Chapter 6: Bossfight
397 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Go on, go on. You can do it.” The old man was pushing Bee and me through the door, urging us the fight. I didn’t really want to fight. So far, most of the fights I’ve been part of have just been me tanking DMG and missing a lot of punches. Although the average monsters dealt just 1 DMG to me, this was a boss. They definitely could deal DMG to me. I’m also not confident in Bee’s ability to kill the boss. It’s a boss, after all. Maybe if I had magic I could, but then again, it’s a boss.

While I was busy mulling over things, it seemed Ivest had managed to push me through the door, and with Bee on my head, we found ourselves in the boss’ chambers. Looking around, I saw nothing. I at least expected some adventurer bones and equipment, but the ground was spotless. Besides some liquid in the middle of the room. Kinda looks like drool. Oh look, a drop from above dropped into the puddle. Wait…

I looked up, Bee somehow still sticking to my head, and saw the boss. A giant bat, with some of its bones exposed due to rotting flesh and two fangs sticking out from its mouth. The bat was hanging upside down, sleeping, with drool coming out of its mouth. There were holes in the ceiling, with monster corpses inside them, limbs hanging outside. Okay, sleeping. How convenient. Before I start planning, time to appraise.

Status

General Information

Name: Mary Kerr
Age: 4 years old
Race: Vampire Zombie Bat
Level: 9
Skills: 5
Titles: 6

Statistics

Physical
HP: 162
SP: Not Applicable
STR: 105
DEF: 106
AGI: 118

Magical
MP: 84
INT: 81
FOR: 86
CST: 88
LUC: 147

This is… not good. It outspeeds both Bee and me, so how are we even going to hit it? I also still have no idea how DEF and FOR work in relation to DMG, so can we even DMG it? Fortunately, it’s sleeping right now, so maybe we could unleash a snea- wait, it’s on the roof. How are we supposed to go there? Well, Bee can fly, but I can’t. Speaking of Bee, where are the- oh god.

Bee had flown to the bat and grown in size to be equal to it. Bee looks at me, buzzing. What do you mean ‘Can I attack it?’ I shake my rocky head to make sure it doesn’t attack, but it takes it as some sort of affirmation, as it salutes with its scythe hand things then quickly slashes the bat.

Bee has attacked the boss Mary Kerr. It dealt 6 DMG. The boss is at 156 HP.

The bat was violently woken up, completely surprised by the attack, and fell hard to the floor. Bee looked at me and buzzed with an air of arrogance, boasting about how it did that. The bat, a bit dazed from the hit on the ground, looked around and locked onto me, the only thing in the room on the floor. Why me? I didn’t attack you! It lunged at me and used its bat feet claws to scratch me. I tried dodging it, but my AGI is horrendously low.

Mary Kerr has attacked you. You have taken 31 DMG.

Woah, that’s a lot DMG. The bat then grabbed hold of me and threw me straight at Bee. This is not an enjoyable experience. Fortunately, Bee, due to their increased size, managed to catch me before I fell straight to the floor. It turns out Bee isn’t strong enough to carry me. I found myself lying on the floor, meanwhile, Bee was still flying, buzzing to see if I was still alright. I really wished I had a way to communicate.

The bat quickly dashed towards Bee, tackling then pinning it to the floor. It then sunk its fangs into Bee, who started squirming. Oi, that’s my bee friend! I quickly rose and punched the bat. It was too distracted to notice me coming towards it, so I finally connected my first punch in any fight in this life. 

You have attacked the boss Mary Kerr. You dealt 22 DMG. The boss is at 134 HP.

The bat, angered at my disruption, flew straight at me. I tried moving, but it was far too fast for me. It grabbed hold of my two arms within its claws and started flying upwards before Bee came to my rescue. Using its stinger, it attacked the boss, leading to it screeching, letting me go, and flying towards the holes filled with monster corpses.

Bee has attacked the boss Mary Kerr with the skill Sting. It has dealt 70 DMG. The boss is at 64 HP.

Woah, ten times DMG. That’s one hell of a skill Bee. Now in its hole, the bat started chewing on the corpses, sucking the blood from them. It was also absorbing the Zombie Bat corpses it has. Wait a minute, that’s Assimilation. It’s healing! That’s cheating!

Before I could continue, Bee shrunk down to my size and did a kneel, making a buzzing noise. “My queen.” Excuse me Bee, but this doesn’t seem like the time. We have a boss to fi-

Due to a Bee with a ranking of Queen or higher pledging loyalty to you, the Soulbound Title Hive Queen has been given.
Due to the Title Hive Queen, the skill Hivemind has been granted and level 10 has been reached.

Due to level 10 being reached, the following has happened:
The Library has been upgraded. Outside entities may enter the Library with your permission and books may be taken out.
The Library has given the skill Earth Magic.
Appraisal has been upgraded. More detail has been added, and the differences in stats are now shown.

Oh. How convenient. Wait… Earth Magic. Okay, Earth Bullet! A giant ball of rock appeared beside me and flung itself towards the bat, who was busy consuming the corpses.

You have attacked the boss Mary Kerr with the skill Earth Magic. You dealt 603 DMG. The boss Mary Kerr has been defeated.

Eh?

It appears I have made a slight oversight in regards to Golem's INT. Oh well, what's done is done.

13