Chapter 2: Praise The Omnipresent Appraisal
434 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Status

General Information

Name: Unknown
Age: 0 years old
Race: Rock Golem
Level: 7
Current DUR: 200
Current MP: 55

Statistics

Physical
DUR: 204
SP: Not Applicable
STR: 65
DEF: 124
AGI: 36

Magical
MP: 55
INT: 303
FOR: 65
CST: 65
LUC: 125

Skills (6)

Unique Skills
The Library (2/5)

Racial Skills
Inner Core
Rock Body (Permanent)

Granted Skills
Appraisal
Calculation
Language Comprehension

Titles (6)

Soulbound Titles
Broken (Unactivate)
Mask Of Curiosity
Reincarnator

Earned Titles
Cognitive Monster
Dungeon Monster (Active)
Roaming Boss (Active)

Guess I’ll find out what the letters stand for. Help me Appraisal!

Statistics: Numerical values that dictate how powerful one is in a certain aspect. These are split up into two categories, Physical and Magical. These can be increased through three methods: through Skills, through Titles that increase stats, or through the Birthday bonus.

HP: Health Points. Dictates how much DMG one being can take. If this reaches 0, you die.
DUR: Durability. Dictates how much DMG a thing can take. Typically given by equipping armor or a shield, however species with artificial bodies have this instead of HP.
SP: Stamina Points. Dictates how much one can use Physical skills.
STR: Strength. Dictates how much Physical DMG one can deal.
DEF: Defense. Dictates how much one can take Physical harm.
AGI: Agility. Dictates how fast one can move.
MP: Magic Points. Dictates how much one can use Magic skills.
INT: Intelligence. Dictates how much Magical DMG one can deal
FOR: Fortitude. Dictates how much one can take Magical harm. 
CST: Casting. Dictates how fast one can use Magic.
LUC: Luck. Feeling lucky?

So I have DUR instead of HP because I’m a Golem, makes sense. I don’t need to care about SP, according to my status, so I’ll skip that part. STR, DEF, and AGI seemed obvious. So did MP. Intelligence being related to Magic is interesting. Since I have a much higher INT than other stats, does that mean I could be a magician? I wonder how far I could push magic. Maybe I could become a reality bender. Ooh… that sounds fun. Fortitude, I guess Magic is mental or something. Maybe the magic is an illusion all in our mind. Casting… that’s basically magic AGI. Luck… that’s oddly vague. System, is that a bug? It’s not changing, so I guess whoever wrote this into the System got bored by the end of it. Maybe. What an irresponsible Goddess.

A magic-focused Rock Golem. Thinking about it, that’s kinda funny and out of left field. Aren’t Golems physical-based monsters? Aren’t I supposed to go smash? Screw that, magic’s cool. I hope I have magic based Skills though. Or maybe there’s magic books in the Library. Library, magic books please!

The shelves shuffled about, and I swear I saw one grow wings and fly towards the door. The shelves set themselves in aisles that seemed to go on and on, and out of the ground a sign popped up. On it were the words ‘The shelves containing Magic end at aisle 173.’ That is a lot of magic books. A shame I don’t have fingers to read them. Guess I’ll check out my skills then. Appraisal Taisal! Like my spell? It adds flavour.

Inner Core

Within yourself is your Core. As long as no harm befalls it, you are not truly harmed. Replace the HP stat with DUR, and convert all HP increases to DUR increases. Increase DUR by 7 and DEF by 2 for each level.

“Everything has a Core. The only difference between mine and yours is that my Core will still live even if I lose my body.” - Terrian, The First Golem

This explains why I have DUR instead of HP. I wonder where my Core is? Where my heart would be or my brain? Can I stuff it into a different body use it? I’ve gotta test that out some time.

Rock Body (Permanent)

A permanent version of the skill Rock Body, this causes your flesh and bones to permanently be changed to rock. Negates the need for SP. Increase DEF by 5 for each level. Decrease your AGI by 2 for each level.

“Flesh is a weakness living creatures don’t know they have.” - Terrian, The First Golem

Another DEF increasing skill. I must be very resilient against physical attacks. A tanky mage. That makes me laugh. Hahaha… why does that make me laugh? Eh, whatever. This Terrian fellow, I’d like to meet him. He’s technically my ancestor. Golems live forever, right?

Appraisal

You are able to see the Status of anything. Appraisal is upgraded every 10 levels, for up to 3 upgrades.

“The first thing you should do when meeting someone is find out what they can do. After that is a matter of preference.” - Unknown, The Phantom Assassin.

Ooh, Appraisal, you can be upgraded! Good on you buddy. I wonder what they are though? Specific detail? Secret details? Specific secret details? Also, I have no idea what this quote means. Next Skill!

Calculation

You are able to complete calculations faster, and can easily guess the dimensions of things or the amount of a group of things. Increase INT by 1 for each level.

Well that’s boring. The extra INT is nice though.

Language Comprehension

Allows the user to understand and read any language. Increase INT by 3 for each level.

Language is a powerful weapon, for it can both start and end wars. - Elgenhein Wald, The Hermit Within The Lost Forest

Huh. That’s helpful. The extra INT is really helpful, and maybe this will let me speak Magic language. I assume that’s a thing. Is it? Although… what kind of name is Elgenhein? And what’s with all the quotes? Are these starting Skills I have actually big deals? Well that’s all my skills, so let's check on the bee.

Aaaand it’s still there. It’s taking a break though, since it’s no longer flying. It’s just sitting there, menacingly. Not really, it’s kinda stupid looking, upon further inspection. Bees were not made to sit. Well then, onto Titles.

Broken

The current state of your soul is broken, and yet despite this, you live. Increase all stats by 20 for each level once your soul is repaired.

“The only thing scarier than an undead with a soul, are those who live with broken souls. Not even the undead are as unnatural as them.” - Folex, The Hunter of All

So my soul is indeed broken. Those +20 to stats is very tempting, so I guess I have another goal in mind. On to Mask of Curiosity.

Due to Goddess interference, the Soulbound Title Mask of Curiosity cannot be appraised.

Well then… that’s interesting. Really piques my curiosity. Why would the Goddess not let me see the title? Hoo boy, another goal added to the list. Well, there’s still more Titles to go. This Mask of Curiosity debacle has really got my interest, so I think I’ll just skim over the last four titles.

Reincarnator

You had died once, and now you live once again. Grants Language Comprehension and a random Skill or Title based on your previous life.

“Reincarnation is the greatest second chance anyone could get. Use it wisely.” - Cera, The Goddess of Souls

Cognitive Monster

Despite being a monster born incapable of thought, you have become cognitive. Increase INT by 10 for each level.

“It was that day I learnt that the scariest monsters weren’t the ones found beyond my puzzles, but the ones who could solve them.” - Zanabar, The Dungeon Core of The Hallowed Peak

Dungeon Monster

You are a monster born to serve and fight for a Dungeon Core and its Master. Increase all stats by 2 for each level when within a Dungeon.

Roaming Boss

Among your peers, you are the one who stands at the top. Not even the Floor Boss is equal. Feel free to roam around the world, and rampage as you like. Increase all stats by 3 for each level when within a Dungeon. Anyone who kills you is guaranteed rare loot.

“The monsters left unchained by the limits set by the Core are the greatest dangers you’ll face in a Dungeon. Not even the Core knows what these monsters will do.” - Wolfgang Fenton, The Dungeon Cleaner

So there’s a Goddess of Souls, maybe she was the one interfering? Cognitive Monster is giving me so much INT, and paired up with The Library, no wonder I’m in the 300s. Dungeon Monster and Roaming Boss seem to really add up, but I don’t like the idea of being locked up in a Dungeon for the rest of my life. These quotes… I wonder if the people who said them are still around. The Goddess should be, and maybe the Dungeon Core… why am I thinking about people I’ll never meet? Well then, this Status deepdive has left me with some more questions, time to update them.

  1. How to get fingers? (Priority)
  2. How to get a mouth, or some way to communicate? (Maybe priority)
  3. Where am I? (Not that important)
  4. Question about the System. (I’m sure I’ll think something up more specific)
  5. How to kill that bee? (Maybe punch it)
  6. What do I look like? (Rocks, probably)
  7. Why did the Goddess stop me from learning about Mask of Curiosity? (Maybe it’s about curiosity and the cat)
  8. What kind of name is Elgenhein? (Old Wizard Man Elf Thing, probably)
  9. How am I remembering these questions? (Magic?)

Question 5 reminds me, is that bee still there? I looked out and saw the bee was still there, still sitting, but this time around the sitting felt more like meditating. A meditating bee. Why?

“Maybe you should use Appraisal on it?”

WAH! Who goes there?! Oh, it’s just a ghost girl sitting on the reception desk. Wait, ghost girl? Is this library haunted? I looked at where she was before, but she disappeared, before reappearing right in front of me.

“Boo!” AHH!!!

15