normal world, and I saw a giant bee, looking around confused. So that’s what was poking me. Going to have to deal with that eventually.

I walked up to the non-fiction door, before stopping. Since the Library’s description said every text to have ever existed, does that include people’s diaries or journals? The moment I thought that, the shelves moved around, some going backwards, some upwards, and some even sinking into the floor, with other shelves appearing, filling in the emptied spaces. Oh ho, so it’s receptive to my thoughts. Books on the system, then. Once again the shelves shuffled again, but this time a shelf with only three rows of books appeared, and conveniently a table with a chair. I guess people don’t write a lot about the system. 

I walked up to the shelf to pick up a book, only to realise something. I don’t have fingers. I… don’t have fingers. I fell to my knees, and realised another thing. I have no mouth. I can’t even scream in frustration. Well then, since I need to distract myself from these terrible realisations, time to set some questions that can act as goals.

  1. How to get fingers? (Priority)
  2. How to get a mouth, or some way to communicate? (Maybe priority)
  3. Where am I? (Not that important)
  4. Question about the System. (I’m sure I’ll think something up more specific)
  5. How to kill that bee? (Maybe punch it)
  6. What do I look like? (Rocks, probably)

That seems like a good list. I’m sure there’s other questions on my mind, but I’m sure I’ll remember them. For now, let's focus on these! I’ll start with question 4, and answer it by using Appraisal on my status page. Seems like a good time waster while I wait for the bee to shoo off and kiss some flowers. Do dungeons even have flowers? How does a dungeon ecosystem work with such giant bees? Are the flowers giant? So many questions, not enough fingers to find the answer through books.

Hi, Jarkon here. Just wanted to say something. This is just your typical reincarnation story. I wanted to write, but haven't written a story before, so I figured I'd start off with something simple. So don't expect anything huge or mindblowing from this story. It's just your run-of-the-mill reincarnation story. Feel free to continue reading it, I guarantee you nothing overly terrible or mind-numbing will happen and updates will happen frequently, maybe 2-3 days. This is something I'm doing for fun though, so there may be some dry spells.

15