Chapter 3: A Ghost Then A Bee
407 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Who is this ghost girl? Why is she here? Why is the bee meditating? Why is it always a plain white one-piece dress? Why did I ask that previous question?

“I’m your Librarian-and-wife-to-be, I’m here because I’m your Librarian-and-wife-to-be, you should use Appraisal on the bee, plain white one-piece dresses are cute and all they sell to ghosts, and because plain white one-piece dresses on ghosts are cliche. That’s all your answers questioned.”

You can read my mind?
“I’m clearly reading your expressions, dummy.”

Wait, really?

“You’re a heap of rocks. Of course I’m reading your mind. One person starts existing around you, and suddenly you can’t think. Or are you just stunned by my good looks?”

Looking at her, she has short hair, she has an average body type, not too big, skinny, curvy or round, and all she’s wearing is a plain white one-piece dress. This… is average, isn’t it?

“I can read your thoughts, you know.”

Oh. You’re beautiful, very pretty, your beauty knows no bounds.

“Just go back to asking questions. It’s what you’re good at.”

Fine. Who are you?

“Like I said, your Librarian-and-wife-to-be.”

That doesn’t tell me anything. What do you mean by Librarian-and-wife-to-be? And who exactly are you? What’s your name? What’s your age? How can you read my mind? What’s going on with the meditating bee?

“Fine, fine, I’ll explain what’s going on with me.” She pointed towards the mechanical body behind the reception desk. “That right there is my main body. Since you haven’t gotten to the level for the appropriate upgrade that unlocks me, it’s currently in a dormant state, so right now, I’m stuck like this. By the way, you’re not supposed to be able to see me. That’s what I mean by the Librarian-to-be part.”

I see. That makes sense. When do I unlock you?

“Eventually.”

What exactly can you do?
“I can give you the exact book based on your needs, I can read for you, and I can make you beverages that’d make Dionysus envious.”

Give books to me and read for me, that’s convenient. By the way, who is Dionysus?

“To explain how I know that fellow, I first got to explain who I am. I am Metis, a Goddess.”

A Goddess? So do you kno-

“I’m from another world, so I wouldn’t know who interfered. I have only met with one Goddess in this world, and she is the one who let me cross over. By the way, despite being a Goddess, I’m dead, which is why I’m a ghost. I made a deal with the Goddess, and that’s why I’m here. Dionysus is a fellow God from my world, quite the outgoing fellow.”

I see. Gods can die?

“Sure can. I’ve seen many die in my lifetime, and ultimately, the same happened to me. I’d cry about it, but I’ve got a second chance.”

Good on you. Since I’m reincarnated, I guess we’re both on our second chances. Also, I just remembered, what do you mean by wife-to-be?

“I’m tied to your unique skill, so you and I are stuck forever. Might as well get married at that point.”

Fair point. I’ve got no more questions for now, but I do feel like I’m forgetting something.

“The bee.”

Oh yes, I need to Appraise! Appraisal, scan that bee!

Status

General Information

Name: No Name
Age: 2 years old
Race: Meditating Bee
Level: 5
Skills: 3
Titles: 2

Statistics

Physical
HP: 85
SP: 55
STR: 50
DEF: 50
AGI: 65

Magical
MP: 60
INT: 20
FOR: 40
CST: 50
LUC: 25

Meditating Bee… what? 

“Looking at these stats, you could definitely take it. You’ve got it beat in everything but Agility.”

You can see my System screens?

“I’m part of your Skill, technically speaking. Why wouldn’t I be able to see it?”

Good point. 

“Now go fight it.”

I could, but what’s stopping me from just staying here in the Library?

“There’s a time limit.”

There is? When does it end?

“Right now.”

Wait... what?! Suddenly, I found myself back in the Dungeon, appearing right in front of the bee. The view from the Library didn’t do its size justice, as it was nearly twice my height. Its stinger was almost the size of my arm! Fortunately for me, my sudden teleportation was silent, and it was still meditating. Good, good. I can sneak away with this!

I turned around, and with that action, the sounds of rocks scraping each other echoed through the rock cave we were in. Why were there echoes?! I faced the bee and saw its eyes were wide awake. Its wings started beating, and its stinger now pointed towards me. Time to battle!

I sent a punch at the bee, and I missed. I punched again and still missed. I did a fake punch, the bee fell for it, so I sent a real punch but still missed. The bee flew at me with its stinger aimed at me, and I couldn’t dodge it, so it hit me straight in the torso.

Meditating Bee has attacked you! You have taken 1 DMG.

Weak… this back and forth continued on for hours. I didn’t have the AGI to hit it, and it only dealt 1 DMG to me. Although it could’ve killed me, I learnt the Skill Assimilation, which let me heal my DUR by absorbing rocks in the area, and since we were in a cave, I was basically invincible. Occasionally it attacked with a skill, but that dealt a total of 10 DMG, which was barely a dent. Eventually, it stopped attacking me since it ran out of SP and decided to meditate, despite me, the enemy, being nearby. I just decided to sit down, having long lost the motivation to kill it, and took part in meditation with it.

The Skill Meditation has been learnt. Your level has increased to 9.

Huh, I’ve got Meditation now. Also, how did I level up? I’ll think about that later, but first, I faced the bee, which had also finished its meditation. We stared at each other for a few seconds, and it shrunk to my size. Huh, must be a Skill, although I wonder what it is? The bee further shrunk into a size normal for bees, sat on my head, and it went back to meditating. I guess we’re friends now. Is that how it works for monsters? Since this is downtime, I might as well go over my questions. 

  1. How to get fingers? (Priority)
  2. How to get a mouth or some way to communicate? (Maybe priority)
  3. Where am I? (Not that important)
  4. How do I level up? (Clearly not by killing)
  5. How to kill that bee? I became its friend.
  6. What do I look like? (Rocks, probably)
  7. Why did the Goddess stop me from learning about Mask of Curiosity? (Maybe it’s about curiosity and the cat)
  8. What kind of name is Elgenhein? (Old Wizard Man Elf Thing, probably)
  9. How do I remember these questions? (Magic?)
  10. Something about Metis. (I’m sure I’ve got a lot more questions somewhere)

Finally answered one of them. Guess I’ll work on question 3, this Bee should be helpful.

Help, how to name chapters?

18